Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - Another journey begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-15 - Another journey begins...

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
    Oh yeah, the D is so "elite". Outside of Clifton, it does not matter who they play. Get sick of hearing how players are only "practice" players. Absurd coaching, pigeon hole kids. The kid is 6' 6" and could play a 5-6 spot every night. Get real.
    Hilbrich is what he is...a preferred walk-on for the team. They have 3 freshman Dmen already better than him in Priskie, Shiplo and Daniel Fritz. With Clifton, Toews, Barron, Smith, Sherbinin and McKernan they are all set at defense. Every one of those players are ahead of Hilbrich at the defense position. Just because you are 6'6 doesn't mean you should play.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Guess it is time that I start talking to you cool (bob)cats again. Been a little out of touch lately with my Metsies still playing, but boy does it feel good to be watching this team on the ice again.

Haven't gotten an opportunity to really watch a full game yet this year, but that will change this weekend! I hope to make it up to Hamden in time Friday to catch most of the game, but will be there for sure on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing this Aldworth kid in person.

This weekend should be fun. Hope to see everyone at the Bank! Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
        Guess it is time that I start talking to you cool (bob)cats again. Been a little out of touch lately with my Metsies still playing, but boy does it feel good to be watching this team on the ice again.

Haven't gotten an opportunity to really watch a full game yet this year, but that will change this weekend! I hope to make it up to Hamden in time Friday to catch most of the game, but will be there for sure on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing this Aldworth kid in person.

This weekend should be fun. Hope to see everyone at the Bank! Go Bobcats!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGZqDzb__bw

HEYO!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
          Guess it is time that I start talking to you cool (bob)cats again.
          Don't feel obligated...

Been a little out of touch lately
          Lately?

with my Metsies still playing
          Our Mets...

boy does it feel good to be watching this team on the ice again
          It does.

Haven't gotten an opportunity to really watch a full game yet this year, but that will change this weekend! I hope to make it up to Hamden in time Friday to catch most of the game, but will be there for sure on Saturday.
          Are you bringing sandwiches?

Is the crew gonna be doing pregame libations at the favorite watering hole Saturday?
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

These are going to be a really tough 3 games. If Q comes out with 2 out of 3 we will be in great shape in the polls. SCSU has 3 shutouts so far this season, could be a scary series!
            "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
            - Elon Musk

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this series. I still don't know what to make of this SCSU squad and want to see them take on a good team on the road. Did they just take advantage of a suddenly poor Mankato team or are they actually improved? I'm leaning towards the latter. I was really impressed with the depth of the team this past weekend and seeing a goalie with three straight shutouts is remarkable.

Comment

Eagle - You know where to find us. Timing is the only question but my guess is we will be there nice and early to beat the crowd.

Let's not forget the Black Bears are in town tomorrow. Watch out for Byron and in my opinion, Vesey. He was terrific in the neutral zone a couple of weeks ago. Too bad JST isn't around to burn them with another late goal. I'm intetested to see who Maine starts tomorrow - I'd guess it will be the freshman since Morris played Saturday night. Don't sleep on this team, this year. I haven't been able to say that in a long time.

Comment

Man, I wish I was on the East Coast for this weekend.
                  "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
                  - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
                    Eagle - You know where to find us. Timing is the only question but my guess is we will be there nice and early to beat the crowd.
                    I figured that! You have my number... send me a text if/when you have a definitive time and I'll try to join y'all.

Let's not forget the Black Bears are in town tomorrow. Watch out for Byron and in my opinion, Vesey. He was terrific in the neutral zone a couple of weeks ago. Too bad JST isn't around to burn them with another late goal. I'm intetested to see who Maine starts tomorrow - I'd guess it will be the freshman since Morris played Saturday night. Don't sleep on this team, this year. I haven't been able to say that in a long time.
                    I hope that they won't fall asleep on anyone this year. Even without JST I think we have plenty of offensive weapons to get the job done.

The next 3 games are huge and will likely have a huge impact on the overall season. With St. Cloud coming in at #10 on alumni weekend it should create some additional buzz and motivation in the locker room. Need to handle the Black Bears first though... Should be a fun week.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Can't take anything for granted tonight and look past Maine with a big series looming this weekend. Maine has a hot goalie; we have a hot offense. Should make for a fun game.

Go Q!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble with the live stream?
                        - Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
                          Is anyone else having trouble with the live stream?
                          Won't load for me, whole QU website is very slow for some reason.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            Won't load for me, whole QU website is very slow for some reason.
                            Ok. I thought my work server all of a sudden blocked the streaming. Sounds like it's getting really chippy.
                            - Elon Musk

Comment

Stream was tough for me up here for most of the game.

I know McGovern got run into the other night at Union so it looks like he is still nursing something. I can't see any other reason not to play that kid. WOW what a game tonight. Just a complete effort from start to finish. They didn't need to do much in the 3rd, but I'm glad they took over early.

That Maine team looked 100% different than two weeks ago. Byron, Vesey and everyone else was dead quiet tonight. I didn't even hear Swavley's name mentioned. On to SCSU!!! I'm off Friday, so I'll be heading down as early as I can. See Ya'll at the bank!

Comment

I can't wait to re-watch this game because it sounded like they skated really well tonight, I just want to see it for myself.
                                - Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                                X