Colgate and Starr's last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate and Starr's last season

Dauda has good size and had 29G in 50 games last year, 37 points in 25 games this year for Cumberland. A center, hopefully can fit in with the Spinks. He looks like the real deal!
    Last edited by sshablak; 12-29-2015, 11:40 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I am assuming he is going to suit up today, it will be interesting to see which line he is on

Comment

You guys AGAIN??? I think I'll be having some Colgate withdrawals in late February, since I've become so accustomed to watching you play Brown (seemingly) every other weekend!

Comment

It's time for retribution after the loss to Bruno in Ireland.

Great news about Dauda. Thought he was going to be out for the year with his medical issues. Hopefully he fits in with the Spinks immediately. His stats sound good and his size will be a great bonus. Let's get ready for some hockey!
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

A free webcast of the Colgate/Brown game is available -

http://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/un...M&stm_yr=14-15

Comment

something needs to change....I am sorry, 7 goals (6 if you exclude the empty net) is just disturbing. Other than taking Finn out I don't know what you do, but Vaughn has indicated that he won't do it

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                something needs to change....I am sorry, 7 goals (6 if you exclude the empty net) is just disturbing. Other than taking Finn out I don't know what you do, but Vaughn has indicated that he won't do it
                I agree 100%. Finn just doesn't have it this season, what is Vaughn waiting for? Please give Racine a chance. 7 is way too many games allowing five or more goals. Finn is not in the uscho stats of top 50 goalies this season, not surprisingly. How many more signs does he need?

Comment

Such a promising start...such a bummer of an ending. I believe our 1st and 5th goals were of the wraparound variety, by Tyson. Don't see that very often. Amid the horrible score/loss one bright light was our 3rd goal which featured some NHL caliber passing and nice shot from the slot. That's about as positive a thought as I can offer.

As to the change of goalies, I'll let the rest of you posters fight it out.

Anyone have trouble with the reception? Maybe it was the first winter snowfall but my screen kept freezing and alternating action with "shadowy" skaters moving around the rink.

Comment

Okay, TWICE this season we score 5 goals and LOSE??? Maybe the problem isn't injuries and depth. It hurts even more when you have a 2-0 lead less than 10 minutes into the game.

I'll be driving up to Burlington tomorrow. Maybe my presence will fix things.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Have never had confidence in Finn, but it takes a team. And other than not covering Lappin, which is ridiculous and a reason for Colgate to bury its head in the sand, it looks like the team did its part. Unfortunately, we still have another year of Finn. Forgive me for writing off this unmemorable season, which I had essentially done back in October. Hard to swallow after being in the ECAC tournament 4 of the last 5 years, albeit no hardware to show for it. I'm as loyal as they come but Rainman, you take the cake. Safe travels to the Gut. At least there's football to reflect on.

New Colgate sports forum if anyone is unaware and interested:

http://colgatesports.myfastforum.org/
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        I'll be driving up to Burlington tomorrow. Maybe my presence will fix things.
                        Change of plans. "Winter" has decided to make a return, so I won't be traveling up to Burlington. It's too bad, because given this year's schedule, I was hoping to see the team play in all six New England states. I will be watching online tonight.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Combination of two things, the defensemen hang Finn out to dry, and Finn let's in a long soft goal every game. We have one good line, Spink,Spink, and whoever plays with them. They were tremendous last night, one of them had four points.

Our second line is doing nothing, Borokowski was minus three last night, I watched Murphy just wave his stick at the puck carrier all night. What happened to Murphy and Borokowski, they're not doing anything ?

How can Finn be so good for two years statistically and play so poorly this year? I just don't get it. Is he hurt and we don't know about it ? Something is going on ?

The Vt feed was atrocious last night, my feed was ten minutes slower than the actual game, also there was no announcers, but you could hear the game going on. After I finally got it to real time in the third period it started showing other Vermont sports and the game went off.

Our defense better get playing or we aren't going to win ten games this year.
                          Last edited by sshablak; 12-30-2015, 11:12 AM.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            The Vt feed was atrocious last night, my feed was ten minutes slower than the actual game, also there was no announcers, but you could hear the game going on. After I finally got it to real time in the third period it started showing other Vermont sports and the game went off.
                            Agree about the feed. Wasn't that the cat's meow? I don't think I've ever watched a game with no announcers and probably 10 people in the building. The loudest noise was the puck going off the boards. My feed kept going back 10 seconds and then would jump forward 20 seconds.....geez.

Maybe we'll luck out and have announcers tonight since VT is playing. I guess this is the least of our worries. I agree about the team; what's happened to them? Is it still a case of Finn's girlfriend?

Comment

I think tonight is the tipping point for me. I will always show up and support the team but it is getting harder and harder to get really excited about they way they are playing. Win tonight and the team can drag me along (with hope of a great 2nd half) until they get back to Starr. Lose tonight and it just gets depressing.

Comment

We just aren't good. Sorry to say. I'm done! Good luck to the boys the rest of the season! Too tough to watch. Too proud of a Red Raider alum to watch this. Will be back to watch my last game at Starr on 2-27, but that's it! Have to finish my first game in Starr in Oct, 1989 with my last in Feb, 2016.
                                Go 'gate!

Comment

Working...
                                X