UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

UVM comes in 5th in this years incoming recruits.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...s-northeastern
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Little over two weeks out from the exhibition game. Can't wait to see what this years team can do.

I really wish we didn't have these Canadian team exhibition games and instead could play Norwich or Middlebury.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Little over two weeks out from the exhibition game. Can't wait to see what this years team can do.

I really wish we didn't have these Canadian team exhibition games and instead could play Norwich or Middlebury.
        Amen. I assume UVM sees little upside in playing a division down. Although Dartmouth plays Norwich.

Comment

Let's get more realistic... Would you rather see them do an intra squad scrimmage or play a Canadian team? I think we've covered why Norwich / Middlebury aren't really options.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
            Let's get more realistic... Would you rather see them do an intra squad scrimmage or play a Canadian team? I think we've covered why Norwich / Middlebury aren't really options.
            While they aren't an option at the beginning of the season is there a reason they aren't an option some other time? Is there a reason they couldn't play them in the middle of the season?

To your question.... I'd rather they did neither of those two options

Comment

I also wish they didn't charge full price for a scrimmage.

Comment

While they aren't an option at the beginning of the season is there a reason they aren't an option some other time? Is there a reason they couldn't play them in the middle of the season?

To your question.... I'd rather they did neither of those two options
                Perhaps because that makes zero sense...? Why not have UVM play the Bruins in an exhibition game in the December...? Because they both already have busy schedules and there is nothing to be proven by the match up maybe? I'm not sure how well thought out your post is.

Comment

Perhaps because that makes zero sense...? Why not have UVM play the Bruins in an exhibition game in the December...? Because they both already have busy schedules and there is nothing to be proven by the match up maybe? I'm not sure how well thought out your post is.
                  The reality is that the archaic NCAA rules prohibiting preseason exhibition games amongst NCAA teams leaves the NCAA schools with little option. Playing Middlebury or Norwich, while fun because of the proximity, does not really prepare a team for the regular season. Some of the Canadian teams are no better but at least they are physical and can help get an American squad up to game level. The only thing I fear with a Canadian team versus a DIII team is injury in a meaningless game. The Canadian schools have rosters filled with 23 and 24 year old major junior players. major junior is way more physical then NCAA hockey and to have a player injured in a game that may be out of hand score wise is also a possibility that scares me. Also, I am not sure what the rules are but to have one of our players who is Canadian and who is a scrapper get into a fight and get suspended in a preseason game does not really help. To lose an Abramson or a Shaw really doesn't help the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
                    Playing Middlebury or Norwich, while fun because of the proximity, does not really prepare a team for the regular season. Some of the Canadian teams are no better but at least they are physical and can help get an American squad up to game level.
                    I'd say Middlebury/Norwich are better then many of the Canadian teams we've played recently. This other issue is losing players... Reynolds for example, to thug hockey. If it's Canadian teams or no one, then just use the time for extra practice.

Comment

You apparently have never seen a mid season exhibition game before or it would make some sense to you? Think on it and let me know if you still can't figure it out.

Comment

I'd say Middlebury/Norwich are better then many of the Canadian teams we've played recently. This other issue is losing players... Reynolds for example, to thug hockey. If it's Canadian teams or no one, then just use the time for extra practice.
                        While I understand there are several reasons why a UVM--D3 matchup is not happening, I agree with JCarter I don't think competitiveness is a real obstacle. Its anecdotal for sure but Norwich played Dartmouth close in 2011 and 2012, those games were far tighter than 95 percent of our matchups with Canadian schools.

Comment

Tickets. I have 4 great reserved seats and often only use two. Occassionally all four are available. Just let me know if anyone ever needs tickets.

Comment

Harvard season ticket holder/ General North Dakota fan here, just picked up tickets for your two games against ND in October. Can't wait to check out the arena! I'm staying in a hotel just outside the city, is it easy to drive to the game and park? General tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Thisisahockeywebsite View Post
                              Harvard season ticket holder/ General North Dakota fan here, just picked up tickets for your two games against ND in October. Can't wait to check out the arena! I'm staying in a hotel just outside the city, is it easy to drive to the game and park? General tips?
                              Traffic can be slow going right before the game starts, I try and get there early since I really don't mind watching warm ups etc. But, it's enough to get to direction wise.

Tips: Bring a cushion, the bleachers are terribly hard. There is no general beer sales, so if you want alcohol do it before/after the game. Enjoy the show and atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by rufus22 View Post
                                While I understand there are several reasons why a UVM--D3 matchup is not happening, I agree with JCarter I don't think competitiveness is a real obstacle. Its anecdotal for sure but Norwich played Dartmouth close in 2011 and 2012, those games were far tighter than 95 percent of our matchups with Canadian schools.
                                Don't know if you remember, but not all that long ago, back in the sucky years, we were routinely getting beat in these season-opening Canadian-school exhibition games. Personally, I don't have a problem with them. The Reynolds injury was unfortunate, but also an isolated incident. I think it's as good a way as any to prepare for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X