UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

New thread for the new season. Let's go Cats!

Re: UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

not too creative.....but apropos none the less......!

When do ticket sales start?

Comment

Kind of an unnerving schedule in terms of making the NCAAs. Given how tough it is to win Hockey East we'll probly need to do it on the strength of out-of-conference and that question could be settled before Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus22 View Post
        Kind of an unnerving schedule in terms of making the NCAAs. Given how tough it is to win Hockey East we'll probly need to do it on the strength of out-of-conference and that question could be settled before Halloween.
        I agree. I don't understand what they were thinking in setting up this schedule. By Halloween the Tourney will either be out of reach or the team will be in the top 5. Either they think that they have a better team this year then last, which may be, or they don't and are doing a rebuild. The latter is probably not it as the only appearance money they are getting is from Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
          I agree. I don't understand what they were thinking in setting up this schedule. By Halloween the Tourney will either be out of reach or the team will be in the top 5. Either they think that they have a better team this year then last, which may be, or they don't and are doing a rebuild. The latter is probably not it as the only appearance money they are getting is from Minnesota.
          Is the Minnesota game televised on a major channel or something?

Comment

I'll take my stab at lines...

Sneddon mentioned in the recruit preview blurbs 3 Frosh he expects to make "immediate impacts" so I'm penciling those guys in.

Shaw - Darrar - Pusckarich
            Bradley -Blaniel - J. Priviterra
            Petruzzelli - Stenerson - Couglin
            Forgionne - O'neil - Irwin

Pattyn - Abramson
            A. Privitera - Kearley
            Senkbeil - Philips

Santaguida (90+% of starts)
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I just returned from visiting Burlington. Hadn't been there since '76. Wonderful city and outstanding farmer's market. Went for a cruise on board the Ethan Allen lll for a wedding. Visited Gunnerson Arena for the first time. May have to make the journey again to watch a game. Lots of character to that old building.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                I'll take my stab at lines...

Sneddon mentioned in the recruit preview blurbs 3 Frosh he expects to make "immediate impacts" so I'm penciling those guys in.

Shaw - Darrar - Pusckarich
                Bradley -Blaniel - J. Priviterra
                Petruzzelli - Stenerson - Couglin
                Forgionne - O'neil - Irwin

Pattyn - Abramson
                A. Privitera - Kearley
                Senkbeil - Philips

Santaguida (90+% of starts)
                A reasonable effort.
                The only change I think is a for sure to those combos is on defence. Sinkbeil played forward most if not all of last year and I see him adding size in that role.
                On defence, Hamilton went to the Vancouver development camp and is probably going to be with either Abramson or Pattyn, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I just returned from visiting Burlington. Hadn't been there since '76. Wonderful city and outstanding farmer's market. Went for a cruise on board the Ethan Allen lll for a wedding. Visited Gunnerson Arena for the first time. May have to make the journey again to watch a game. Lots of character to that old building.
                  Not to quibble, bit it's "Gutterson" Fieldhouse. Thus the nickname "The Gut." Glad you enjoyed your visit -- Burlington is a great little city. Wish I lived there myself -- it beats Atlanta!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    Not to quibble, bit it's "Gutterson" Fieldhouse. Thus the nickname "The Gut." Glad you enjoyed your visit -- Burlington is a great little city. Wish I lived there myself -- it beats Atlanta!!!
                    Whoops. I knew it was Gutterson, must have been thinking about Gunnison, CO where my son is. At least that's my excuse. I need to proof read my posts more carefully. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                      A reasonable effort.
                      The only change I think is a for sure to those combos is on defence. Sinkbeil played forward most if not all of last year and I see him adding size in that role.
                      On defence, Hamilton went to the Vancouver development camp and is probably going to be with either Abramson or Pattyn, I would think.
                      I do think Hamilton sees significant ice time on D, but while Senkbeil did play forward much of last season there are a slew of income freshman that have size and I think the D needs more bodies then the offense does. Who knows though, that was my logic for putting him on D.

Comment

A new recruit.

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
                        96 F Ryley Risling (@BlckHawksHockey) commits to UVM. 6'2 Medicine Hat, AB native had 26G, 46 pts in 54GP for AJHL-Canmore last year

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=159851

Comment

I do think Hamilton sees significant ice time on D, but while Senkbeil did play forward much of last season there are a slew of income freshman that have size and I think the D needs more bodies then the offense does. Who knows though, that was my logic for putting him on D.
                          You may be right re Sinkbeil, who knows.
                          I think on D Abramson and Pattyn supply the grit and maybe the rookie Kearley will be able to contribute as well. If so, no need for Sinkbeil on D. If Kearley isn't ready yet, Sinkbeil may get some D minutes.
                          I think that Abramson, Pattyn, Hamilton and Privittera eat up most of the key d minutes though, no matter what. Hard to imagine any of the freshmen being bettr then those 4.

Comment

Brief mention of the Cats as a potential tourney team

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/09/ma...16-tournament/

Comment

Brief mention of the Cats as a potential tourney team

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/09/ma...16-tournament/
                              Thanks for the link. I agree, we should be a team that contends for a tourney spot. What scares me the most is having to rely on Santa this season. Although his numbers were good and, overall, he had a pretty decent season, I'm worried that he didn't seem up to the challenge when he was given the #1 goalie spot late in the season. Hopefully he's able to get the job done -- we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                              X