Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
    As successful as the Friars have been so far, that #1 ranking is nice but quite meaningless. Though undefeated the Friars do not have a "W" over a ranked opponent.
    While your point is well taken, it is technically incorrect. PC beat Miami (OH) on 10/9 when Miami was then ranked # 11.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_cliff View Post
      While your point is well taken, it is technically incorrect. PC beat Miami (OH) on 10/9 when Miami was then ranked # 11.
      PC hasn't beaten a currently ranked team as Miami (OH) has been off to a bad start at 5-7-2 and only 2-5-1 in the NCHC
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Just grabbed four tickets for a family trip up with my adult children. Any good places to eat within walking distance of the parking lot. Not sure how far Federal Hill is from the rink, but I most likely will have to pay back my wife with a decent Italian meal.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Just grabbed four tickets for a family trip up with my adult children. Any good places to eat within walking distance of the parking lot. Not sure how far Federal Hill is from the rink, but I most likely will have to pay back my wife with a decent Italian meal.
          Go to Federal Hill...not much around campus for food options. Providence is a terribly underrated food city
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Los Andes 903 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI 02908 is AMAZING!!! Close to campus and the food and atmosphere is top notch.
            Federal Hill is overrated. Some great spots over but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Too many overhyped restaurants up there that get recommended because it's "the Hill". Try Los Andes, you can thank me later.

Also Carrie's 1035 Douglas Ave, Providence, RI 02904 has great food without traveling far from campus. Just down the street from the rink basically. Great Italian food and sea food.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              Los Andes 903 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI 02908 is AMAZING!!! Close to campus and the food and atmosphere is top notch.
              Federal Hill is overrated. Some great spots over but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Too many overhyped restaurants up there that get recommended because it's "the Hill". Try Los Andes, you

Also Carrie's 1035 Douglas Ave, Providence, RI 02904 has great food without traveling far from campus. Just down the street from the rink basically. Great Italian food and sea food.

Hope that helps.
              Thanks for the info, will report back.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Well this year I can say I am thankful that I was able to watch the Friars win a national championship. I am thankful Nate Leaman isnthe Friars coach. I am thankful the team is off to an amazing start in search of its next championship.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  Well this year I can say I am thankful that I was able to watch the Friars win a national championship. I am thankful Nate Leaman isnthe Friars coach. I am thankful the team is off to an amazing start in search of its next championship.
                  Much to be thankful for as a Friar hockey fan....

Comment

happy thanksgiving guys!
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Thanks for the info, will report back.
                      Bob and Timmy's is great. The parking sucks, but the pizza is phenomenal.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        Much to be thankful for as a Friar hockey fan....
                        Everything. The 180 this program has done under Leaman is crazy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          happy thanksgiving guys!
                          Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a great day! I hope you all had a wonderful time with family, friends or just relaxing by yourselves if that was your choice.

Comment

And tonight's game is sold out. If anyone has 2 tickets...

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Looks like 500 people are there. Anyone watching the web stream? It is lousy for me tonight. Buffering like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Same sell out for all the games I have seen......maybe a half filled building even with the $10 tickets

Comment

Working...
                                X