Colgate and Starr's last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    In other news -- Kyle Baun and Chris Wagner have both made the opening night rosters for the Blackhawks and Ducks, respectively.
    Baun and Colgate have been mentioned a couple of times by Pierre McGuire during tonight's opening game between Black Hawks and Rangers.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Re: Colgate and Starr's last season

Kyle got 12 shifts and over 9 minutes on the ice - pretty good for his first game in the NHL and right out of college. Still....wish he had stayed in Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Kyle got 12 shifts and over 9 minutes on the ice - pretty good for his first game in the NHL and right out of college. Still....wish he had stayed in Hamilton
        Kyle made his NHL debut last spring and played in Chicago's final three regular season games.

Comment

Friday, November 27th at 4pm...we may get to see Kyle vs. Chris....Go 'gate!

Comment

It's game-day again, we head to Boston to face what should be a solid Hockey East opponent. NE will be definitely looking for some revenge after we shutout them out at Starr last year over two games. I don't want to say we need this game as it is only our third game but it certainly would be nice to get this one on the road after sunday. A tie would also not hurt us but if we get trounced by a lot of goals it could be a scary season for our defense. Also, I believe NE has a free stream if people are looking to watch it.

Comment

I will be watching putting a microscope on our frosh !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm guessing a loss or tie eventually will hurt us in the PWR.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                  ...I believe NE has a free stream if people are looking to watch it.
                  NU (not NE) does indeed have a free HD stream: http://portal.stretchinternet.com/no...ern/?mode=link

Enjoy! (up to a point)
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Oh, snap! I just realized we're playing in Boston tonight! I'll be at the game. It's so nice to get my first look at this team so early in the season.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Your Mr.Finn has lost nothing off his game. The kid was enormous tonight. See you in Belfast.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

NU "stream" was horrible....thanks 'GateRadio for another great call...Finn kept us in it...it is going to be a long season...lots of highs and lots of lows.....

Comment

The stream was ok but typical homer announcers, the norm for college productions . The game was hard to watch, we had no sustained offense, Gate was outshot badly but not too many quality chances by NU. Finn played very well or the score easily was worse.

We did have two breakaways(no goals) two pipes, and a good goal called off in the third that would have put us up 2-1. The ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle as we scored. Tough to watch.

The announcers didn't tell you who had the puck most of the time in our own zone and I couldn't make out the numbers so I still can't comment on our young defensemen. I do know the puck was in our end too long too many times. We were sloppy.

I guess this is what we can expect with our growing pains, it's going to be tough for awhile.

Comment

Thank goodness for the bye week. Maybe we can straighten out a few things before the RIT and Providence games. The frosh will benefit the most from practice, practice, practice.....

Going against Providence 1-4 or 2-3 won't do much for our confidence. Hopefully we get two Ws vs RIT.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              We did have two breakaways(no goals) two pipes, and a good goal called off in the second that would have put us up 2-1. The ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle as we scored. Tough to watch.
                              Fixed your post Shabby. The goal that was waived off was on the power play too. Borkowski took a shot from in between the face-off circles, Roy made the save, then Murphy was there to "pickpocket" the puck from his pads and bury it into the net. But the ref called the play dead almost immediately after Roy made the save. Grrrr.

So we score 7 goals in a game but lose, then only allow 2 goals the next game but also lose. I hate when this happens, because you get this feeling that you have to play a "perfect game" in order to win. But this was a good early season test for us, even if we ended up on the short end of the ouctome. NU had a large student turnout (it was their season opener), and most of them were behind Finn for the 1st and 3rd periods. The place was loud and I almost felt like I was at Lynah for a bit Matthews Arena is a great place to watch hockey. When I walked into the building, I felt like I was walking into a hotel lobby!

Anyways, we're on to RIT. Don't like having an in-season bye week but maybe it'll help us regroup a bit.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Rainman, what can you tell us about our frosh defensemen and Racine our forward ?

Comment

Working...
                                X