LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Bill Crawford was very complimentary of a lot of the incoming freshman, on Coaches Corner yesterday. He is very positive about this years team, coach Whitten and the shape they are in. One in particular I thought played really well yesterday was defenceman Owen Headrick, who had a nice assist on one of the goals.

Head coach Damon Whitten agrees http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com/nojhl...ick/#more-7869
    Last edited by LakerBaker; 10-04-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
      Anyone check out yesterday's blue-gold game? Caught Bill Crawford on the radio yesterday morning and he seemed to be quite high on a number of freshmen and stated that the team was in the best shape he's seen in quite some time. Looking forward to watching an improving Laker team and a successful season.

I worked yesterday but I caught the game for free on stretch. Nellis, Torrel sp?, Headrick looked pretty good as far as the freshmen go.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Anyone check out yesterday's blue-gold game? Caught Bill Crawford on the radio yesterday morning and he seemed to be quite high on a number of freshmen and stated that the team was in the best shape he's seen in quite some time. Looking forward to watching an improving Laker team and a successful season.
        As far as the freshmen go, Torrel stood out to me. Kossoff didn't look too bad either. With so many players not wearing their standard uniforms, though, it was difficult to keep track on who was whom.
        Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Headrick and Torrel looked really good. Having seen Kossof play against the Eagles several times. and not impress me, I thought he looked much better yesterday. I thought Loesch and Globke looked better than last year, they seemed to be more into the game. Last year they seemed lost and confused at times.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
            Luke Morgan has been a pleasant surprise so far this year.

Coming in I figured he would be a 3rd to 4th line Center and get some PK time, but he is contributing offensively. 2-2-4 in 3 games thus far. He is a +4 and has a shorthanded goal.

He is an extremely smart and fast player.

Nice get for LSSU
            How did his second goal go down last night?

Comment

Did the new WCHA hockey page get rid of the score board for all the teams across the country ? I only see WCHA teams listed on their score board.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Did the new WCHA hockey page get rid of the score board for all the teams across the country ? I only see WCHA teams listed on their score board.
                Could be. I don't use the WCHA web site all that much. For scores, I've tended to use College Hockey News Live Scoreboard.

Comment

Was hoping for a better offense.

Comment

Was hoping for a better offense.
                    Lot of new guys up front. It's going to take time for them to start gelling. Last season, we had a lot of news guys on D and in net and they did play better as the season progressed, especially the second half. Probably will be the same this season for all the new guys at forward. More disappointing for me was taking too many bad penalties. Special teams were the difference today. And the winning goal was a bad one for Kossoff to give up. I think the offense will be better this season, but I don't think we can expect it to happen right from the get go.

Comment

Lots of good things to take out of the game today. I really like the speed the Lakers showed and the intensity throughout the contest. They are light years ahead of where they were last season at this time, when coach Whitten inherited a total mess.

Be interesting to hear the Laker Hockey Show and Hockey North Show this week with head coach Damon Whitten.

Comment

We say the same thing every year . These guys are 20,21 years old and I am to believe after 17 years of playing hockey they need to be schooled on how to shoot pucks into the net. The whole purpose of the game since these guys first started playing has been to shoot pucks into the net. When the puck is brought up the ice, the final resting place you want to see of that puck is in the net. A lot of these guys have been playing hockey since they have been 4-5 years old and as it was than it is now, get the puck in the net and they don't need to be taught that after 15 years of being told that. Until I actually see offense from this team, I am just going to keep hoping that someone on the team now or coming to play later have that ability to put the puck in the net. They don't need to be taught to put the puck in the net. They have known this for years.

Comment

We say the same thing every year . These guys are 20,21 years old and I am to believe after 17 years of playing hockey they need to be schooled on how to shoot pucks into the net. The whole purpose of the game since these guys first started playing has been to shoot pucks into the net. When the puck is brought up the ice, the final resting place you want to see of that puck is in the net. A lot of these guys have been playing hockey since they have been 4-5 years old and as it was than it is now, get the puck in the net and they don't need to be taught that after 15 years of being told that. Until I actually see offense from this team, I am just going to keep hoping that someone on the team now or coming to play later have that ability to put the puck in the net. They don't need to be taught to put the puck in the net. They have known this for years.
                          It was an exhibition game. I am sure the all the Mankato fans have given up since they lost to Alberta today.

Comment

I am certainly glad these next six games coming up are non-conference. This team needs time to gel and work on special teams. I agree with everyone that Gage Torrel and Owen Headrick look really good so far. I feel bad for Kossoff as it was his first game and he gave up a bad goal in overtime. I'm hoping Damon will give him at least two starts in these six NC games coming up to prove and redeem himself.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              It was an exhibition game. I am sure the all the Mankato fans have given up since they lost to Alberta today.
                              It's not because they lost . It is a 20 year old story on how they lost. Six power plays and no goals . Almost 30 shots and one goal. You can put a pitcher in with a 100 mph fastball and if he can't get it over the plate,doesn't do the team a bit of good. You can give a team six power plays and if they can't score on any of them,they might as well be that pitcher with a 100 mph fastball.

Comment

It's not because they lost . It is a 20 year old story on how they lost. Six power plays and no goals . Almost 30 shots and one goal. You can put a pitcher in with a 100 mph fastball and if he can't get it over the plate,doesn't do the team a bit of good. You can give a team six power plays and if they can't score on any of them,they might as well be that pitcher with a 100 mph fastball.
                                We have 8 new forwards and the coaches have had very little time to work with them. It is a pretty big jump from Juniors to Div 1 hockey, talent and speed wise. Give it some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X