Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota-2015-2016-Seaason

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
    What I'm saying is I think the NCHC will get 3 of their 8 teams in and the Big Ten will get 2 of their 6. No, I absolutely do not agree that the 4th/5th best NCHC teams are better than the 2nd/3rd best Big Ten teams. You could certainly make that case based on the current pairwise, but if that is your sole criteria you would then also be saying that Qunnipiac is better than St. Cloud and Providence is better than Denver. You may or may not think that, but I feel very confident in assuming there are many NCHC fans out there that would argue St. Cloud/Denver are better than Quinnipiac/Providence.
    I would absolutely put Quinnipiac ahead of SCSU considering they swept us handily earlier in the year. And I'd put Providence ahead of Denver. Pretty impressive season they are having. Although I would say I think both could beat the other two right now but would think they'd be great games.

Put any of the top 3 NCHC teams in the BIG and they'd win it and it wouldn't be close. #4 and #5 would be in the mix for the title, considering the #4 team swept your current league leader earlier and is currently playing some solid hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
      I would absolutely put Quinnipiac ahead of SCSU considering they swept us handily earlier in the year. And I'd put Providence ahead of Denver. Pretty impressive season they are having. Although I would say I think both could beat the other two right now but would think they'd be great games.

Put any of the top 3 NCHC teams in the BIG and they'd win it and it wouldn't be close. #4 and #5 would be in the mix for the title, considering the #4 team swept your current league leader earlier and is currently playing some solid hockey.
      Aren't the gophers like 2-13 in their last 15 against in state teams?
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Aren't the gophers like 2-13 in their last 15 against in state teams?
        4-12 in last 16. 0-6 this year. 4-6 last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

Your bias here is blatantly obvious. I'll take Michigan over any of those NCHC teams.
          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Your bias here is blatantly obvious. I'll take Michigan over any of those NCHC teams.
            Nope. Might want to look at actual game results and consistency. That last word is key. That is something UND, SCSU and Denver (since December) have had and that's because they all can play defense, something of which Michigan is unable to do. In a single game, Michigan would do just fine against NCHC teams. But over the course of a season they would expose their inability to play defense.

Comment

4-12 in last 16. 0-6 this year. 4-6 last year.
              Thanks. not much better
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Nope. Might want to look at actual game results and consistency. That last word is key. That is something UND, SCSU and Denver (since December) have had and that's because they all can play defense, something of which Michigan is unable to do. In a single game, Michigan would do just fine against NCHC teams. But over the course of a season they would expose their inability to play defense.
                Kind of like those 13 goals they gave up to something called Ohio St this past weekend.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'll take Michigan in the long run. Once Red dies or resigns that's a hot spot opening up. Could attract some primo candidates.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I might have thought the same until they were swept by Ohio State and decided to stop playing defense despite a plethora of talent on the blueline.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I was referring to a one game scenario, which we may or may not see a couple of weeks down the road. If any of those NCHC teams should happen to secure a date with the Wolverines, I have supreme confidence that the Big Ten will be vindicated.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

You sold me... michigan would destroy the top NCHC teams. I'm glad we finally got an unbiased opinion.

Comment

What I'm saying is I think the NCHC will get 3 of their 8 teams in and the Big Ten will get 2 of their 6. No, I absolutely do not agree that the 4th/5th best NCHC teams are better than the 2nd/3rd best Big Ten teams. You could certainly make that case based on the current pairwise, but if that is your sole criteria you would then also be saying that Qunnipiac is better than St. Cloud and Providence is better than Denver. You may or may not think that, but I feel very confident in assuming there are many NCHC fans out there that would argue St. Cloud/Denver are better than Quinnipiac/Providence.
                          So the 2nd best team in the Big Ten is better than the NCHC's 4 and 5? Funny.. didn't Minnesota get swept by the 4th best team in the NCHC this year? (its fun to bring up a series from back in October just bc it serves your point, huh?)

You think that the NCHC will get 3 in and Big Ten will get 2. Great. I will go on the record that the differential between the amount of teams the NCHC gets and the Big Ten gets is more than 1.5.

The pairwise is not my sole criteria for why the NCHC's 4th and 5th team is better than the Big Ten's second; lets also go KRACH and RPI. Show me anything that says the Gophers are better than UNO or UMD that is objective numbers and not a poll (MN edged out tUMD in the USCHO.com poll but USA Today/USA Hockey put 4 NCHC teams in the rankings, just Michigan from the Big Ten). But the other reason that I believe that is because I've seen the teams play; sure in a one game format the Gophers could beat any of those teams, but I'd take tUMD and UNO on a neutral sheet of ice.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, so thank you, I needed that. You'll take Michigan, 1st overall offense but 44th ranked defense, over 3 NCHC teams that can play at both ends of the ice (SCSU Off-2, Def-10; UND Off-8, Def-2; DU Off-17, Def-14)? Well you know what they say: Defense never wins Championships...
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

If any of those NCHC teams should happen to secure a date with the Wolverines, I have supreme confidence that the Big Ten will be vindicated.
                            You should be a character on Game of Thrones

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              So the 2nd best team in the Big Ten is better than the NCHC's 4 and 5? Funny.. didn't Minnesota get swept by the 4th best team in the NCHC this year? (its fun to bring up a series from back in October just bc it serves your point, huh?)

You think that the NCHC will get 3 in and Big Ten will get 2. Great. I will go on the record that the differential between the amount of teams the NCHC gets and the Big Ten gets is more than 1.5.

The pairwise is not my sole criteria for why the NCHC's 4th and 5th team is better than the Big Ten's second; lets also go KRACH and RPI. Show me anything that says the Gophers are better than UNO or UMD that is objective numbers and not a poll (MN edged out tUMD in the USCHO.com poll but USA Today/USA Hockey put 4 NCHC teams in the rankings, just Michigan from the Big Ten). But the other reason that I believe that is because I've seen the teams play; sure in a one game format the Gophers could beat any of those teams, but I'd take tUMD and UNO on a neutral sheet of ice.

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time, so thank you, I needed that. You'll take Michigan, 1st overall offense but 44th ranked defense, over 3 NCHC teams that can play at both ends of the ice (SCSU Off-2, Def-10; UND Off-8, Def-2; DU Off-17, Def-14)? Well you know what they say: Defense never wins Championships...
                              This is what you're setting yourself up for...

If Michigan loses, so what? They were supposed to lose. They're just a pitiful team from a pitiful conference. Everybody knows the 5th best team in the NCHC could beat the best team the NHL has to offer, so why should a lowly Big Ten team stand a snowball's chance in hell?

But if Michigan should happen to win, you and everybody else who goes to such extreme exaggerations in trying to discredit anything and everything that pertains to the Big Ten will be left with egg all over your faces.

Are you sure you want to act so cocky and disrespectful towards a quality opponent? You're painting yourself into a "nothing to gain/everything to lose" corner.

23 > 21

Comment

This is what you're setting yourself up for...

If Michigan loses, so what? They were supposed to lose. They're just a pitiful team from a pitiful conference. Everybody knows the 5th best team in the NCHC could beat the best team the NHL has to offer, so why should a lowly Big Ten team stand a snowball's chance in hell?

But if Michigan should happen to win, you and everybody else who goes to such extreme exaggerations in trying to discredit anything and everything that pertains to the Big Ten will be left with egg all over your faces.

Are you sure you want to act so cocky and disrespectful towards a quality opponent? You're painting yourself into a "nothing to gain/everything to lose" corner.
                                Yuuuup.

Honestly, I never said that the Big Ten was a pitiful conference. We just don't all see it as strong and deep as you do. Gun to my head I think UND, SCSU and DU all > Mich. And I think tUMD and UNO > MN and PSU. A lot of people, almost all the NCHC fans and even a healthy amount of Big Ten fans, agree. You know who else agrees? Math.

Comment

Working...
                                X