PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Hockeybuckeye
03-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I mean that was a pretty obvious high stick to me. It was above his head.Despite what the Michigan fans say it was a high stick. It happened in my end and I could see the blade well above the level of the crossbar.
He tried to argue to the ref that it hit lower down on the shaft of his stick but the ref rolled his eyes and shook his head no.
The ref's are like traffic cops, they've heard all the excuses there are out there and don't believe any of them! LOL!

LunarOhio
03-07-2016, 03:00 PM
What you may not know from the radio broadcast is one of our guys was pretty badly crosschecked from behind right in front of where I was sitting when we were in Michigan's end which sprung the puck for the play to go up ice for their goal and the penalty.
The refs called a penalty earlier on an identical crosscheck but ignored this one. If the penalty had been called as it should then no 2 quick scores for Michigan so I won't fault the boys on those 2.

I hope the NCAA and B1G Officials take a look at this game as a poor example of officiating. The number of times dangerous plays and dangerous cross checks from behind, and even hits to the head went uncalled was amazing. I don't think I've seen anything like it in years. The ref would just look at them an shake his head. That last scrum in the corner where the Michigan player speared the OSU player in the face and neck was a good example. The spearing along should have been a DQ, let alone to the head and then neck. The Kearny goal should have been a goal and a PP with the obvious tripping. The fact there were two 5 minute interference calls on Friday should have been a signal that things were going to get out of hand quickly.

Yeah its hockey. Yeah there are going to be hits, but the refs need to make the calls to keep the game under control.

In the end its all about not letting up on the gas in the latter half of the 2nd and in the 3rd. We've seen it how many times this season that we get a lead then blow it in the last minute of the 2nd then lose it in the 3rd. Not sure if its conditioning, coaching, or what, but they need to play like they are behind in the 3rd. As soon as they start trying to coast or play a 2/3 formation they get whacked.

Glad to see them back to playing a gritty down low style like in Florida and finding just a little bit of the "I" in TEAM.

Hockeybuckeye
03-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Well LunarOhio it's rare to see a well called game with balance.
Personally I think it's a much more intense game when they "let 'em play" rather than hold the game up time and again by calling every tickytack thing out there.
That's how it typically is, too much or too little officiating but I definitely agree with your assessments.

Buckeye22
03-12-2016, 12:08 AM
Well it was definitely nerve wracking, but its great to see us win our 3rd straight. Back to back sweeps to finish the season would be amazing. If we get hot again like we did in Florida, we could hypothetically get to .500 and make the tournament and actually kind of deserve it.

Hockeybuckeye
03-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I was watching on a laptop so could see as well as I'm used to but it looked to me the Spartan goal that sent it to OT didn't look legit. It looked like Frye was on top of the puck and he and the puck together were pushed into the net.
The other issue I has was our guys were not sticking with they guys they were supposed to be defending allowing scoring opportunities for MS.

Hockeybuckeye
03-12-2016, 03:13 PM
So, if we get past Sparty in Thursday's B1G playoff game who would you rather we face next as the #1 seed, Minnesota or Michigan and why?

Buckeye22
03-12-2016, 03:32 PM
I'd have to say Michigan. I think they're the better of the 2 teams, but we're 2-1-1 vs. TTUN this year and 0-4-0 vs. the Gophers (granted, 3 of those for losses were in OT). Plus we'd definitely be playing in front of a decidedly pro-Minnesota crowd. Michigan will have much less of an advantage.

klbaum1077
03-12-2016, 03:52 PM
I was watching on a laptop so could see as well as I'm used to but it looked to me the Spartan goal that sent it to OT didn't look legit. It looked like Frye was on top of the puck and he and the puck together were pushed into the net.
The other issue I has was our guys were not sticking with they guys they were supposed to be defending allowing scoring opportunities for MS.

I was watching on my phone and no way you could see the puck cross the line. Was Frey on top of it probably but probably doesnt say the puck is in for sure. The Ref apologized to Rohls after the game i was told.

klbaum1077
03-12-2016, 03:52 PM
So, if we get past Sparty in Thursday's B1G playoff game who would you rather we face next as the #1 seed, Minnesota or Michigan and why?

I would say Michigan as well but i dont see Minnesota losing to Wisconsin again at home.

Buckeye22
03-12-2016, 11:58 PM
Well, once again we laid a complete egg and failed to sweep. We spent a lot of time in the penalty box and despite getting a reasonable number of shots, we were only able to generate 2-3 actually decent scoring chances, one of which resulted in our only goal. The one goal we had was a total individual effort by Jobst too, so its not like it was a great play by the team. Rohlik just doesn't seem to make any adjustments in between periods. Frey was maybe the only bright spot out there for us. He made a few great saves. I'm just bummed that my last OSU game of the season had to be such a snoozefest.

klbaum1077
03-13-2016, 03:48 AM
Well, once again we laid a complete egg and failed to sweep. We spent a lot of time in the penalty box and despite getting a reasonable number of shots, we were only able to generate 2-3 actually decent scoring chances, one of which resulted in our only goal. The one goal we had was a total individual effort by Jobst too, so its not like it was a great play by the team. Rohlik just doesn't seem to make any adjustments in between periods. Frey was maybe the only bright spot out there for us. He made a few great saves. I'm just bummed that my last OSU game of the season had to be such a snoozefest.

Didnt listen or see the game but some how i could see this coming they clinched 4th last night and really had nothing to play for which is no excuse but i could see this result coming.

Hockeybuckeye
03-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Didnt listen or see the game but some how i could see this coming they clinched 4th last night and really had nothing to play for which is no excuse but i could see this result coming.I agree, at least I HOPE that was the reason for the lack of intensity of our play.
The score could have been a lot worse as Frey was on his game in stopping a number of shots that should never have been allowed to have been taken so close in.
I hope we can get it done Thursday and still have gas in the tank to keep advancing but with both teams playing for their season's lives it could get ugly and whoever advances won't be unscathed.
OSU's twitter feed says we play the 8:30 evening game Thursday. The 7:30 time posted on the B1G site is Central time.

klbaum1077
03-13-2016, 10:39 PM
I agree, at least I HOPE that was the reason for the lack of intensity of our play.
The score could have been a lot worse as Frey was on his game in stopping a number of shots that should never have been allowed to have been taken so close in.
I hope we can get it done Thursday and still have gas in the tank to keep advancing but with both teams playing for their season's lives it could get ugly and whoever advances won't be unscathed.
OSU's twitter feed says we play the 8:30 evening game Thursday. The 7:30 time posted on the B1G site is Central time.

yes they got the late game again for Thursday night

Buckeye22
03-14-2016, 12:46 AM
So what's the deal with Chris Lampasso? I'm pretty sure he hasn't played since the Friday night game against Wisco a few weeks back.

Hockeybuckeye
03-14-2016, 07:32 AM
So what's the deal with Chris Lampasso? I'm pretty sure he hasn't played since the Friday night game against Wisco a few weeks back.

It's my understanding it's simply a matter of production. Christian is one of the smaller players on the ice and although he's tenacious he can't move bodies as well as others and his scoring record is poor at best. He's had many shooting opportunities during the season but shot placement is lacking. We've had other players who were his size but they scored much more often. Coach is going with a lineup that of late has been productive.

John J. MacInnes
03-14-2016, 03:23 PM

Brackets are set, there's no reseeding after the first two games. The winner of OSU-MSU gets Minnesota.

pgb-ohio
03-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Brackets are set, there's no reseeding after the first two games. The winner of OSU-MSU gets Minnesota.Correct.

But note that Hockeybuckeye asked his question Saturday afternoon, when the pairings were still in doubt.

Hockeybuckeye
03-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Correct.

But note that Hockeybuckeye asked his question Saturday afternoon, when the pairings were still in doubt.Thank you Mr.PGB! That was indeed the situation as a Minnesota loss would have made Michigan the Friday opponent for the winner of our Thursday game.
HOWEVER, there was a chance of Minnesota & Michigan being co-champions if Minnesota didn't get all the points. Do you know who would have had the #1 seed if that had happened?

Decatur Spartan
03-14-2016, 07:40 PM
What do you mean "If"? It should be when.

Hockeybuckeye
03-14-2016, 07:58 PM
What do you mean "If"? It should be when.
I learned a long time ago not to be cocky on forum, it would usually come back to bite you in the a**.
It could be either teams game.