Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota-2015-2016-Seaason

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    It's a good way to start the season, especially with all of the young players coming in this season.
    It's a good thing as long as you win most of them... if not you're swimming upstream against the Pairwise later in the year.

Comment

UND and Scheels will be hosting the 2017 West Regional. Nice.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Dirty -
        Check your email.
        * Buzz buzz *
        Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Some comments following the exhibition.

I'd be curious to hear from some BSU fans regarding the play of the Bisons against them. It's an exhibition game. I have no problem playing hockey right up to the line, but I've never been in favor of intentional blows to the head of a player. Unlike the past few years, I think we were seeing more of that out of Manitoba last weekend.

I think it's good that Johnson is going to see some time in net early. I expect he'll play at least 10 games this year, even if Tomek comes back right away, and we need Cam to build a little confidence. He sometimes fights the puck, and playing time in real game action will help that.

The freshmen looked good, but they were playing an outmatched opponent. Was impressed with Wolanin on defense.

I though Luke Johnson had a quiet night, although he must have been pretty effective on face offs, given the numbers. I also thought we didn't see a lot of play of the body along the boards. Could be because it's an exhibition, and the first game, but it's also something you see with freshmen. It always seems to take some time before they understand how important it is to win the physical puck battles along the boards, and not just do a fly by.

Those 3 on 3 overtimes are going to be crazy. I would not want to be a goaltender in those situations.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I'm going to cut Cam a little slack. The first goal was not his fault, the second goal was completely on him (but I remember last year's goalie let in a few just like that - what was his name? ) and the third goal was a bit unlucky. The freshmen looked great - if Boeser's goal was a glimpse of what he can do we have a legit scorer. I didn't like the idea of three-on-three (big gimmick) but it was exciting - and there won't be any games going to a shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
              I'm going to cut Cam a little slack. The first goal was not his fault, the second goal was completely on him (but I remember last year's goalie let in a few just like that - what was his name? ) and the third goal was a bit unlucky. The freshmen looked great - if Boeser's goal was a glimpse of what he can do we have a legit scorer. I didn't like the idea of three-on-three (big gimmick) but it was exciting - and there won't be any games going to a shootout.
              Love the 3 on 3. Anything to eliminate the real gimmick, shootouts.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Love the 3 on 3. Anything to eliminate the real gimmick, shootouts.
                It will be interesting to see how teams play it - 3 forwards? 2 forwards and one D? UND played 2 F and 1 D, and I think that will work as long as you have mobile D. And it looked like getting fresh bodies on the ice is critical and hard to do.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how teams play it - 3 forwards? 2 forwards and one D? UND played 2 F and 1 D, and I think that will work as long as you have mobile D. And it looked like getting fresh bodies on the ice is critical and hard to do.
                  The brief 3 on 3 we saw this weekend reminded me of the old OT rules in the NFL. The first team to get possession usually won.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Watching a few of the NHL preseason games, the line changes have been a trainwreck. And those teams have had a little longer to work on it. I'm sure this will be exciting, but also exasperating.

Comment

Do you guys have a name yet?
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Do you guys have a name yet?
                        Voting takes place the week of October 19th. If none of the names gets over 50%, the students will vote for the top two vote getters. The choices are North Stars, Sundogs, Fighting Hawks, Nodaks and Roughriders. Uffda.

Comment

UND Hockey: Energized Simonson Looking to Stay in the Lineup
                          As of right now, There's 12 former UND Hockey Players on NHL Rosters.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Voting takes place the week of October 19th. If none of the names gets over 50%, the students will vote for the top two vote getters. The choices are North Stars, Sundogs, Fighting Hawks, Nodaks and Roughriders. Uffda.
                            IMHO the top two will be North Stars and Fighting Hawks. Although personally I'd like to see you guys the Nodaks....
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The University of North Dakota Uffda. I like that better than the other options. Can we do the Fighting Uffda?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                IMHO the top two will be North Stars and Fighting Hawks. Although personally I'd like to see you guys the Nodaks....
                                Top two will be Fighting Hawks and Roughriders.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                The University of North Dakota Uffda. I like that better than the other options. Can we do the Fighting Uffda?
                                No!

Comment

Working...
                                X