LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2015-16: The 50th season

What a difference a new coach can make. Seems like a hard working coaching staff that is making the players a hard working team.

Comment

Congrats Lakers! Now get greedy tomorrow night!
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        What a difference a new coach can make. Seems like a hard working coaching staff that is making the players a hard working team.

I agree there were some glimmers last season of what this team could be. Not many but some.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Big win for the Lakers. Good confidence builder; the guys know they can win on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
            Mogerfan I am right with you on that.

Dave is a real pro. When the Lakers are not playing and Northern is I like to tune in to Dave's call of the game. Just don't tell him because I like to razz him.
            Thanks Perky. The razzing is all in fun. I like the way LSSU bounced back last weekend and the way Gordie bounced back last night. If I have a WCHA dream, it's to have Tech, NMU and LSSU all in the final five. I want to see these barns packed whenever they play. I have friends who have played for all three. I have friends who have coached all three. And I respect and applaud the tradition of all three. Yooper college hockey is a great thing. Let's all work together and make these rivalries as big as they can be. And thanks Paul for joining the broadcast Saturday night.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Good job, Lakers!

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                Big win tonite for the Lake Superior State University hockey Lakers at Michigan State, the alma matter of head coach Damon Whitten. Great call by the Voice of the Lakers, Bill Crawford, who is the best in the business.

This team has vastly improved, over the mess that coach Whitten inherited a little over a year ago, and there should be little doubt or debate, now that fans are seeing the results on and off the ice. After being around Damon, I'm not the least bit surprised. He and the other coaches are rebuilding this team into a powerhouse.

Ringy dingy
                Glad to see you've come around to the Good side. Especially since it wasn't that long ago you posted this.

"Originally Posted by LakerBaker View Post
                *This coach won 8 of 36 games this season, half the total from last season.

*Out of 36 games this season, the Lakers scored one goal or less in 21 of those 36.

* The Lakers scored 2 goals or less in 27 games for the season.

*No other team had more losses in the nation that Lake Superior State.

*Power play last in the nation all year long.

*All other stats last or near last in the league and the nation.

*Attendance was as low as it has ever been for the season, with fewer fans attending games this season in recent memory.

*For his career, Mr. Witten has won 86 out of 298 games as either head or assistant coach with LSSU, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, and Wayne State (video taping doesn't count)

What I'm saying here is this guy didn't have a record of accomplishment on his resume, and certainly hasn't helped his situation or this team in one year with their record on the ice, and his constant complaining off it and in interviews. All one has to do is go to the podcasts of the Laker Hockey Show or listen to his interviews after the game, where he, at times sounds snide and certainly unprofessional complaining about officials.

Maybe everything will come together and the Lakers will have a great weekend, or maybe next year with his system and a few more recruits it will start to take shape, or maybe in a few years once he fully gets the chance.

After one regular season, I certainly have my doubts!"

Comment

I've actually put LakerBaker on ignore because I believe that the current spate of posts is not a turn of support but rather that it is satire.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    I've actually put LakerBaker on ignore because I believe that the current spate of posts is not a turn of support but rather that it is satire.
                    GFM
                    You got it, although sarcasm is probably more accurate than satire.
                    Last edited by Bill; 10-23-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I believe the Lakers won at Munn Ice Arena for the first time since 1995! Great performance by the Lakers and hopefully we can win again tonight!
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

A split on the road to EL is nothing to frown about.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          A split on the road to EL is nothing to frown write home about.
                          fyp?

Comment

What a shame it is that Alex Globke still seems to be having scoring issues after a great first year . If Globke could of kept his first year stats going this year, what a much better team the Lakers would be. Seems we thought losing Tyler Marble was going to be a loss for the Lakers but going into his third year at Colorado, Marble turns out not to be that loss we thought it was going to be as he continues to struggle in net.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              What a shame it is that Alex Globke still seems to be having scoring issues after a great first year . If Globke could of kept his first year stats going this year, what a much better team the Lakers would be. Seems we thought losing Tyler Marble was going to be a loss for the Lakers but going into his third year at Colorado, Marble turns out not to be that loss we thought it was going to be as he continues to struggle in net.
                              Globke has been out the last 3 games. Not sure if they will dress him at all this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                                Globke has been out the last 3 games. Not sure if they will dress him at all this weekend.
                                So sad to see how far Globke has fallen since his freshman year. Does he just not fit in Damon's system?
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X