PDA

View Full Version : University of North Dakota-2015-2016-Seaason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Goon
09-10-2015, 10:36 AM
I think we should start a new thread for the upcoming season.

North Dakota Hockey 2015-16 Season Preview (http://thehockeywriters.com/north-dakota-hockey-2015-16-season-preview/)

Goon
09-16-2015, 02:52 PM
So, there're roughly 17 1/2 days till the hockey season begins (http://thehockeywriters.com/college-hockey-3-story-lines-for-the-2015-16-season/).

Bonin21
09-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Looks like the NCHC will have 14 games on CBSSN. Last year the Big Ten had 33 on BTN, ESPNU, and ESPNNews. Most of us expect this number to come down, which is frustrating. Last year NBCSN broadcast 19. Are there any other truly "national" channels I'm not thinking of broadcasting games?

I have the Comcast sports package now, so I think I'll get a lot of UND and DU games (in SD...). The Gophers and a few other teams will get picked up on FSN and FSN+, though again the count might go down. SCSU and Mankato will hopefully still have the deal with 999 on Comcast for home games (in HD!). And Bemidji has an SD channel for home games on Comcast.

I like to compare the national reach of each team, as well as selfishly knowing which channels I should be keeping an eye on.

Chuck Murray
09-24-2015, 12:36 PM
"Sundogs"?????? :eek: :mad: Holy crap, you can't make this stuff up ... my sincerest condolences, folks.

Darius
09-24-2015, 01:48 PM
"Sundogs"?????? :eek: :mad: Holy crap, you can't make this stuff up ... my sincerest condolences, folks.+1. If limited to what's on the list, it has to be Fighting Hawks.

icehawk
09-24-2015, 02:03 PM
NEW YORK – In a clash between two of college hockey’s premier programs, the University of North Dakota and Boston College will meet in a new marquee event, the College Hockey Showdown, on December 3, 2016 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) and Madison Square Garden announced Thursday.

The College Hockey Showdown at Madison Square Garden brings together perennial top-10 schools, which have won a combined 12 NCAA National Championships and made 45 NCAA Frozen Fours, to face off at the historic venue.
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=210367393

Chuck Murray
09-25-2015, 11:43 PM
+1. If limited to what's on the list, it has to be Fighting Hawks.

I vote for Nodaks. I actually think those who just want it to be "North Dakota" or "UND" have got it right.

Who says your program has to have a nickname anyway? :confused:

Slap Shot
09-26-2015, 03:22 AM
I vote for Nodaks. I actually think those who just want it to be "North Dakota" or "UND" have got it right.

Who says your program has to have a nickname anyway? :confused:

Merchants.

Dirty
09-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Remaining nicknameless will just allow this issue to drag on and it has already dragged on for far too long already. If UND doesn't choose a nickname, the anti-Sioux nickname people will pounce and complain how the school is just unofficially remaining the Sioux. If UND doesn't choose a nickname, the "Fighting Sioux Forever" crowd will keep hoping and dreaming that the Sioux nickname will come back. Choosing a nickname will, hopefully, shut up both of these equally whiny, self-centered groups. Probably won't, but I can still hope.

Goon
09-29-2015, 10:23 AM
UND Ready for 2015-16 Season (http://thehockeywriters.com/und-ready-for-2015-16-season/) and Trio of Rookies Ready to Take the Ice for UND (http://thehockeywriters.com/trio-of-rookies-ready-to-take-the-ice-for-und/)

siouxinminny
09-29-2015, 01:08 PM
As always, the questions are the freshmen. Only time will tell.
The schedule looks a bit soft to start although every team has eternal hope in the first month or two so no opponent can be taken lightly.
I'd say we start 8-2 or 9-1.

Goon
09-29-2015, 04:53 PM
As always, the questions are the freshmen. Only time will tell.
The schedule looks a bit soft to start although every team has eternal hope in the first month or two so no opponent can be taken lightly.
I'd say we start 8-2 or 9-1.
UND's First 10 games are against opponents have a cumulative winning percentage of about .350

willythekid
09-29-2015, 08:10 PM
UND's First 10 games are against opponents have a cumulative winning percentage of about .350

It's like playing a big10 schedule...

Biddco
09-29-2015, 09:57 PM

That's giving your schedule too much credit.

Goon
09-30-2015, 01:54 PM

It's a good way to start the season, especially with all of the young players coming in this season.

willythekid
09-30-2015, 02:08 PM
It's a good way to start the season, especially with all of the young players coming in this season.

It's a good thing as long as you win most of them... if not you're swimming upstream against the Pairwise later in the year.

Siouxfaninseattle
10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
UND and Scheels will be hosting the 2017 West Regional. Nice. :)

JohnsonsJerseys
10-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Dirty -
Check your email.
* Buzz buzz *
Ryan J

SJHovey
10-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Some comments following the exhibition.

I'd be curious to hear from some BSU fans regarding the play of the Bisons against them. It's an exhibition game. I have no problem playing hockey right up to the line, but I've never been in favor of intentional blows to the head of a player. Unlike the past few years, I think we were seeing more of that out of Manitoba last weekend.

I think it's good that Johnson is going to see some time in net early. I expect he'll play at least 10 games this year, even if Tomek comes back right away, and we need Cam to build a little confidence. He sometimes fights the puck, and playing time in real game action will help that.

The freshmen looked good, but they were playing an outmatched opponent. Was impressed with Wolanin on defense.

I though Luke Johnson had a quiet night, although he must have been pretty effective on face offs, given the numbers. I also thought we didn't see a lot of play of the body along the boards. Could be because it's an exhibition, and the first game, but it's also something you see with freshmen. It always seems to take some time before they understand how important it is to win the physical puck battles along the boards, and not just do a fly by.

Those 3 on 3 overtimes are going to be crazy. I would not want to be a goaltender in those situations.

Siouxfaninseattle
10-05-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm going to cut Cam a little slack. The first goal was not his fault, the second goal was completely on him (but I remember last year's goalie let in a few just like that - what was his name? :D ) and the third goal was a bit unlucky. The freshmen looked great - if Boeser's goal was a glimpse of what he can do we have a legit scorer. I didn't like the idea of three-on-three (big gimmick) but it was exciting - and there won't be any games going to a shootout.