Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Anselm to Division III, NEWMAC

http://saintanselmhawks.com/landing/...ploratoryPhase

Bigtime news from Saint Anselm today....
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Saint Anselm to Division III, NEWMAC

I think it takes 4 years to "cleanse" the program before it is considered pure enough to be accepted into D-III.

As for a conference -- CCC (that would give it 8 hockey teams)??
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Didn't Prez say NEWMAC? That includes Babson, so I'd assume staying in the ECAC East for hockey. Now will the other ECAC East shoe fall?
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

good news for the players of st a-should be better situation for all aspects of the program--

Comment

As an alumnus of SAC I'm pleased to hear about this. A number of my fellow alumni, especially those who played varsity athletics, are very upset by the move as they feel like it's a shot to their athletic pride to be downgraded by a division. Not to speak ill of my fellow classmates, but I think the move will make the school more competitive, as the college has never been known as an athletic powerhouse by any stretch. During my college career, most teams were .500 at best and rarely competed for divisional championships let alone on the national stage. While my classmates may not like the move now, I think they and current students at the college will enjoy a more competitive atmosphere and the potential to compete in the playoffs more often.

On the hockey side, as a Cadet fan I know they have always been pesky and competitive, but have always been trapped in the DII purgatory status come playoff time. I know personally how much that upset(s) the players. This is a good move for the hockey teams and they will likely compete come playoff time if this move goes through.

Comment

Working...
          X