Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Nice bounce back game tonight inches from being another Frey Shutout.

Comment

4th place doesn't sound bad until you consider that the 3rd place team has twice your points, 18-9!
      Those close games slipping out of our grasp hurt, but last weekends I blame on the ref's not the team.
      We had Michigan soundly handled but the former CCHA refs go out of their way to protect Michigan and always have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        4th place doesn't sound bad until you consider that the 3rd place team has twice your points, 18-9!
        Those close games slipping out of our grasp hurt, but last weekends I blame on the ref's not the team.
        We had Michigan soundly handled but the former CCHA refs go out of their way to protect Michigan and always have.
        I wouldn't say the refs helped Michigan especially sunday. Those 2 dumb penalties they took at the end of the 2nd period that have Michigan that 5 on 3 had to be called. They made their bed and couldn't Get out from it. They played 4 our of the 6 periods against Michigan pretty well but couldn't finish off either game. This team is going to be really good when they figure out how to play a full game and not have lapses which have caused at least 3 of the 4 conference losses. This weekend is a big ready can they take care of a team that they are better than.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Those 2 dumb penalties they took at the end of the 2nd period that have Michigan that 5 on 3 had to be called. They made their bed and couldn't Get out from it.
          I disagree, the first of those 2 penalties, the hooking to Kearney was a bit of a weak call but correct.
          Yes the stick was parallel to the ice and made contact with the player's hands but it didn't impede his play but I can see why they called it.
          The second one, the roughing to Healey was pure BS. I won't give a name but let's just say someone within the program told me after the game they reviewed the video of Josh's hit during the intermission and in the minds of the coaching staff there was no doubt it was a clean legitimate hit. It was straight shoulder to shoulder, the Michigan player had the puck and saw Josh coming so it wasn't a blindside.
          If our coaches believe it was a bad call who am I to disagree and I had a very good angle on seeing it straight on in front of me

Comment

I disagree, the first of those 2 penalties, the hooking to Kearney was a bit of a weak call but correct.
            Yes the stick was parallel to the ice and made contact with the player's hands but it didn't impede his play but I can see why they called it.
            The second one, the roughing to Healey was pure BS. I won't give a name but let's just say someone within the program told me after the game they reviewed the video of Josh's hit during the intermission and in the minds of the coaching staff there was no doubt it was a clean legitimate hit. It was straight shoulder to shoulder, the Michigan player had the puck and saw Josh coming so it wasn't a blindside.
            If our coaches believe it was a bad call who am I to disagree and I had a very good angle on seeing it straight on in front of me
            Kearney tugged at the hands and jersey more than once that has to be called. We can disagree on the 2nd one but Josh has put his name out there as a border line dirty hitter and anything questionable with him will almost always be called.

Comment

Healey has been suspended for the series against Michigan state as a result of that hit and misconduct on Saturday night.

Comment

Healey has been suspended for the series against Michigan state as a result of that hit and misconduct on Saturday night.
                Yeah, I heard. Do you know if there's video of that hit out there?
                It happened so quick and too far away from me to see the details of it.

Comment

Yeah, I heard. Do you know if there's video of that hit out there?
                  It happened so quick and too far away from me to see the details of it.
                  No video but he did hit him in the head from what I could see and I think thatv was his 3rd misconduct.

Comment

Wow! What a disappointing game! If this team consistently played with the energy they displayed in the Michigan Series or the second game against PennState, they would be amazing. What happened? Also, why does it seem we are still messing around with lines?

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by ColumbusBucks View Post
                      What happened?
                      Started slow, fell behind 2-0. From there, the Spartans were effective playing with the lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColumbusBucks View Post
                        Wow! What a disappointing game! If this team consistently played with the energy they displayed in the Michigan Series or the second game against PennState, they would be amazing. What happened? Also, why does it seem we are still messing around with lines?
                        Started the game like they Didn't even want to be there.

Comment

Not having Healey hurt. The Spartans came at us pretty physical like we did against previous opponents but after Josh's suspension it looked like we were afraid to hit back.
                          We NEED to have a physical presence against these guys or they'll wear us down and we CAN play better than them.
                          Seemed the usual from the refs, we were tripped and interfered with most of the game and rarely a call against Sparty.
                          I hope someone for us took down Holland's #11 last night for payback tonight as he was playing as dirty as a Wolverine!

Comment

...he was playing as dirty as a Wolverine!
                            Hey, cheap shot. You guys were pushing the envelope all series and a couple of our guys couldn't take it anymore so you got what you deserved. How could you lose to sparty?
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Hey, cheap shot. You guys were pushing the envelope all series and a couple of our guys couldn't take it anymore so you got what you deserved. How could you lose to sparty?
                              Didn't come interested to play 60 minutes of hockey for whatever reason. Hope tonight is different.

Comment

Didn't come interested to play 60 minutes of hockey for whatever reason. Hope tonight is different.
                                While I'm not rooting for ohio state, I hope that sparty loses.
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X