Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate and Starr's last season

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
    Well, this season hasn't been great, I'm just hoping that we can get two more playoff games in the barn. The last few weeks they have played well and I think could beat anyone but just seem to be snake bitten
    Agreed. ELEVEN of our 18 losses have been games decided by 1 goal (or 2 goals with the winning team scoring a late empty-netter). The last time we lost "decisively" was on Dec. 30 when we lost 4-1 to Vermont. We are 4-11-2 in "close" games, and the law of averages implies that over time, a team's record in close games evens out to about .500. This was on full display in the 2010-11 season, even when we turned it around in February of that year, almost all of our wins were close ones, even the four playoff wins at RPI and Union that year.

However, that season we had 14 healthy forwards in the latter part of the season, so we could roll four forward lines. This year, we've been only able to roll three forward lines. Because of this, I'm not entirely confident that we can turn this around. But I don't want the Spinks + Borkowski to go out like this, given the on-ice success they've had.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Many posters in this week's pick 'em thread are picking us to lose to Princeton - a team in full rebuilding mode. Have we gotten THAT bad?
      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
        Many posters in this week's pick 'em thread are picking us to lose to Princeton - a team in full rebuilding mode. Have we gotten THAT bad?
        Perhaps it's the Brown rule...

Comment

To top it all off, since Nov 14 to Feb 12, almost three months we've had four home games, almost three months. I'm afraid Starr has three games left in it, very depressing. Please get the scheduling better, I know it's tough but geesh.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            To top it all off, since Nov 14 to Feb 12, almost three months we've had four home games, almost three months. I'm afraid Starr has three games left in it, very depressing. Please get the scheduling better, I know it's tough but geesh.
            'Gate Radio mentioned a few weeks ago during the Harvard game that next season we will have 15 or 16 home games. That equates to 4-5 non-conference home games.
            Colgate '09

Comment

I have a feeling that most of the teams unless they were locked into coming here this year made their plans to come to Hamilton after the new rink was built, that's what I would do if I was making a schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                I hope some of those posters picked us to beat Q-Pac.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                  I have a feeling that most of the teams unless they were locked into coming here this year made their plans to come to Hamilton after the new rink was built, that's what I would do if I was making a schedule
                  I sure hope so, makes sense.

Comment

Congrats to the boys on a well deserved, come-from-behind win tonight!! So happy for them!! Congratulations, too, to Adam Dauda on his first collegiate goal!!! The first of many, for sure! GO 'GATE!!!!!

Comment

Nice to see your team pick up a win. They have a lot of skill, and they don't know how to quit.

Comment

Dauda is a spark that we sorely needed and a sign of good things to come after the Spinks are gone.
                        Video recap of (Princeton) goals. Don't know why they can't be a bit classier (?) and show them all...and on the same clip would be nice! Guess they're not geeky enough down there.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=210691434

Cannot WAIT for Colton Point to get here and I'll leave it at that. Our list looking better than it has in decades.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1188435063
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Woo-hoo! We're not dead yet!

However, our penalty kill has been a futile 60% in our past 5 games. We NEED to stay out of the penalty box.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Great comeback win. QU will be up for tonight's game after the 2-2 tie with Cornell. Hopefully that game took some of the starch out of the Bobcats (...but I doubt it). This is our David and Goliath moment to knock off #1.

Comment

According to a posting on the new Gate "voy" board, our record at Starr is 466-270-46 as of January 16th. That's a home winning percentage of a frog hair short of 60% - pretty good on our home ice I would say. Let's get over the 60% mark with wins in our last three home games.

Comment

Last night's game was a perfect microcosm of our season. In the game, run a little short. Tied 2-2, down 3-2 in third, hit the crossbar and the puck drops down on the goal line, leaning against the post, no goal. Players raising sticks, replay booth no goal, woulda tied it.

Powerplay won the game for Q-Pac, 3 for 7, including TWO five on three's, we only gave up one goal on the two man down deficits which I thought was tremendous. The game was 3-2 halfway thru the third and we were outshooting them in the third, it was a much closer game than the final score score indicated. All moot points I guess. Just feel bad for the seniors who are playing their hearts out.

Three games left in the history of Starr, all tough games as we are all but locked up in the 9-12 range.

Comment

Working...
                                X