Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    The new Hockey East penalty is called ducking. I did not agree with that call.
    at least it's consistent. players and fans embracing the title of SMT v.2
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Disappointing weekend not because of the 2 ties but the way they came about.....poor power play, can't score with a 5x3 and unable to hold a 2 goal lead......lots of work needed to repeat and I am sure Nate is fully aware of it......Ellis has been great and can only get better with some help out front......Go Friars

Comment

• Originally posted by satking View Post
        Disappointing weekend not because of the 2 ties but the way they came about.....poor power play, can't score with a 5x3 and unable to hold a 2 goal lead......lots of work needed to repeat and I am sure Nate is fully aware of it......Ellis has been great and can only get better with some help out front......Go Friars
        Ellis was good 5 out of six periods this weekend. I think he has to have at least two out of the three BU goals yesterday in the third period.

I would start Hawkey at Northeastern since he won't have a chance to play again until maybe the Brown game(s).
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The real issue this weekend is the play of the seniors on this squad. Rooney has been useless this season with poor defensive zone turnovers and had a chance to put that game away yesterday in addition.

Jankowski was another one that failed to put the game away on that 2 on 1 in OT. He was also terrible on draws all weekend as that Swede from BU dominated him including the game tying goal on Friday night.

Mingola started off well and has slacked off lately and Gilmour has to be injured with how bad he has been.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            The real issue this weekend is the play of the seniors on this squad. Rooney has been useless this season with poor defensive zone turnovers and had a chance to put that game away yesterday in addition.

Jankowski was another one that failed to put the game away on that 2 on 1 in OT. He was also terrible on draws all weekend as that Swede from BU dominated him including the game tying goal on Friday night.

Mingola started off well and has slacked off lately and Gilmour has to be injured with how bad he has been.
            Pretty much agree with that assessment. Rankings prediction for next week: 3rd or 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
              Pretty much agree with that assessment. Rankings prediction for next week: 3rd or 4th.
              Btw, under Leaman the Seniors have been the biggest disappointment every season.

Comment

I agree. No problem accepting a 2 point weekend, expected that result. But all three ties feel like losses. The Friars blew 3rd period leads in all three and were outplayed in the final period in these games. No way do they deserve the number one ranking at this point.

Comment

Number 1 in the country, undefeated after Gillues leaves. No natl champ hangover, sounds like fans might be getting slightly spoiled
                  Sounds like half full to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Number 1 in the country, undefeated after Gillues leaves. No natl champ hangover, sounds like fans might be getting slightly spoiled
                    If you aren't trying to get better every game, you are doing it wrong. This is a flawed team with minimal scoring. If Holy Cross had gotten semi decent division 1 goaltending that night, the Crusaders would have made that game very interesting, Ohio State almost stole a game in Providence with a late rally. The lack of killer instinct with this team early has to be worrisome,

Comment

Not really Dad they allowed the ties by poor play at the end of both games, its not like BU earned them PC handed them to them with poor play on a 5x3 and other PP chances in game 1 then horrid faceoffs and missed point blank shots in 2, so there is no hangover just disappointment over poor team play in the 3rd periods of both games and the seniors taking them off

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

Comment

I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet, guys. We've only had three games where we've scored fewer than three goals.

I did not expect the team to be playing at this level after losing Jon and Noel. Let's take a step back and appreciate what we have.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet, guys. We've only had three games where we've scored fewer than three goals.

I did not expect the team to be playing at this level after losing Jon and Noel. Let's take a step back and appreciate what we have.
                          As I was saying last year, it wasn't all Jon in goal as it was a team defensive system forcing outside shots. BU outshot PC 40-33 on Friday night but PC had the much better scoring chances.

Comment

Not really Dad they allowed the ties by poor play at the end of both games, its not like BU earned them PC handed them to them with poor play on a 5x3 and other PP chances in game 1 then horrid faceoffs and missed point blank shots in 2, so there is no hangover just disappointment over poor team play in the 3rd periods of both games and the seniors taking them off
                            I agree, BUT
                            New goalie, freshmen playing a good amount up front, after a natl champ run, new leadership, new D coach and the team is still undefeated and was ranked number one in country. If as everyone puts it, 9 million flawes, just think how good they could be in March.....
                            Could of should of would if. Holy Cross and Ohio Stare had their chance, they didn't, next
                            90% full

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              I agree, BUT
                              New goalie, freshmen playing a good amount up front, after a natl champ run, new leadership, new D coach and the team is still undefeated and was ranked number one in country. If as everyone puts it, 9 million flawes, just think how good they could be in March.....
                              Could of should of would if. Holy Cross and Ohio Stare had their chance, they didn't, next
                              90% full
                              Still number 1 BTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Still number 1 BTW
                                You're really invested in the polls, aren't you?
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X