PDA

View Full Version : MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

owslachief
01-05-2016, 10:13 AM
An article on Mason Appleton (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/01/05_appleton_slips_under_us.php), who last year was seen working the power play at Tri-City with Cody Milan.

If anything can help preserve TA's position as head coach (besides an apathetic athletic department), it may be what's turned out to be a pretty good freshman class so far, with surprisingly productive numbers as a percentage of the roster overall.

gomsuman
01-05-2016, 12:18 PM
If anything can help preserve TA's position as head coach (besides an apathetic athletic department), it may be what's turned out to be a pretty good freshman class so far, with surprisingly productive numbers as a percentage of the roster overall.

The thing is all these players are his recruits.... They pretty much all have good freshman years and then don't get any better (some even get worse :eek: ). I can name at least 4-5 upperclassmen who showed promise their freshman years...

gomsuman
01-05-2016, 12:20 PM
An article on Mason Appleton (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/01/05_appleton_slips_under_us.php), who last year was seen working the power play at Tri-City with Cody Milan.

I do like Appleton though. He has great promise.

UMICH
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
This is what happens to an entire athletic department when your AD sells his soul to improve only the football and bouncy-ball programs. He doesn't care about you, make noise. As a Michigan alumnus I hate you but for the good of our new conference and Michigan's RPI (selfish I know) we need you to be better.

Spartanforlife4
01-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Twitch had Ronaldstorm for Tech, we're gonna have Homerstorm.

http://youtu.be/4L02qm-CxlM

owslachief
01-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Is it April yet?

aallenpollreisz
01-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I think it would be wise to platoon Hildebrand and Minney from here on out. Hildy is mentally shot right now. Minney is the everyday starter next season, too.

Tom was pretty upset about the officiating on the postgame show. Granted, the game was called pretty poorly and something should have been assessed after Hildy got trucked, but it sure as hell wasn't the chief reason why we lost tonight.

Normally, we do a decent job containing UM's speed. Not tonight, though. It was a drag race between a rocket and Fred Flintstone's car.

owslachief
01-08-2016, 09:49 PM
Wait a sec ... OFFICIATING was actually front & center in the post-game??? I can think of a couple other things. Off the rails

Decatur Spartan
01-09-2016, 01:10 AM
No it isn't. Sorry.

Spartanforlife4
01-09-2016, 11:27 PM

aallenpollreisz
01-10-2016, 01:40 AM
Holland should be benched for the rest of the season after tonight. A stunning lack of maturity and discipline for a fourth-year junior.

Decatur Spartan
01-10-2016, 07:13 AM
Wait a sec ... OFFICIATING was actually front & center in the post-game??? I can think of a couple other things. Off the rails

As tCHHCoMSU blathered on about officiating and not getting any breaks, he conveniently forgot about how the first goal Friday went in off a um skate. We are tired of getting the same regurgitated crap every week from him.

Decatur Spartan
01-10-2016, 07:19 AM
And now, we will get "We played better. Played with passion. We just have to get a few breaks and stop taking untimely penalties". Or some similar line of blather from the tCHHCoMSU. Nothing will change until Mr. Hollis makes a change of Head Coach's. Again, completely out played. Time to go Tom. Time to go.

owslachief
01-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Holland should be benched for the rest of the season after tonight. A stunning lack of maturity and discipline for a fourth-year junior.
Amen Brother. I was getting ready to pick apart Holland last night for his thoughtless, selfish activity after the whistle, and his being obliviously turned with his back to Dancs last night (was that UM's second goal?). But then all I had to do was look at Draeger, who reminds me at times of Carson Gatt's older brother.

And it's just symptomatic about guys we get geeked about coming in as Freshmen as high draft picks, and have done very little for us after 3+ years. Lay that at the feet of those who have some responsibility for making them more prepared to not just play at the next level, but to be capable upper-classmen.

Biddco
01-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Twitch had Ronaldstorm for Tech, we're gonna have Homerstorm.

That needs to be a video that's on loop for 10 hours.

gomsuman
01-13-2016, 12:27 PM
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/mens-basketball/2016/01/12/spartan-speak-podcast-hoops-hockey-corley-commit/78702702/

Good talk from the LSJ writers about the state of MSU hockey right now. If you want to skip the basketball talk go right to about 32:05. What are your guys' opinion on their take? Is it true that no team continues to recruit a player who is already committed, even if it is at age 15!? I love hockey but really know nothing on how the recruiting process works.

owslachief
01-13-2016, 01:12 PM
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/mens-basketball/2016/01/12/spartan-speak-podcast-hoops-hockey-corley-commit/78702702/

Good talk from the LSJ writers about the state of MSU hockey right now. If you want to skip the basketball talk go right to about 32:05. What are your guys' opinion on their take? Is it true that no team continues to recruit a player who is already committed, even if it is at age 15!? I love hockey but really know nothing on how the recruiting process works.

That may be a gentleman's rule that coaches abide by. But I've not seen it written. What is certain is that before a prospective recruit has reached Jan. 1 of their 10th grade, a program may not reach out to that player - he/she must initiate the contact.

Pirateasaur
01-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Well, it sure has become easy to lose. I will watch the games and hope for the best but losses just make me roll my eyes now. Even last weekend's disaster felt more like "lol whelp, that's the end of that." as opposed to some sort of horrible spectacle.

This was a lot of childhood na´vetÚ but being a young child and going to games in the 90's, losing never even felt like an option. I'd show up with my parents, watch MSU win and then go home and that's just the way it was. We have not been good in a long time and that is hard to believe. How many years has it been since we had a "great" team? 2007? There's been a couple decent-solid years in there but the rest have been poor to just plain bad. I don't know what the future holds for this program but I just hope I can come to a game at Munn against anybody other than some AHA doormat and be reasonably confident we will win.

aallenpollreisz
01-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the gentlemen's agreement thing is absolute BS. I recall a few Comley recruits getting poached by other D-I coaches. (The OHL was a much bigger pain in the butt, though.)

owslachief
01-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah, the gentlemen's agreement thing is absolute BS. I recall a few Comley recruits getting poached by other D-I coaches. (The OHL was a much bigger pain in the butt, though.)
Again, however, if Kid A who's 16 years old and in 10th grade leaves a voice mail with Coach A at College A on October 10, and at the same time tweets that he's verbally committed to play at College A, Coach B at College B can't "poach" Kid until after Jan. 1. Of course, that doesn't apply to, say, Coach C in Sarnia.

So Austin Czarnik, for example, committed to state when he was 15, and in the 10th grade. Blasi came calling the next year.