PDA

View Full Version : Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebreaker

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Pirateasaur
10-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I hope MSU wins. They are the good guys after all .

amherstblackbear
10-09-2015, 11:21 AM
$75k for tournament rights, $15k each to 3 teams, thousands more in hotel expenses, and they didn't bring down the webcasting camera? Pennywise & pound foolish.

Anyway, it's almost gametime in drizzly Portland. Hoping for a good weekend!

all bear
10-09-2015, 11:31 AM
$75k for tournament rights, $15k each to 3 teams, thousands more in hotel expenses, and they didn't bring down the webcasting camera? Pennywise & pound foolish.

Anyway, it's almost gametime in drizzly Portland. Hoping for a good weekend!
Abb where the hell u been man ? Good to hear your voice of reason again. Go big blue

ticapnews
10-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Recaps for both games are posted. Official attendance was 5007.

walrus
10-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Too many penalties, Michigan State must have taken lessons from Greg louganis. Maine looked good at times. Liked what I saw from Robbins and Gibson.Morris lost his stick twice but he was pretty good other than that.

UND is going to be a tough challenge

Dirty
10-10-2015, 06:53 AM
Other than Cam Johnson obviously having some Mainuh Moonshine in his water bottle to begin yesterday's game, the games went just as I predicted, one good team and three crap teams. I can only assume I'll be just as successful in my prediction about today's games. The game between the two crap teams will bore six of the twelve people in attendance to death. After the second period, they'll just cancel the game. In the game between the one super duper awesome team and the other crap team UND will score at least five and Maine will be lucky to score one as Cam will be completely sober.

all bear
10-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Maine should try playing this game with all 5 guys on the ice. It might be easier. Probably only need 4 to send Sue home crying, as opposed to 3 against Ms. Sparty.

ticapnews
10-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Other than Cam Johnson obviously having some Mainuh Moonshine in his water bottle to begin yesterday's game, the games went just as I predicted, one good team and three crap teams. I can only assume I'll be just as successful in my prediction about today's games. The game between the two crap teams will bore six of the twelve people in attendance to death. After the second period, they'll just cancel the game. In the game between the one super duper awesome team and the other crap team UND will score at least five and Maine will be lucky to score one as Cam will be completely sober.

*cough*

Dirty
10-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Oh noes the game ended in a 1-1 tie. Whatever will I do?

The freshman goaltender was the first, second and third star of the game as he's the reason Maine got the tie.

SiouxFanatic
10-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Game ended in a tie but still pretty disappointing. Just from listening on the radio, sounded like UND dominated Maine in scoring opportunities. Just couldn't translate those many golden chances into more goals. They need to find that finishing touch. Gotta give some of that credit to the Maine goalie though.

The Gersich, Schmaltz, and Boeser line is going to be absolutely lethal when their chemistry is fully clicking.

I feel bad for Stecher, if not for his gaffe, could've been a 1-0 win.

ticapnews
10-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Oh noes the game ended in a 1-1 tie. Whatever will I do?

I don't know. Have some of the Mainuh Moonshine and try to figure out how that crap team beat the super duper awesome team in a shootout?

Dirty
10-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Pretty sure we've already covered how that happened. UND dominated the game but McGovern's great play allowed Maine to steal a tie. Speaking of Mainuh Moonshine, how much of it did Black Bear fans in the arena have? At the end of they game they sounded awfully excited for having their team finish in the bottom half of the tournament.

ticapnews
10-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure we've already covered how that happened. UND dominated the game but McGovern's great play allowed Maine to steal a tie. Speaking of Mainuh Moonshine, how much of it did Black Bear fans in the arena have? At the end of they game they sounded awfully excited for having their team finish in the bottom half of the tournament.
They had just seen their crap team beat a super duper awesome team. No one gave a damm about the tournament format.

walrus
10-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Game ended in a tie but still pretty disappointing. Just from listening on the radio, sounded like UND dominated Maine in scoring opportunities. Just couldn't translate those many golden chances into more goals. They need to find that finishing touch. Gotta give some of that credit to the Maine goalie though.

The Gersich, Schmaltz, and Boeser line is going to be absolutely lethal when their chemistry is fully clicking.

I feel bad for Stecher, if not for his gaffe, could've been a 1-0 win.

I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be ok come spring. UND looked good to me, missed a few chances but Maine did a pretty good job in front of the goalie. UND looked fast and did great cycling the puck.

Dirty
10-11-2015, 10:56 AM
They had just seen their crap team beat a super duper awesome team. No one gave a damm about the tournament format.

How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships. Now they evidently consider a tie to be a win.

amherstblackbear
10-11-2015, 01:10 PM
How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships. Now they evidently consider a tie to be a win.

Welcome to six years ago?

ticapnews
10-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm sure if North Dakota hosted a tournament and won in a shootout the fans would shower the ice with garbage because the team officially only tied.

Dirty
10-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Correct. Or at least empty beer cups.

maineiac
10-12-2015, 12:47 AM
How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships.

I guess the same can be said about.....whatever they are calling themselves these days. That team north of South Dakota? What's it going on.....16 years? Spending a little bit too much time and energy on silly nicknames I guess.

Dirty
10-12-2015, 06:15 AM
I guess the same can be said about.....whatever they are calling themselves these days. That team north of South Dakota? What's it going on.....16 years? Spending a little bit too much time and energy on silly nicknames I guess.

Well since UND is still winning conference championships and people wanted Hakstol fired for not winning a national championship, no, the same probably can't be said about UND fan's expectations.