Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    In other news Brett Pesce scores his first pro goal (and gets an assist) today....
    First TvR, and now Pesce!

Bring on the Skating Saints. And, yes they are coming to the Whitt, we are not traveling to Messina.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Happy Columbus day or Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! ..an article about Brian McCloskey and his new coaching gig:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...XnO/story.html
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part One) - Return of the "Champions of December"??

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Happy Columbus day or Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! ..an article about Brian McCloskey and his new coaching gig:

That's a great article on Coach McCloskey ... a truly good guy who got caught in a tough spot, and who deserved better. I've just edited out the rest of my paragraph, as I'm taking his lead, moving on, and letting bygones be bygones. I'm pleased to see Coach Umile is still part of his regular circle, which reflects well on both gentlemen.

Did anyone else read the FDD front pager on the *problem* with sellouts at Cowell Stadium this season?

http://www.fosters.com/article/20151...oreUserAgent=1

Only in the Kingdom of Blue Skies can a sellout ever be considered a problem ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          That's a great article on Coach McCloskey ... a truly good guy who got caught in a tough spot, and who deserved better. I've just edited out the rest of my paragraph, as I'm taking his lead, moving on, and letting bygones be bygones. I'm pleased to see Coach Umile is still part of his regular circle, which reflects well on both gentlemen.

Did anyone else read the FDD front pager on the *problem* with sellouts at Cowell Stadium this season?

Only in the Kingdom of Blue Skies can a sellout ever be considered a problem ...
          Thanks for the article links, HR and Chuck; I would have missed both.

To save me looking stuff up with dying iPhone battery, what are the capacities of Cowell Stadum East, the old west bleachers, and the new Cowell West?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Thanks for the article links, HR and Chuck; I would have missed both.

To save me looking stuff up with dying iPhone battery, what are the capacities of Cowell Stadum East, the old west bleachers, and the new Cowell West?
            The new West Stadium will have 5,200 seats. The box score for the Homecoming game shows attendance of 16,713 which obviously is a typo with the (1) inadvertently added(I had trouble getting a ticket for the Homecoming game but managed to get in so you can add one to that total!).

The total capacity with the new West Stadium and the old Cowell is supposed to be around 12,000 I believe.
            Last edited by e.cat; 10-12-2015, 04:33 PM.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              It's a Belichickian reference. You can catch some of his best on myface and snapface! Maybe even twitterface
              Yes it was.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

In what world is being 5,000-6,000 seats shy of capacity not a problem? Even assuming that we're only 3000 short of capacity, we're talking $19/ticket (minimum price, GA), which translates into around $60K in lost revenue and more than a few PO'ed fans. It's an unfortunate outcome of changing the wings while the plane is in flight. It is a problem... I hope the construction wraps on time, and that the team plays to a level that guarantees heavy attendance in the coming years. This year looks a little rough, after big losses to graduation.
                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

You forgot to wish us a happy Our Lady of Apericida/Child's Day down here!

Great article - like Umile says, it's a shame that SECONDS of behavior has such an impact on a long career, but that's our world these days. Great that he's landed on his feet, with the obvious support of many references/colleagues.
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                    In what world is being 5,000-6,000 seats shy of capacity not a problem? Even assuming that we're only 3000 short of capacity, we're talking $19/ticket (minimum price, GA), which translates into around $60K in lost revenue and more than a few PO'ed fans. It's an unfortunate outcome of changing the wings while the plane is in flight. It is a problem... I hope the construction wraps on time, and that the team plays to a level that guarantees heavy attendance in the coming years. This year looks a little rough, after big losses to graduation.
                    Goldrich out with a high ankle sprain doesn't help matters either.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      The box score for the Homecoming game shows attendance of 16,713 which obviously is a typo with the (1) inadvertently added .
                      Not necessarily. In the recent past, UNH had sold about twice as many tickets for homecoming as Cowell officially held, knowing that many are coming just to tailgate (a game ticket being necessary to get onto Boulder to tailgate).
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

I like the play of Dawson. He had a nice game against AIC. It will be interesting to see if Quast returns to the line up against SLU and/or Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          Not necessarily. In the recent past, UNH had sold about twice as many tickets for homecoming as Cowell officially held, knowing that many are coming just to tailgate (a game ticket being necessary to get onto Boulder to tailgate).
                          Well the stadium was full and Boulder too so okay I'll buy that possibility. Pretty good turn out under the circumstances if that's the case. I will say that I am still skeptical that the number is correct though. I realize past homecoming games exceeded capacity but even still 16,713 seems quite high.
                          Last edited by e.cat; 10-13-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            I like the play of Dawson. He had a nice game against AIC. It will be interesting to see if Quast returns to the line up against SLU and/or Clarkson.
                            Friday will be interesting defensively with the 2 - 0 - 0 19th ranked Saints cruising into town.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              Friday will be interesting defensively with the 2 - 0 - 0 19th ranked Saints cruising into town.
                              Ya. This game will reveal more to us about the Cats than the AIC game for sure.

Comment

Read it and weep naysayers, SOG MATTERS!

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...d_thoughts.php

Comment

Working...
                                X