Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Hey, there is a guy named Joe Snively who plays for Ylae; what are the chances of that?

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2015/10/...classic-title/

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Hey, there is a guy named Joe Snively who plays for Ylae; what are the chances of that?
      Yea... he's a hack!
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        True ... and hope not, ditto. Femur fractures usually take some doing, involving substantial force/trauma. Not an everyday occurrence to sat the least ... and to happen spontaneously like in Kelly's situation, even less so.
        I will say this; son number two broke his femur with a twisting motion like Kelly. He was five, I think, and my wife and I got him his first bike (with training wheels!) for Easter. Off we went for a ride along with son number one and son number three and daughter number one (daughter number two not on the scene yet!). Anyway, he went up a driveway with a slight incline, got to the top and started to roll backwards and panicked. He twisted sideways, went down in a heap writhing in pain. Broken femur and a long recovery!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Interesting, a Salmon Arm player (Hutchinson) had this fracture last season. Jump into a shift, nothing weird, skated 2 strides and dropped. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            You're generally spot on, though even PWR is a bit meaningless at this point because it's so early and not enough "cross-pollination" has happened. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, they didn't even publish PWR, IIRC, until after the break in past years. We flagellated wildly this weekend, 27th to 16th, playing just one game! Those swings don't happen later In the year when more comparatives are in the mix.

Right now, all we should be focused on are the two numbers at the top of the board when each game ends! ��
            UNH now 15th in PWR, and we picked up a lone point in the USCHO poll on Monday. Merrimack at 10th in PWR, with no change after their big 5-1 win over Bentley last night at the JAR. But, the game was much closer, 1-1, except for about 10 minutes at the beginning of the third period. Nevertheless, UNH will need to play at least 50 strong minutes on the 28th and should not take Bentley too lightly; the Falcons are not the AIC Yellow Jackets. Probably too early to begin a UNH-Bentley game thread.

Comment

UNH now 15th in PWR, and we picked up a lone point in the USCHO poll on Monday. Merrimack at 10th in PWR, with no change after their big 5-1 win over Bentley last night at the JAR. But, the game was much closer, 1-1, except for about 10 minutes at the beginning of the third period. Nevertheless, UNH will need to play at least 50 strong minutes on the 28th and should not take Bentley too lightly; the Falcons are not the AIC Yellow Jackets. Probably too early to begin a UNH-Bentley game thread.
              Spoken like someone who has been waiting for this to happen for almost 20 years. Killing me, man!

Care to elaborate at this time where your rooting interests will lie for that one, Snively65??

(signed) Chuck Murray
              Self-appointed WIS President for Life
              Bentley Class of '83 ... but all in with the 'Cats
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                I will say this; son number two broke his femur with a twisting motion like Kelly. He was five, I think, and my wife and I got him his first bike (with training wheels!) for Easter. Off we went for a ride along with son number one and son number three and daughter number one (daughter number two not on the scene yet!). Anyway, he went up a driveway with a slight incline, got to the top and started to roll backwards and panicked. He twisted sideways, went down in a heap writhing in pain. Broken femur and a long recovery!
                Yes indeed. In fairness, in addition to the other issues AND a possibility of it just being a downright fluke ... vitamin deficiency is another potential cause. Or in the case of my 8 year old cousin, who back in the day had his femur broken at a family outing ... a likely drunken 20 year old fellow cousin (former BU football player - yes, THAT long ago) falling on top of him while chasing a pop fly in a pickup softball game will do it every time, too.

Back on topic ... any indications prior to the trip to Lansing of anyone in the UNH camp being left behind?

Comment

Yes indeed. In fairness, in addition to the other issues AND a possibility of it just being a downright fluke ... vitamin deficiency is another potential cause. Or in the case of my 8 year old cousin, who back in the day had his femur broken at a family outing ... a likely drunken 20 year old fellow cousin (former BU football player - yes, THAT long ago) falling on top of him while chasing a pop fly in a pickup softball game will do it every time, too.

Back on topic ... any indications prior to the trip to Lansing of anyone in the UNH camp being left behind?
                  Well, in the case of my son, it was neither steroids or a vitamin deficiency. Just a fluke accident I guess. My guess is Kelly got his skate caught in a rut while he was twisting! It is odd that it was not the result of any contact but these things happen.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Spoken like someone who has been waiting for this to happen for almost 20 years. Killing me, man!

Care to elaborate at this time where your rooting interests will lie for that one, Snively65??

(signed) Chuck Murray
                    Oh, the agony man!!! Snively65 we are NOT going to be able to LIVE with you in the UNLIKELY event the Falcons beat the 'Cats!!!!! oops, this is the MSU game day thread, my bad! . Groans this isn't the MSU board see how it goes??? Losing it haha can't handle two boards!!!😜

Chuck, know something we don't, about someone/or multiple someones not making the trip to Lansing? (or are ya asking)
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-06-2015, 04:09 PM.
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

UNH GAME DAY>>>> oh the excitement is building out in Lansing, MI as the 'Cats arrived there yesterday. Munn arena will be a buzz with the 'Cats and the Spartans battling it out. Tweets from players seem pretty optimistic as they look to swwweeepppp those Spartys!. Meanwhile, on the home front, we eagerly await the line up, searching for 'sprizes not unlike last weekend.

It will have to be the Dan Parkhurst show, Pete staying home to teach PE as his beloved York High School (whom I found out is an alumni of the high school I teach, WHO KNEW???? small world) tonight and a seat at local watering hole with Direct TV for Sat's match, hoping to find the game. You?

Go 'Catttssss!!!!
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-06-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Joel Farabee switched from UNH to BU

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                          Joel Farabee switched from UNH to BU
                          yep..we heard. Some how it's gratifying he didn't go to PC... or UConn ...somehow. Movin' on...wishing him well on his path.

Comment

(signed) Chuck Murray
                            I will be attending this one incognito; ha, ha.

But, a match up between Bentley and UNH in 2013-2014 would have been a great game, I think, from the goal on out.

Branden Komm vs CDS in net
                            Steve Weinstein and Matt Blomquist vs Eric Knodel, Justin Agosta, and TRV on the blue line
                            Brett Gensler vs Kevin Goumas centering respective first lines
                            Alex Grieve and Brett Switzer vs Nick Sorkin and Matt Willows filling out the first lines
                            Andrew Gladiuk and Max French vs Grayson Downing adding line depth

Blomquist, Gladiuk, and French still playing, with first two averaging 1.00 points per game, and French averaging 2.33 points per game (only three games)

Comment

Grieve, French & Downing were all teammates with the Westside Warriors in the BCHL...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

I will be attending this one incognito; ha, ha.

But, a match up between Bentley and UNH in 2013-2014 would have been a great game, I think, from the goal on out.

Branden Komm vs CDS in net
                                Steve Weinstein and Matt Blomquist vs Eric Knodel, Justin Agosta, and TRV on the blue line
                                Brett Gensler vs Kevin Goumas centering respective first lines
                                Alex Grieve and Brett Switzer vs Nick Sorkin and Matt Willows filling out the first lines
                                Andrew Gladiuk and Max French vs Grayson Downing adding line depth

Blomquist, Gladiuk, and French still playing, with first two averaging 1.00 points per game, and French averaging 2.33 points per game (only three games)
                                You should be keeping your powder dry until it's time to start ... and that won't be for a few weeks more.

God almighty, can we play this game now? Poor Snively65 ain't gonna make it to game day ...

Comment

Working...
                                X