• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

tough place to get a W

Comment

I do not know if last might made me happy or more frustrated? Why can't they play like that all the time????
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Well THAT was entertaining. Beautiful pass by Wood and tip by Cangelosi on the 1st goal, and terrific cycle by MC on Christie's goal. R. Fitzgerald with 2 snipes and a goal for Casey Fitz (nice to see fellow Malden Catholic alum doing well....even if it is for BC!). 2 really nice goals by Foget for the Warriors (quick release both times). Good for Lashyn to get the tying goal...thought he played pretty well. Foolish penalty by Wzxyormoski (or something like that) to give BC a 5 minute pp. Vogler was a bit suspect (BC went up high for 4 goals), but all in all did okay. Carle got banged up, but that was a good, clean "finish the play" check by Tuch.
        Scored 8 goals on the weekend against one of the best goalies in the country. Hope they can continue finding the back of the net up at Alfond.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

If you told me that Demko would have let up 5 goals all weekend, I would have been skeptical. Kudos to the guys for capitalizing. Some of the best offensive cycles I've seen all year, setting up behind the net and testing Demko glove side.

Now the Warriors have shown they can play up to an opponent like BC. I just hope that they will take an inferior team like Maine seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
            Carle got banged up, but that was a good, clean "finish the play" check by Tuch.
            Pretty basic finishing check by Tuch.... looked like it was a shoulder injury. Seamless glass probably didn't help the situation.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
              Gave up 6 goals on 25 shots? That's pathetic. Look, We all recognize that BC is one of if not the best team in the country, but giving up a shortie, a penalty shot goal, and a goal on every 4th shot is not going to beat ANYBODY.
              You guys can still beat maine
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Thoughts on the upcoming series with the Black Bears? Their offense is the only one in Hockey East even more "offensive" than MC's (two 0-0 ties is not out of the question)
                You're not going to see me refer to Maine as an inferior team even though they are obviously struggling. Let's see if the Warriors can grab a couple points this weekend.

Comment

Thoughts on the upcoming series with the Black Bears? Their offense is the only one in Hockey East even more "offensive" than MC's (two 0-0 ties is not out of the question)
                  You're not going to see me refer to Maine as an inferior team even though they are obviously struggling. Let's see if the Warriors can grab a couple points this weekend.
                  Haven't heard much on Maine yet this season other than taking schadenfreude in their early-season struggles. The Alfond is always a difficult place to play. I'd be pretty satisfied with a split, but I could see MC getting blown out too if they get into a hole early on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    Haven't heard much on Maine yet this season other than taking schadenfreude in their early-season struggles. The Alfond is always a difficult place to play. I'd be pretty satisfied with a split, but I could see MC getting blown out too if they get into a hole early on Friday night.
                    Maine has scored only one goal in 17 games this year. Obviously, that puts them at the bottom of division 1 hockey in goals scored. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't find a way to sweep. Seniors will be honored on Saturday night and the game will be televised on Fox College Sports according to Maine's web site.
                    Last edited by Runsub5; 02-17-2016, 04:46 PM. Reason: added info.

Comment

I'm expecting a split, but I think Merrimack needs more than that. At least if anyone is still hoping for home ice.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        I'm expecting a split, but I think Merrimack needs more than that. At least if anyone is still hoping for home ice.
                        I'm just glad the Minutemen have pretty much locked up the 12 seed, sending them to whichever of the top five teams doesn't get the bye. We have a much more realistic shot at upsetting one of the other mid pack teams, similar to last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                          I'm just glad the Minutemen have pretty much locked up the 12 seed, sending them to whichever of the top five teams doesn't get the bye. We have a much more realistic shot at upsetting one of the other mid pack teams, similar to last year.
                          Definitely agree there. I didn't expect that Northeastern sweep last year. Hoping for something similar this week. Saturday is on TV.
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Fan Fest with cash bar next Friday night, nice!

Comment

Anytime you can get a win at Alfond, that's a good win (even with Maine's struggles this year). 11 goals in the last 2 games is positive. Seney (1G 1A), Hampus G. (1G 1A) and Foget (2A) with multiple point games. Hate to see that they took 2 penalties late in the 2nd and gave up 2 pp goals to let the Black Bears back in the game; gotta be smarter than that. 1st round home is still within reach (7th or 8th....NU is on a role right now, not catching them)
                              Goaltending still worries me.

Comment

Anytime you can get a win at Alfond, that's a good win (even with Maine's struggles this year). 11 goals in the last 2 games is positive. Seney (1G 1A), Hampus G. (1G 1A) and Foget (2A) with multiple point games. Hate to see that they took 2 penalties late in the 2nd and gave up 2 pp goals to let the Black Bears back in the game; gotta be smarter than that. 1st round home is still within reach (7th or 8th....NU is on a role right now, not catching them)
                                Goaltending still worries me.
                                Yep, I don't know if we can expect a shootout with any of the bye teams.. But it's good to see the scoring back finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X