PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East TV

Pages : [1] 2 3

DLG
09-21-2015, 09:12 PM
What going on with TV in this premier conference?
Nothing from NESN or NBCSN and today they announce TV games
with American Sports Network. Is that TV or internet

Any thoughts

MGoBlueHockey
09-21-2015, 10:26 PM
B1G is (not surprisingly) dragging their *** when it comes to announcing TV as well.

boblav1
09-21-2015, 10:34 PM
What going on with TV in this premier conference?
Nothing from NESN or NBCSN and today they announce TV games
with American Sports Network. Is that TV or internet

Any thoughts

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 8h8 hours ago
ASN will produce the games. NESN will likely still carry the games in the Boston market, though that deal has not been announced.

Bonin21
09-21-2015, 10:38 PM
I've learned a little more about ASN today. It is not a channel, and partner channels in the different regions pick up the games. For example, in MN it's GetTV, which is SD and therefore lame. I'm guessing we won't be able to see the eastern ASN games in MN.

NBC and BTN need to announce soon. Struggling with patience.

Biddco
09-21-2015, 10:40 PM
I've learned a little more about ASN today. It is not a channel, and partner channels in the different regions pick up the games. For example, in MN it's GetTV, which is SD and therefore lame. I'm guessing we won't be able to see the eastern ASN games in MN.

NBC and BTN need to announce soon. Struggling with patience.

I was wondering what ASN was...GetTV? Never heard of it.

Bonin21
09-21-2015, 10:44 PM
I was wondering what ASN was...GetTV? Never heard of it.
Neither had I until last year when they picked up a Gopher game. I didn't get to watch it though as I was at the game. It might also be in your guide as WUCW-2.

DLG
09-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Also in looking at schedule a number of games start on Friday night at 6PM--BU moved their Friday
games to 7:30 because fans could not get there by 7 because of traffic
Why do paying fans at game come in last again

steakbomb
09-22-2015, 08:22 PM
As long as the colleges are chasing the TV money, and why wouldn't they, you're going to have games at odd times to accommodate the nhl.

riverchief1
09-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Absolutely horrible if you're an eastern team and stuck with a 6:00 game start. Not good for pre-gaming, not good for traffic/commuting/rush hour, etc. I appreciate it when the games are shifted even 15 to 30 minutes to 7:15 or 7:30 at Lowell as it allows more time to get there and settled, especially on Friday nights. You're going to see a lot of empty seats at 6:00 game time which will look really bad on tv. My guess is on tv nights, lots of fans will just stay away as who wants to fight traffic and so on to get there by 7:30 and the game maybe already near the end of the second period or even later? This is so inconsiderate of fans who attend the games.

I'm really glad that Lowell has none of these games at home except for a Sunday game vs. UConn on 12/6 at 1:00 which is beyone horrid scheduling, tv or not. At least the Patriots aren't until 4:25 that day.

LTsatch
09-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Hey, Yale is relegated to the Ivy League Digital Network, be happy that you have any games televised! HDMI cable from computer to flat screen is my network. $50 bucks for every Ivy League Sport for four months isn't bad actually, gets you all the home games in BB, and Hockey. Not HD though.

ScottK
09-23-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm really glad that Lowell has none of these games at home except for a Sunday game vs. UConn on 12/6 at 1:00 which is beyone horrid scheduling, tv or not. At least the Patriots aren't until 4:25 that day.

That's exactly why it's a 1pm start.

Tater
09-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Absolutely horrible if you're an eastern team and stuck with a 6:00 game start. Not good for pre-gaming, not good for traffic/commuting/rush hour, etc. I appreciate it when the games are shifted even 15 to 30 minutes to 7:15 or 7:30 at Lowell as it allows more time to get there and settled, especially on Friday nights. You're going to see a lot of empty seats at 6:00 game time which will look really bad on tv. My guess is on tv nights, lots of fans will just stay away as who wants to fight traffic and so on to get there by 7:30 and the game maybe already near the end of the second period or even later? This is so inconsiderate of fans who attend the games.

Agreed. 6pm on a Friday night in Boston in the fall/winter is a disaster. That 6pm Fri night game at Agganis will be half empty at puck drop.

BBDiehard14
09-24-2015, 08:09 AM

A 5:00 puck drop on a Sunday for UMass Lowell at Maine when the Patriots are playing the Giants at 4:25 has a half-empty Alfond written all over it.

DLG
09-24-2015, 01:55 PM
BIG announced 6 games today on ESPNU
Sinclair broadcasting started ASN and they own 179 stations but sell some rights
to other stations so maybe NESN will end up with them but it is a worse package than
previous years
Still no word from NBCSN whose Notre Dame connection usually results in quite a few games..

ScottK
09-24-2015, 01:59 PM
A 5:00 puck drop on a Sunday for UMass Lowell at Maine when the Patriots are playing the Giants at 4:25 has a half-empty Alfond written all over it.

Good thing that its a 1pm game being shown on delay then.

BBDiehard14
09-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Good thing that its a 1pm game being shown on delay then.

Good to know since the ASN schedule had it as a 5:00 game and Maine's at 1:00!

DLG
10-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Since we last checked in on this thread Notre Dame has announced a deal with NBCSN and today NESN announced the games they will be covering which are the
ASN package. Looking at all the schedules on TV the beanpot is not listed to be televised for the first time in recent memory.
As attendees can attest the games have not been sold out in many years although last year I think was first time garden listed attendance as not a sellout

Split-N
10-20-2015, 05:20 PM
...the beanpot is not listed to be televised for the first time in recent memory...

Is this true??

Sean Pickett
10-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Since we last checked in on this thread Notre Dame has announced a deal with NBCSN and today NESN announced the games they will be covering which are the
ASN package. Looking at all the schedules on TV the beanpot is not listed to be televised for the first time in recent memory.
As attendees can attest the games have not been sold out in many years although last year I think was first time garden listed attendance as not a selloutBeside the ASN package NESN will also be televising the Hockey East semifinals and final.

As for the Beanpot, I believe that TD Garden controls the TV rights and it appears that the previous contract with NESN has expired. The last time the Beanpot changed channels was in 2002 and the agreement was announced in early November 2001.

Sean

boblav1
10-21-2015, 08:14 AM
Here's the current tv schedule from the Hockey East site.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/media/tv.php