Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    For anyone that wasn't there, Jake got injured early in the third and was holding his shoulder or hand while going straight to the dressing room. It looked to me like a broken wrist but we will see if he even goes to the Canada camp as this injury looked enough to keep him out for a month.
    Happened right in front of me - I thought it was his shoulder - dislocation or separation. I have seen him take 5-6 really good shots on a similar play during the year so far. He's gotta learn to hold up and hold that guy off that's bearing down on him like that - one of the only things I have noticed he doesn't do very well. Good thing they are off for a while other than the Brown game cause that would be a tough loss for them on the blue line for sure

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
      I'm having trouble remembering who was in net last year......Ellis has been unreal all year
      I think my theory last year that it was the team defense carrying the team looks to be true.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I think my theory last year that it was the team defense carrying the team looks to be true.
        I think my theory that you're a self-aggrandizing putz looks to be true.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Walman out until after Christmas, apparently.

Thankful it's just Brown and two tournament games. Also thankful there's plenty of time to rest and recover.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            Walman out until after Christmas, apparently.

Thankful it's just Brown and two tournament games. Also thankful there's plenty of time to rest and recover.
            Good news , didn't look good Saturday night. He wasn't going to be playing in the Brown game and maybe the 2 games in FL anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
              Good news , didn't look good Saturday night. He wasn't going to be playing in the Brown game and maybe the 2 games in FL anyways.
              As Divver mentioned after Christmas is vague, could be Dec 26, or Say Jan 15 (and my take any day is possible Feb 1 for instance). If we get him back by 4th game after break we are ahead as he could have missed those 3 games also. let's hope our luck holds.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

So he's probably out for the FL tourney and iffy for the big weekend against BC to restart HE action...UGH! Going to need one of the frosh to step in. Will Ruggerio see the light and get some action. I don't think the big guy is ready for a speedy BC team...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                  So he's probably out for the FL tourney and iffy for the big weekend against BC to restart HE action...UGH! Going to need one of the frosh to step in. Will Ruggerio see the light and get some action. I don't think the big guy is ready for a speedy BC team...
                  Anyone know the reason Ruggerio hasn't seen the ice for a regular season game? Would think he could play over Monk

Comment

[Anyone know the reason Ruggerio hasn't seen the ice for a regular season game? Would think he could play over Monk[/QUOTE]

Steve has played in three games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                      [Anyone know the reason Ruggerio hasn't seen the ice for a regular season game? Would think he could play over Monk

Steve has played in three games this year.[/QUOTE]

Played the first two against Miami and then the second Colgate game. Still would think an alum of the USA Hockey program would be in the lineup 75 percent or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Steve has played in three games this year.

Played the first two against Miami and then the second Colgate game. Still would think an alum of the USA Hockey program would be in the lineup 75 percent or more.
                        First I have been told based on how he has practiced he is clearly the 8th defenseman.

Second last week on Mike McMahon Merrimack's podcast Leaman alluded to the fact our 2 true freshman have had more trouble adjusting to the things as opposed to the older kids in answer to McMahon's question on the Big 10's proposal.

Third it is said the hardest position to adapt to in college hockey is defense. Remember Matt Tairmina and Kevin Hart. Even freshman Matt Libby. Difference now we have options so there is no automatic slotting into the starting lineup

That said at this point with OOC games and Walman out this might be his time to prove he belongs. Would also guess with us going OOC in next 4 games Hawkey gets a shot or two
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

This week's podcast with defenseman Kyle McKenzie and Brown radio guy Mike Rubin

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/1-fri...wn-on-thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            First I have been told based on how he has practiced he is clearly the 8th defenseman.

Second last week on Mike McMahon Merrimack's podcast Leaman alluded to the fact our 2 true freshman have had more trouble adjusting to the things as opposed to the older kids in answer to McMahon's question on the Big 10's proposal.

Third it is said the hardest position to adapt to in college hockey is defense. Remember Matt Tairmina and Kevin Hart. Even freshman Matt Libby. Difference now we have options so there is no automatic slotting into the starting lineup

That said at this point with OOC games and Walman out this might be his time to prove he belongs. Would also guess with us going OOC in next 4 games Hawkey gets a shot or two

Best move is for Hawkey to start vs Brown as they will not likely be a postseason team.

Comment

I was driving by PC a couple weeks ago and saw that what used to be the parking lot outside of Schneider is being turned into an athletic field. Where are you supposed to park now? If I'm coming from the East Side tonight, would it be easier to just take an Uber than to deal with all that?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                I was driving by PC a couple weeks ago and saw that what used to be the parking lot outside of Schneider is being turned into an athletic field. Where are you supposed to park now? If I'm coming from the East Side tonight, would it be easier to just take an Uber than to deal with all that?
                                They built a new garage. Go brought Huxley gate go further into campus to get to it
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X