Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate and Starr's last season

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    Meanwhile, Cornell scores 1 goal on the weekend and earns 3 points ... AGAIN!? I believe this is the 3rd time this has happened since 2008-09.
    Only the 2nd.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Only the 2nd.
      It's happened 3 times now, with 3 different goalies:
      -November 7-8, 2008 (1-0 win at Princeton, 0-0 tie at Q, Ben Scrivens in goal)
      http://collegehockeystats.net/0809/schedules/corm

-December 2-3, 2011 (1-0 win vs. St. Lawrence, 0-0 tie vs. Clarkson, Andy Iles in goal)
      http://collegehockeystats.net/1112/schedules/corm

-November 20-21, 2015 (0-0 tie at Yale, 1-0 win at Brown, Mitch Gillam in goal)
      http://collegehockeystats.net/1516/schedules/corm
      Colgate '09

Comment

In case anyone would like to chime in on anything, I created a thread for the tournament this coming weekend.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...l-Northeastern
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Friday's game is an 11 AM start if you live in the Eastern time zone. Also, the game will be televised on NESN throughout New England.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I think Finn is playing hurt or has a girlfriend, or both!!! Something just isn't right.
            Hopefully she doesn't demoralize him saying he has bad hands...

Comment

Friday's game is also on Time Warner in CNY, hope Saturday's too. Wonder who will carry the football game, prob ESPN3 and we'll have to stream it ?

Awesome for Gate having Friday and Saturday on tv.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Hopefully she doesn't demoralize him saying he has bad hands...
                She could say something worse!

Comment

This team reminds me of the 2000-01 team... they have the talent but are just not scoring enough

Comment

Finn has not been as great as the past but I do not put the blame on him this weekend as I did against Cornell. Against Yale we were out-shot 41-20, a miracle that he only let 3 in. Hayden's goal was from point blank, he really had no chance and the other two looked like he was screened or it was tipped in. The bigger problem that no one has addressed is PENALTIES! We can not take 8 penalties against a team as good as Yale and honestly hope we will have any chance of winning. Seriously that is 16 minutes out of 60 that we are playing with only 4 guys. Vaughn needs to address that going into the game. Yale's PP is weak right now, as they could have very well put a few more goals in during all those opportunities. Against a goalie as good as Lyon you need to have as many opportunities as possible, playing 25% of the game down a man does not help.

I did not see the Brown game but the box score shows he only allowed one goal in 32 shots. The other problem is we need more offense. 2 goals on the weekend is not enough and looking at it from that perspective we were lucky to get a point this weekend. We have Brown again Friday in Ireland for an ECAC game don't forget so hopefully we can get two points there even if we get beat by UML the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Wonder who will carry the football game, prob ESPN3 and we'll have to stream it ?
                      Saturday's football game is on ESPN3. Online stream only.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

There is a Friendship Four blog on the Colgate men's hockey website. They have safely arrived in Belfast. GO 'GATE!!

Comment

I went to the Colgate Women's game today vs. Mercyhurst. I haven't been to a women's game in a long time and I was IMPRESSED!!! They are fast and talented!! They beat Mercyhurst today, giving their goalie a shutout.. 3-0. GO GATE!!

Comment

If anyone else is going to the games this weekend, I'm flying over to Belfast tomorrow morning on my incredibly short flight. Less than 30 minutes in the air maybe?

I'll need to make the suggestion that Colgate should schedule all of its games in equally convenient locations for me...

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our posters here! Looking forward to watching the game tomorrow and the football game Saturday.

Comment

Just a reminder, the game tomorrow is at 11 am on timewarner, some places say 4 PM. Also, the consolation is on Saturday at 11 am and the Championship game is being shown at 2 PM on channel 324 time warner in CNY.

Comment

Working...
                                X