X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen 4 seat locations

Priority 10

Section 109 Row R

I could have gotten seats by the glass but they seem pretty hefty and opted for the upper rows in the lower bowl.

I'm satisfied with my tickets
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Like FiveHole12, you went for the Scout's View seats. I'm sure you'll be pleased.

In the corners, Lower Bowl/High Rows should not be forgotten. The view would be very similar to the Club option.

Paging hockeyplayer1015... paging hockeyplayer1015...

Do you have any comment on the Club vs. Lower Bowl comparison for seats in the corners?
      I have not been in club level corners before, but I did take part in the USCHO suite at 2012 FF, which I believe was corner club level, more or less.

I have been in lower corners though, back for the SCF in June. I believe I was row S, and they were fine seats, IMO.

If I had to give a recommendation, I'd probably suggest anything halfway to top of lower bowl to be quite nice. There may be very minor restrictions for viewing along your near side boards, but it's hard to escape that for the most part. The gigantic video board should alleviate those issues.

For club level, I would be surprised if anything is truly bad. You're a little higher up, maybe slightly farther from the ice, but preference for viewing height should be the only big decision to make.

Edit: let me work on getting some pictures uploaded for some places I've sat. Will do my best to give section and row as well.
      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 10-16-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Ok, going to try to post a few links, if possible.

These were 128, row S from SCF.
        https://goo.gl/photos/JodSCz1f6N4JZnGs5

These were 117, Row P from round 1 Detroit/Tampa.
        https://goo.gl/photos/SNHEavL5ifD97JtK9

This was the view from suite 44 at 2012 FF. https://goo.gl/photos/qLmumvd7BmkdiCV98

And lastly, this was my view from last week. Sec 101, row H.
        https://goo.gl/photos/DYKBM4kp2WVM7tys6

I believe these links should work, and should be of at least some help. The pictures from 117 and 101 are unfortunately not of the entire ice surface, but should give an idea of height from ice.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          I have not been in club level corners before, but I did take part in the USCHO suite at 2012 FF, which I believe was corner club level, more or less..
          Mookie was in there with you and I recall us being the last on the right before they started to turn (we could see in the box on our right but not on the left).
          They weren't bad.
          I am 7 and don't pick until next Friday (but will be golfing so may not get online until Saturday)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Why didn't we get club seats Mr. Hockey Coach?

I'm actually not surprised... I am a firm believer that there is a soft middle spot in the priorities where we are well below the die-hards and our priority area had a lot of people drop due to price increases and "ridiculous" places like Tampa (false) and a football field in Detroit (true).

I'd love to see the number of people per priority and the overall tickets distributed to each priority level some day.
            I didn't want to be below the goal line...

Comment

Priority 10
              Club section 7
              Row C

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Ok, going to try to post a few links, if possible.

These were 128, row S from SCF.
                https://goo.gl/photos/JodSCz1f6N4JZnGs5

These were 117, Row P from round 1 Detroit/Tampa.
                https://goo.gl/photos/SNHEavL5ifD97JtK9

This was the view from suite 44 at 2012 FF. https://goo.gl/photos/qLmumvd7BmkdiCV98

And lastly, this was my view from last week. Sec 101, row H.
                https://goo.gl/photos/DYKBM4kp2WVM7tys6

I believe these links should work, and should be of at least some help. The pictures from 117 and 101 are unfortunately not of the entire ice surface, but should give an idea of height from ice.
                The links work, and they do help. Thanks much.

One sense I get is that the Lower Bowl is less steep than some of its NHL counterparts. Is that accurate?

Comment

The links work, and they do help. Thanks much.

One sense I get is that the Lower Bowl is less steep than some of its NHL counterparts. Is that accurate?
                  The only other lower bowl of an NHL rink that I've been in for the past several, at minimum, years is Joe Louis. Not sure that would be a good comparison

I would >guess< that Amalie is slightly less steep, but that's a complete shot from the hip.

Comment

Lots of history at The Joe. But you're right, it's anything but a state-of-the-art building.

Back during the 2012 Tampa Tournament, I sat in a Lower Bowl/Behind The Net section. In a relatively low row. My feeling at the time was that the Lower Bowl could be a little steeper. I had kind of forgotten about that impression until one of your photos reminded me.

Comment

Originally posted by fargosioux View Post
                      Priority 10. Just got tickets in Club 8 Row C.
                      Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Priority 10
                      Corner
                      211 Row C
                      Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      Priority 10
                      Section 109
                      Row R
                      Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                      Priority 10
                      Club section 7
                      Row C
                      All solid results. Buyers are still landing seats that would normally go at much higher priority levels, if the seats were available at all.

We've passed the halfway point. My reaction remains the same. Very pleased that USCHO Posters are getting better locations than usual; and in some cases much better. But more than a little concerned about overall sales. The NCAA better plan on doing some marketing to Tampa locals once the Lottery is complete.

Comment

Priority 7
                        Section 211
                        Row J
                        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Priority 7
                          Club 1 Row D

The only other year we've been able to avoid the Upper Deck was St. Paul with Club Level tickets as well.

Also our family had an earlier priority and didn't notice the mail option, the number on the thread made the change to mail very easy.

Comment

All solid results. Buyers are still landing seats that would normally go at much higher priority levels, if the seats were available at all.

We've passed the halfway point. My reaction remains the same. Very pleased that USCHO Posters are getting better locations than usual; and in some cases much better. But more than a little concerned about overall sales. The NCAA better plan on doing some marketing to Tampa locals once the Lottery is complete.
                            Yes, for every silver lining, there's a cloud, right? Last few reports are Priority 7's with getting club seats and what look like good 200's. I think we're at priority 4 now, and no reports of seats in sections 3xx.

Don't know what to make of the fact that initially there was an 8 seat max and it quickly changed to 4. Either it was pre-planned to drop the max to 4 or enough high priority folks bought 8 that the whoever decides the max (don't know if it's the NCAA or the venue) got worried. Is it possible that some people with high priorities (teens) who travel in packs found it easier to have one person buy 8 (which would mean that they feel so confident in the future that they don't see the need to buy every year)?

Don't remember how the ticket sales progressed for the last Tampa FF. Is it possible that a Tampa FF is a great novelty that will only work at intervals greater than four years? That the good, enthusiastic attendance at Tampa was the result the teams (two established teams -- Minny and BC, with BC in the middle of a great run and Tampa being convenient to the northeast -- and two up-and coming newcomers? Will be interesting to see if the tickets sell out in the lottery, and if not, how short they come.

Comment

mookie is a 7 who was away yesterday and didn't pick until this afternoon. got the last available seat in 230 (inside the blue line) row F. only take the kids if we can drive so grabbed a single since it'll be a fly'er.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                Yes, for every silver lining, there's a cloud, right? Last few reports are Priority 7's with getting club seats and what look like good 200's. I think we're at priority 4 now, and no reports of seats in sections 3xx.
                                The Level 6 Window opens tomorrow, meaning Monday 10/26. Otherwise, yes.

Don't know what to make of the fact that initially there was an 8 seat max and it quickly changed to 4. Either it was pre-planned to drop the max to 4 or enough high priority folks bought 8 that the whoever decides the max (don't know if it's the NCAA or the venue) got worried. Is it possible that some people with high priorities (teens) who travel in packs found it easier to have one person buy 8 (which would mean that they feel so confident in the future that they don't see the need to buy every year)?
                                I say pre-planned to drop to a max of 4, with the maximum number determined by priority level.

There have been no mid-stream policy changes, as far I can tell. My own situation is a case in point. As a Priority 18, my max was 8. I actually purchased 5. If I wanted, I could log again right now, as an 18, and buy three additional tickets. Obviously I'm limited to what's still on the market. But my quota didn't go down because time went by or a certain number of tickets were sold.

Don't remember how the ticket sales progressed for the last Tampa FF.
                                Good question. I'll dig out some of that info when I get a chance. My main memory is that 2012 was the last year of the old system; and that the current select-your-seat arrangement began in 2013 with Pittsburgh.

Is it possible that a Tampa FF is a great novelty that will only work at intervals greater than four years?
                                Yes. The results aren't all in yet. But I think it's highly likely this is the case. Maybe people at the lower priority levels will surprise us; but frankly I doubt it. Newbies, maybe.

That the good, enthusiastic attendance at Tampa was the result the teams (two established teams -- Minny and BC, with BC in the middle of a great run and Tampa being convenient to the northeast -- and two up-and coming newcomers?
                                I'm not at all sure that the participating schools brought lots of extra people. Remember that the pool of priority holders includes lots of MN & BC fans. They're just more noticeable when their team qualifies for the FF.

Will be interesting to see if the tickets sell out in the lottery, and if not, how short they come.
                                As things have played out so far, I believe that most of the 300s will remain unsold at the end of the lottery. If all of the tickets sell out in the lottery, I wouldn't just be surprised; I'd be shocked.

OK, the supply of Club seats is starting to run low. If interested in those, I'd log on as soon as your window opens. But two-thirds of the way through the lottery, there's still some Club seats left. That's the more remarkable result. Upcoming buyers may have to browse through multiple sections to find them. But as of tonight, they're still there. Hint: Try Section 206.

Lower bowl behind the endlines? Quite a few still available.

300 level seats at the two lower price points? Tons available. A noticeable dent at Center Ice. But even some Center Ice seats available in the highest rows.

Best of luck to all about to enter the market.
                                Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-26-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X