• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by frank201603 View Post
    QQ: 762668269
    Email: nicko2582@hotmail.com
    Web:www.fakediploma58.com
    Excellent point, but why else do you think Walman will be out longer than expected?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by frank201603 View Post
      QQ: 762668269
      Email: nicko2582@hotmail.com
      Web:www.fakediploma58.com
      No Jon that the famous Durham cipher and it clearly states Providence is going to get their desevrings, your bald headed assistant sucks
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

So it's down to Merrimack or UVM for next week depending on tonight's Merrimack/UNH game. At least they avoid UNH this year

Now the question, who do people prefer. UVM has played well on the road and I'm sure they will remember the penalty fest games up at the Gut a few weeks back. Haven't seen Merrimack since very early in the year. They always seem to play tough in the playoffs.

Hope the tickets show up before game 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          So it's down to Merrimack or UVM for next week depending on tonight's Merrimack/UNH game. At least they avoid UNH this year

Now the question, who do people prefer. UVM has played well on the road and I'm sure they will remember the penalty fest games up at the Gut a few weeks back. Haven't seen Merrimack since very early in the year. They always seem to play tough in the playoffs.

Hope the tickets show up before game 1.
          Doesn't matter

1. Providence has to play their game
          2. The games are at Schneider
          3. Providence needs to win 2 games against whomever they play
          4 no opponent is going to is going to lay down and die (see UMass and Maine)
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Leaman to UMass? Bigger school that can pay much more than PC. They targeted the Quinnipiac coach last time with a different AD. He has to get a look with his success.

I think a Big Ten job is a bigger threat though.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Leaman to UMass? Bigger school that can pay much more than PC. They targeted the Quinnipiac coach last time with a different AD. He has to get a look with his success.

I can't see Leaman going to another team in the conference.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

Not a chance in hell he goes anywhere. Sorry for your Wildcats but PC is going to have Leaman for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Not a chance in hell he goes anywhere. Sorry for your Wildcats but PC is going to have Leaman for years to come.
                  Once you win, people will start coming hard after you. PC doesn't have the financial backing that the Big Ten or NHL does and that will be where he ends up. Wait and see!
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Once you win, people will start coming hard after you. PC doesn't have the financial backing that the Big Ten or NHL does and that will be where he ends up. Wait and see!
                    The only way he leaves is for the NHL. I wouldn't blame him either because it's the ultimate level and the pay would be more than any college gig but there is no way PC lets him leave for the Big 10 or any other college job. He's here until 2020-21 unless it's the NHL. You'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                      The only way he leaves is for the NHL. I wouldn't blame him either because it's the ultimate level and the pay would be more than any college gig but there is no way PC lets him leave for the Big 10 or any other college job. He's here until 2020-21 unless it's the NHL. You'll see.
                      Not sure if I really want to get into this since you both amended it to say he'd take an NHL job. That certainly seems to be his goal. I think it is pretty clear though it has to be for the top job, no AHL stint, no assistant job.

Not saying I'm 100% in 91's camp but with that as a goal and assuming PC does not pick another Phil Smith as their next President the stability PC offers keeps him here till the right NHL job opens up. I'm not sure i would say Big 10 as a poacher, I think if one of the elites with the pieces in place is willing to pay what they pay their present coach plus a bit of a "premium" he'd listen. However we already have the pieces coming in over the next 4 years that he is sitting pretty here to build his reputation. I certainly don't think he wants to go in and rehab another program (like UMass), he's paid his dues. Even some of the Big 10 schools would be rehab jobs.

I take Zlax's UMass post that started this was a teaser to troll once again. UMass may be larger but in the college athletic world it is lower on the pecking order. When Welsh was fired one of the guys PC was hot for was UMass' Travis Ford before he took the Ok State job. 6 years ago Timmy made more than Micheletto made this year

That said Hokey is pointing toward Ricky as the guy. While I am not sure what he makes at Union you figure with an extension since original deal and if he learned from Leaman a demand for a premium raise might put him out of their reach. UMass fired not only Micheletto but the woman Bb coach so they are eating 2 contracts. It also seems like it is a shot across the bow of the 2 important teams that those coaches better get in gear ot their butts will be bouncing down the Mass Pike. As far as Ricky goes how hot is he now. Has had things reversing since Leaman's guys had to be replaced. Truthfully if I was looking for a coach I think I would take David before Ricky. David after the season started righted the UConn ship and has improved Cross from a 22 loss season he took over. Timmy may not have been right about much but he was right David is a better recruiter then Ricky. As far as Ricky goes got to think the 4 daughters are close to being out of high school so that stability might not hold him back. The chance to recruit with scholarships might be a lure and explain the downturn at Union. A long term contract say 6 years takes him to his mid 50's. might position him well. The returning home I think would be minimal. If you count his 4 years at PC he's been away 30 years from central Mass

If they go the experienced route I would go after the Robert Morris coach. If they want the hot assistant I'd look at Benny with his hand in both the Union and PC championships even if he was gone when they happened.
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

when's the last time a head coach jumped from one program in a conference to another one? Tim Whitehead?
                        Last edited by PcFriars13; 03-07-2016, 10:01 PM.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          when's the last time a head coach jumped from one program in a conference to another one? Tim Whitehead?
                          I believe Whiehead was not re upped and was brought to Maine as a hedge for Walsh's illness. I'm pretty sure the only coach who left on his own from one team to other is Bruce Crowder and I think he was in a contract dispute with Lowell also
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

You are correct.....Lowell wanted him at a cheap price and he left
                            Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            I believe Whiehead was not re upped and was brought to Maine as a hedge for Walsh's illness. I'm pretty sure the only coach who left on his own from one team to other is Bruce Crowder and I think he was in a contract dispute with Lowell also

Comment

so the chances of Leaman going to UMass are basically....none.

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                                so the chances of Leaman going to UMass are basically....none.
                                None??? I would say that is an over estimation. Kellogg makes less than a million as bb coach and Whipple I believe is under 400k. They have to have a budget and a salary structure and getting a top flight coach would knock it out of kilter.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X