PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebreaker

Pages : 1 2 [3]

all bear
10-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Well since UND is still winning conference championships and people wanted Hakstol fired for not winning a national championship, no, the same probably can't be said about UND fan's expectations.

But we don't play in the weak sisters league.

Dirty
10-12-2015, 09:49 AM
But we don't play in the weak sisters league.

So it's Hockey East's fault that Maine fans don't expect their team to be any good? Either way, that really has nothing to do with UND fans expectations for their team.

willythekid
10-12-2015, 10:02 AM
I don't know who NoDak owed a favor to for them having to play this little podunk tourney... seriously, 2015 and no webcast? Jeebus maine. There is no doubt who was the best team on the ice this weekend... North Dakota didn't play well but they still had more than double the SOG and it took Stetcher's keystone cop play for maine to score. Had North Dakota not had to play against the refs and had maine's goalie not completely stood on his head it would have been a blow out. At least the best team won the tournament.

all bear
10-12-2015, 10:36 AM
So it's Hockey East's fault that Maine fans don't expect their team to be any good? Either way, that really has nothing to do with UND fans expectations for their team.

Oh I wouldn't say that Dirt. Actually Mainuhs have high expectations every year... But we're still in rebuild mode post Whitehead and heading in the right direction. My point being as opposed to whatever league it is you play in out west, back here in HE where champions are regularly crowned it is actually difficult to win league titles

all bear
10-12-2015, 10:50 AM
I don't know who NoDak owed a favor to for them having to play this little podunk tourney... seriously, 2015 and no webcast? Jeebus maine. There is no doubt who was the best team on the ice this weekend... North Dakota didn't play well but they still had more than double the SOG and it took Stetcher's keystone cop play for maine to score. Had North Dakota not had to play against the refs and had maine's goalie not completely stood on his head it would have been a blow out. At least the best team won the tournament.
You should be proud . You managed to tie the preseason 10 team from HE (then lose the shootout) and beat a really really rebuilding Lake State team. Do like UHN and hang a banner :D. I love woofing nodaks

maineiac
10-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Well since UND is still winning conference championships and people wanted Hakstol fired for not winning a national championship, no, the same probably can't be said about UND fan's expectations.

Conference championships are just a way for losers to feel good about themselves. No better than 57 other teams. There is only one REAL champion, and they currently hail from that "State of Hockey"......RHODE ISLAND?????
You're going on 16 years (17 for us) without winning THAT championship. We managed to do it without having rosters full of NHL draft picks. What's your excuse?
And oh by the way, Maine fans wanted Whitehead fired for not winning a national championship. Seems like the two programs are a mirror image of each other.....minus the multitude of draft picks!

Dirty
10-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Sure, it could be argued that at one time Maine was mirror image of UND back when their fans actually expected national championships. Now that their fans are celebrating a shootout victory like it's the Queen of England's Golden Jubilee, not so much.
I didn't realize having four (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0005822000.html) was considered a roster full of NHL draft picks. Especially given the 1998-99 Maine team had seven (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0005611999.html).

all bear
10-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Dam media tellin us that nodaks carrying 11 or 12 high draft pucks....chit ten me who are we to believe? With all those knuckled daggers playin you shud really hang that banner. It can say "fighting Sue, 2015 icebreaker winners"

ticapnews
10-12-2015, 02:25 PM
It's a real shame a fanbase and team as classy as North Dakota is represented in such a classless manner. It's like walking into a rose garden and stepping in a pile of dogs hit.

SJHovey
10-12-2015, 03:33 PM
It's a real shame a fanbase and team as classy as North Dakota is represented in such a classless manner. It's like walking into a rose garden and stepping in a pile of dogs hit.
What's the old saying about the views of the author are his alone, and not representative of the institution? :) Our fanbase certainly has a number of posters here who like to poke the bear, (to use a bad turn in this instance). But I also know of many UND fans who traveled to Maine for past games and spoke of the trip as one of their favorites.

Dirty
10-12-2015, 04:02 PM
I would like to apologize for using facts in this thread and thus angering some Maine fans.

all bear
10-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Angry? I think most are chuckling . Like this... Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

In other news I see nodaks tieing then losing a shootout catapults or friends onto top of the pile . AgAin amusing :)

ticapnews
10-12-2015, 04:35 PM
What's the old saying about the views of the author are his alone, and not representative of the institution? :) Our fanbase certainly has a number of posters here who like to poke the bear, (to use a bad turn in this instance). But I also know of many UND fans who traveled to Maine for past games and spoke of the trip as one of their favorites.

I'm well aware he isn't reflective of your fans as a whole. Every fanbase has someone like him.

walrus
10-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Dirty is a keyboard warrior, as long as he is in his moms basement he has lots to say.

Dirty
10-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately my mom moved about 10 years ago and no longer has a basement. Twas a bit disappointing but I have adapted.