PDA

View Full Version : Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Chuck Murray
11-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Oh, and apparently the UNH fans think we have the best glass in Hockey East.

Not quite - I think that's a self-inflicted wound, courtesy of one of your own ...

Haven't been to conte yet this year, but love me some nice clear glass. It really makes a difference IMO.

But in all honesty I don't know what there's not to like.

-They don't necessarily need more seats, there's nothing worse than going to a game at the Mullins with 82 people in attendance.
-They upgraded all the benches to seats
-Concessions have improved somewhat
-Good sightlines
-Crystal clear glass (seriously, it's without a doubt the best glass in the league)

Just for the record. :)

Dutchman
11-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Welcome
Thanks !!!

RENCEB
11-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Sigh, yet another tie. Already 12 ties in league play.
Was that apparent Babcock goal waved off because it didn't cross the line completely? Ref certainly appeared emphatic when he made the call on the ice.

Yuppie Scum
11-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Sadly must miss the game today. Shame. I wish there were more afternoon tilts. Here's hoping we can keep the perfect OOC streak going!

RENCEB
11-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Sadly must miss the game today. Shame. I wish there were more afternoon tilts. Here's hoping we can keep the perfect OOC streak going! Um, doesn't look like you missed much.
No Seney today? Any input on that?
Big series coming up with the defending National Champ Friars.

RENCEB
12-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Back in the 2011-2012 season, the then #1 in the nation Warriors went down to Schneider and lost to the Friars in OT, 2-1. Would LOVE to see that reversed Friday when #1 PC comes to Lawler. Can MC deal PC their 1st loss of the season?

The Zlax45
12-03-2015, 12:55 AM
Back in the 2011-2012 season, the then #1 in the nation Warriors went down to Schneider and lost to the Friars in OT, 2-1. Would LOVE to see that reversed Friday when #1 PC comes to Lawler. Can MC deal PC their 1st loss of the season?

MC lost the next night 6-1 at home too

Yuppie Scum
12-03-2015, 08:50 AM

I think I am going to cop out here and predict a home and home split. We catch them off Friday, and then lose a hard fought game down at the Schneider. Looking forward to seeing both games.

RENCEB
12-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Disappointing. Tough without Seney.
How can a team be 2 for 40 (worst in the country) on the powerplay? That's absurd. Hey coach, need to try something REALLY different because the current approach sure isn't working.

Yuppie Scum
12-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Well, the Schneider looks great after the renovations, but the Dunks at the Lawler is far superior.

Hokydad
12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
The trap game for PC was Friday, after they got past that Saturday was as expected

RENCEB
12-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Big game tonight down in CT if Warriors have any intentions of at least staying middle of the pack (pragmatic expectations....they're NOT going to stay with the top tier teams). UConn had a terrific weekend sweep of UML, and have some offensive skill(Tage Thompson had 3 PPG's last weekend.....MC has 2 as a team all season).
Again, expect a low scoring game.
Any word on Seney?

RENCEB
12-17-2015, 10:37 AM
At the break assessment:

Positive:
* Ranked 20th in the nation. Didn't see that one coming
* Defense and Goaltending. Delia has shown he can handle the workload, and overall the D has been solid
* Early season win over BU, and 2 ties with UML
* Christie and Bahe, and I'd say Titcomb have done well, as well as Delia
* Penalty minutes are way down,

Not so positive:
* Special teams. Ugh! Worst in the nation powerplay, and penalty kill has been slipping of late. Fix this, and it will positively impact....
* Offense. An annual lament. Put up 10 combined against Clarkson and St. Lawrence, and I thought maybe, just maybe they've figured it out. No. Too many games with 0 or 1 goals. Desperately need a finisher.
* LeBlanc. 2 points in 13 games played. Expected more than this.

Thoughts?

Yuppie Scum
12-17-2015, 03:42 PM
At the break assessment:

Positive:
* Ranked 20th in the nation. Didn't see that one coming
* Defense and Goaltending. Delia has shown he can handle the workload, and overall the D has been solid
* Early season win over BU, and 2 ties with UML
* Christie and Bahe, and I'd say Titcomb have done well, as well as Delia
* Penalty minutes are way down,

Not so positive:
* Special teams. Ugh! Worst in the nation powerplay, and penalty kill has been slipping of late. Fix this, and it will positively impact....
* Offense. An annual lament. Put up 10 combined against Clarkson and St. Lawrence, and I thought maybe, just maybe they've figured it out. No. Too many games with 0 or 1 goals. Desperately need a finisher.
* LeBlanc. 2 points in 13 games played. Expected more than this.

Thoughts?

Excellent summary. Hopefully everyone will come back rested and uninjured in January. 6th place is not so bad a place to be at the half. The way I see it, other than BC and probably ND (on the road), all the rest of our series are winnable. We still have a very good shot at home ice in the first round, or at least a good matchup on the road.

Yuppie Scum
12-21-2015, 11:47 AM
It's great to finally see some signs of life on the PP. Vogler was not exactly given a trial by fire but he managed the Golden Griffins pretty well.

Not much of an extended break for the guys this winter, Army shouldn't be too bad of a game, but hopefully they can put up a decent fight against Union in Dartmouth over the new years.

WarriorDJ
12-23-2015, 11:53 PM
OK I'll bite ... can there REALLY be any "big donors" when MC is still stuck in a glorified HS hockey rink? :confused:

Players seem to like the new lounge... https://www.instagram.com/p/8jMI54LwQW/

And the new locker room... https://www.instagram.com/p/8jMkD8LwQ9/

RENCEB
01-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Despite all the "Bon Mots" about Army from coach Dennehy, that is a bad loss.
Very interesting to see the winning goal scored by Trevor Fidler. Those of us that have followed Boston area hockey for a long time recognize that last name. Son of former Matignon and BU star Mark, and nephew of former Malden Catholic and BU star Mike, AND Malden Catholic star Joe who went onto BC then NU. Charlestown has certainly sent a lot of native sons to become outstanding college hockey players!

warriors16
01-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Was at the Army game and certainly was not a good outing. The first goal Army scored was either one of the luckiest or greatest goals I've ever seen.

Seney is back in tonight which is great news but any word on D'elia?

Yuppie Scum
01-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Was at the Army game and certainly was not a good outing. The first goal Army scored was either one of the luckiest or greatest goals I've ever seen.

Seney is back in tonight which is great news but any word on D'elia?

Concussion it sounds like, but he'll be back soon. Maybe even tonight. Vogler doesn't look quite ready yet. First goal very soft.

RENCEB
01-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Reading through the score update thread, seems like MC had more than enough chances (breakaways, defensive zone turnovers by Cornell, 2 on 1's) but they continue to make every opposing goalie look like Ryan Miller. Honestly, is there any offensive skill on this team?
Defense seems to have played well, Big Red with only 20 shots for the game and a bagel in the 3rd absent the empty net goal. Let's hope that Delia can shake off the rust from missing a few games and steal a game for them like Ras could (if only they could score a goal or 2).