2018-2019 Division I Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    This may be rehashing Minnesota HS Hockey, but how does somebody from Somerset, WI play for Hill-Murray?
    Hill-Murray is a private school, so no district borders. Somerset is about a 25 minute drive from Hill's campus.

Comment

Re: 2018-2019 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      This may be rehashing Minnesota HS Hockey, but how does somebody from Somerset, WI play for Hill-Murray?
      More confusing is why does she want to play for the rodents?!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        She may view Amanda Kessel as having blazed a trail from Wisconsin to Ridder Arena. Any other prospects we should be looking at?

Comment

one natty trophy for parents house, one for each grandparents house, one for herself

BTW, she's not the only WI girl to play for H-M

Comment

MINNESOTA STATE

Brooke Bryant......F......California Wave......Stockton, CA
            Abigail Levy.........G......Shattuck...............NY

Minnesota State stepping up the recruiting and picking up some good talent from out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
              BTW, she's not the only WI girl to play for H-M
              There's a contagious disease out there, better call the CDC.

Comment

There's a contagious disease out there, better call the CDC.
                It's a smart move for a player of any promise and in reasonable proximity. Better development prospects than with the hometown team and their competition.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

a few people ( mostly elsewhere) have predicted the death MN HS hockey due to the best players leaving, but the truth is MN HS hockey is robbing players from other states, how many kids from ND & WI play in MN? and if the kid plays in MN, it isn't likely the father or mother is volunteering their services to their local team, a double loss.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                    It's a smart move for a player of any promise and in reasonable proximity. Better development prospects than with the hometown team and their competition.
                    Being totally objective, I agree 100%. WI high school hockey is not anywhere near the level to our old Union neighbors to the west and I would blame anyone who goes there. Just don't contract that disease and end up wearing urine and maroon colored jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                      She may view Amanda Kessel as having blazed a trail from Wisconsin to Ridder Arena. Any other prospects we should be looking at?
                      We as in the Gophers or we as fans?

2 come to mind that the Gophers should be interested in.

Madeline Wethington - D Blake 2000 birthdate - Has the size and skating ability that the Gopher staff likes.
                      Makenna Webster - F SSM U16 2002 birthdate - Just turned 14 in March and is already an elite player.
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-09-2016, 03:35 PM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Madeline Wethington - D Breck 2000 birthdate - Has the size and skating ability that the Gopher staff likes.
                        Makenna Webster - F SSM U16 2002 birthdate - Just turned 14 in March and is already an elite player.
                        Wethington plays for Blake, the Breck girl to watch closely is 2001 birth year forward Sydney Breza.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Madeline Wethington - D Breck 2000 birthdate - Has the size and skating ability that the Gopher staff likes.
                          Aren't we supposed to keep these a secret so Frost can stash them away, shackle them...prevent them from landing on opponent rosters, despite having no plans to let them play?

Shhhhh...
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
                            Wethington plays for Blake, the Breck girl to watch closely is 2001 birth year forward Sydney Breza.
                            I agree on what I have seen so far with Breza. If you want to watch Syd Breza this year you will have to do so at Shattuck-St. Mary's it sounds like.
                            Webster is probably the fastest, smartest, skilled 2002 forward in North America. Future USA Hockey Star for sure!
                            Wethington has to be the top rated 2019 grad D.
                            None of these 3 are in anyway a secret to the Top D1 programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
                              Thanks for the correction, Wethington also has U18 experience as has been pointed out by folks like yourself in previous posts.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Drama taking place at U of Missouri softball. Players complaining of lack of playing time. Other players defending the coach saying the roster was expanded for non-softball reason-i.e. coach was forced to by Mizzou admin for Title IX compliance reasons. Otherwise some players wouldn't be on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X