Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    They should beat Maine consistently especially where that program is at. The UNH loss was another crap team that BC and Notre Dame swept this season and going to be the reason PC needs a miracle to win the Hockey East Regular Season title. PC should be losing to the scrubs in this conference unless the goalie stands on his head. They need 8 points vs UConn and UMass while ND is going to be a war.
    And that terrible Mingoia with only one goal tonight..geesh

XLax reminds me of some of the bball posters...all negative win or lose....pathetic

Comment

A win by one goal or a win by five goals is still a win.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

We're one point behind UML. We're 3 points behind BC and ND. It's not likely that PC wins Hockey East but it's not impossible either.
        On the flip side, dropping random games to UCONN and UMASS is totally something we'd do.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          We're one point behind UML. We're 3 points behind BC and ND. It's not likely that PC wins Hockey East but it's not impossible either.
          On the flip side, dropping random games to UCONN and UMASS is totally something we'd do.
          Yep lost 3 of 8 points last year
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            A win by one goal or a win by five goals is still a win.
            Not if you are Wildcatman. He judges per his expectations. Maybe why we didn't hear from him in the Army era---no expectations except to have a moral victory or 2.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Congratulations on weekend sweep of Maine. The Friars have "owned" Maine the last couple of years. 4090 fans turned out to see the national champions. Providence displayed good defensive positioning and very good puck control. Good goal tending to go along with some skilled players. Perhaps not quite as deep as last year, but should still compete for a Hockey East title and beyond. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Congratulations on weekend sweep of Maine. The Friars have "owned" Maine the last couple of years. 4090 fans turned out to see the national champions. Providence displayed good defensive positioning and very good puck control. Good goal tending to go along with some skilled players. Perhaps not quite as deep as last year, but should still compete for a Hockey East title and beyond. Good luck the rest of the way.
                Maine sure had some great chances with a few breakaways that Ellis stoned them on.

I thought Rugeirro played well in both games after not seeing much action this year. He definitely likes to carry the puck up the ice. He's also go good size.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  Maine sure had some great chances with a few breakaways that Ellis stoned them on.

I thought Rugeirro played well in both games after not seeing much action this year. He definitely likes to carry the puck up the ice. He's also go good size.
                  Most of Maine's forwards have "hands of stone". They can't shoot the puck with any accuracy or control it on their stick. They score occasionally, but it's a huge effort. They are at the bottom in division 1 hockey (or nearly so), in goals scored per game. Also very slow in getting to loose pucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                    Walman, turnover machine
                    Watch your mouth. He's my favorite. You can have an opinion about anyone else but him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Borek's recruiting slacked off at unh...if you check out the results lately but he had some great talent early. So we will see if it was unh admissions (unh fans LIKE ME think this) that affected the drop off in talent
                      Fixed your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

You can't question Leaman by saying that! Don't you know he won a national championship last year. We should all kiss the ground he walks on.

I am with you on Ruggeiro. The kid can play both offensively and is solid on defense. It is interesting that Desharnis was playing over him when they were both healthy. I can't think of the last time PC had a kid from the NTDP plus this one has been on the bench. I play him over Florentino and Monk without a question.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          They have two games in hand on Lowell so they should pass them.

They are actually four points behind BC since they lose the tiebreaker.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Xlax is an interesting character. You guys seem to hate him but he also likes taking shots at the opponent. There are no good teams in his world!

Comment

91 I missed you, welcome back !!!! Exlax has a tough life, its hard to be perfect all the time, go easy on him !!!

Comment

On to UCONN. I don't expect we'll win 10-1 this year. They have some dangerous players and they excell at winning or tying after being outshot heavily (aka, the Icebus.) We need to very good to come out of this with 3-4 points or else I see a repeat of the UNH weekend.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X