PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24

Pirateasaur
03-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Well, if Hollis doesn't make some sort of statement supporting Anastos, is there a timeline that we should expect moves to possibly be made? Any day now? After the tournament? Wisconsin went for it immediately but a number of dream coaching candidates are gearing up for a championship run. Would we wait until all options are open?

If this is all a waste of time then Hollis or Anastos should say so quickly. I am not cynical enough to think Hockey is that far out of the AD's mind that they would just ignore all of this.

Decatur Spartan
03-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Well, if Hollis doesn't make some sort of statement supporting Anastos, is there a timeline that we should expect moves to possibly be made? Any day now? After the tournament? Wisconsin went for it immediately but a number of dream coaching candidates are gearing up for a championship run. Would we wait until all options are open?

If this is all a waste of time then Hollis or Anastos should say so quickly. I am not cynical enough to think Hockey is that far out of the AD's mind that they would just ignore all of this.

After the banquet maybe?
Maybe the AD has learned a lesson. And will actually interview and talk with more then just the one person (tCHHCoMSU), and hire them like he did last time. But as time goes on, and no statement from the AD............I just don't know.

UMICH
03-22-2016, 03:54 AM
After they brought back their softball coach that hasn't won squat in over decade, went winless in conference several years ago and this past May ordered an assistant to intentionally hit a player in practice..........I'm not so sure he's gone.

They only care about bouncy-ball and football over there, and football is still a recent development. He's back. Although I'd love it if sparty tried to get Mel. That would be funny....

aallenpollreisz
03-22-2016, 04:22 AM
After the banquet maybe?
Maybe the AD has learned a lesson. And will actually interview and talk with more then just the one person (tCHHCoMSU), and hire them like he did last time. But as time goes on, and no statement from the AD............I just don't know.IMO, if we don't hear something today or tomorrow, we're probably not going to hear anything at all. (Which would obviously confirm he's coming back next season.)

Decatur Spartan
03-22-2016, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=aallenpollreisz;6302184]IMO, if we don't hear something today or tomorrow, we're probably not going to hear anything at all. (Which would obviously confirm he's coming back next season.)[/Q

Lets see after the Banquet.

owslachief
03-22-2016, 02:46 PM
Maybe Mr. Hollis is incapable of firing ANYONE (officially).

Decatur Spartan
03-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe Mr. Hollis is incapable of firing ANYONE (officially).

Well, he did fire Rick Comley. But I think you may be correct (if I'm understanding you) that Mr. Hollis is hoping tCHHCoMSU will fall on his sword.

billmich88888
03-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Adding Notre Dame to the conference will make it just that much tougher for MSU to climb out of this hole that has been dug

John J. MacInnes
03-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Today marks the 5 year anniversary of the last new coach announcement. It's also 4 years to the day since the last NCAA appearance.

Anyone want to lay odds on which one happens again first?

Decatur Spartan
03-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Today marks the 5 year anniversary of the last new coach announcement. It's also 4 years to the day since the last NCAA appearance.

Well, If tCHHCoMSU keeps his position for next season, and then does not make the NCAA tournament, THEN we should see the back of him. I'd be very surprised, with the 8-9 freshmen he has coming in, if he was let go now. Unless he decides to fall on his sword.

alnike
03-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Well, If tCHHCoMSU keeps his position for next season, and then does not make the NCAA tournament, THEN we should see the back of him.

Is that really a reachable goal to make the NCAA Tournament in 2016-17?

Pirateasaur
03-23-2016, 04:40 PM

That's why I am concerned. What is considered acceptable next season? NCAA tourney berth is not very realistic which means it might be short of that. So barring equal or worse disaster next season which will feel brutal enough, it is now 2 more seasons of potentially stagnant hockey before a change is made.

Maybe things start turning around next season and a tournament birth is achieved in 2 years but if not? That's 7 years of this. Nearly as long as Comley spent at MSU that included several winning seasons and a national championship.

Decatur Spartan
03-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Reachable, maybe not. But what else is acceptable
right now? That should be the standard. And not making it as a auto pick for winning the B10 tourney. But through the Pairwise. THAT is the standard that I would hold
tCHHCoMSU to. That and nothing less.

owslachief
03-24-2016, 02:35 PM

MSU wins the NCAA team championship in wrestling. That happens first.

Scarlet
03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
tCHHCoMSU to.

Do you, like, have a macro or something for this? I would never be able to remember it. His actual last name has fewer characters.

Decatur Spartan
03-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Do you, like, have a macro or something for this? I would never be able to remember it. His actual last name has fewer characters.

the Current Head Hockey Coach of MSU. tCHHCoMSU. I refuse to use his name.

J.D.
03-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Can't izzo/dantonio help buy out the contract? As an outsider, i am stunned this guy is still your coach.

Decatur Spartan
03-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Can't izzo/dantonio help buy out the contract? As an outsider, i am stunned this guy is still your coach.
That would be nice, but he has two years at $300,000+, left on contract.

Decatur Spartan
03-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Every time I go to uscho.com, I'm hoping to see news regarding tCHHCoMSU.
Whether good (for us) or bad (good for him).

giwan
03-25-2016, 04:23 PM

Stunned they picked him in the first place.