UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2015-2016 The New Season

Wasn't Abramson playing on the 3rd line with Ferguson and Lee with Privatera on the second line? Are you thinking special teams maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
      Wasn't Abramson playing on the 3rd line with Ferguson and Lee with Privatera on the second line? Are you thinking special teams maybe?
      Sorry, I omitted "3rd" in reference to the period. Abramson and Ferguson were the second pair on the ice each period but with the penalties in the third, and presumably the coaches' desire to win, 90% of the period was down to two d pair, Pattyn and Muscoby and Privittera and Abramson. I would shut down to 4 d if we have a lead or a tie if the D have been played fairly evenly after the first two periods. The depth just isn't there to run 6 d. That said, as I mentioned in my post, I don't get Muscoby as the 4th d but I can't complain too much as it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
        Sorry, I omitted "3rd" in reference to the period. Abramson and Ferguson were the second pair on the ice each period but with the penalties in the third, and presumably the coaches' desire to win, 90% of the period was down to two d pair, Pattyn and Muscoby and Privittera and Abramson. I would shut down to 4 d if we have a lead or a tie if the D have been played fairly evenly after the first two periods. The depth just isn't there to run 6 d. That said, as I mentioned in my post, I don't get Muscoby as the 4th d but I can't complain too much as it worked.
        I have always liked Muscoby he does a great job of standing up at the line when appropriate and doesn't seem to be out of place.

Comment

Sankbel is not injured, just not playing for whatever reason.

Also, what a classy tribute to Marty! Retiring his number was a classy thing to do!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
            Sankbel is not injured, just not playing for whatever reason.

Also, what a classy tribute to Marty! Retiring his number was a classy thing to do!
            You don't have a slight bias there do you But you are absolutely correct, it's awesome they decided to finally retire a number and Marty is without a doubt deserving of the honor.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Important games this weekend. I wonder which UVM team will show up.

Comment

Didn't see the game and was reading the box score and saw 47 minutes of penalties. What the heck happened? Expected to see Graveliese or Bunyan in the ref section....

Comment

Refs let a lot of after the whistle crap go in the first period and it caught up with them in the third. Minus a couple of defensive breakdowns that was a winnable game last night. First goal the Bradley/Puskarich/Shaw line was on the ice watching. In general I hate the dump and chase offense being used. The forwards get out of the defensive zone and stop skating while they are looking to make a pass. Keep moving through the neutral zone if no one is on you. Munson had a good game. Of the 30 saves I think there was only one scary rebound. Plus Munson gave our daughter a goalie stick.

Comment

First of all I will say Prov deserved to win both games as they were much better at finishing the scoring chances they had.

That said Terrance Murphy should be Fired!!!!!!!!!

I say this as a sports official who was embarrassed by Murphy and his making the game about himself, both nights he made
                    terrible judgement calls that made the game get out of control. Go on the UVM site and watch the play when Jarred gets tripped
                    and tell me he deserved a call....you cant he hardly touched the goaile and only did because he WAS TRIPPED.

Thank you to Sneddon for doing what all of us could not do.

College hockey players fans and coaches deserve better than what we saw this weekend.
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      First of all I will say Prov deserved to win both games as they were much better at finishing the scoring chances they had.

I say this as a sports official who was embarrassed by Murphy and his making the game about himself, both nights he made
                      terrible judgement calls that made the game get out of control. Go on the UVM site and watch the play when Jarred gets tripped
                      and tell me he deserved a call....you cant he hardly touched the goaile and only did because he WAS TRIPPED.

College hockey players fans and coaches deserve better than what we saw this weekend.

Watch the replay of the goalie interference...I hate the rule but that is the correct call. Sneddon will be suspended by Hockey East for his actions.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

You guys are getting a good one next season in Ross Colton. Tied for the lead in the USHL in points with 38 (19-19) in 28 games.

Extremely quick up the LW and sees some time at Center as well. PP and PK guy. He was also the MVP of the USHL Top Prospects game this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

I have a little different perspective. I didn't see but about 5 minutes of each game, so I'll just have to assume the officiating was as bad as people say. That said, I'm also sure at least some of the calls were legit, and it makes me wonder how the team could play with a complete lack of composure not just one night, but two. Undisciplined hockey DOES NOT win games. I also have to wonder how our coach ends up losing his mind to the extent that he throws water bottles onto the ice! That's a fine example for the players! Providence and the refs clearly got under our skin to the detriment of the team and the opportunity to play winning hockey. It's almost a little embarrassing to be a UVM fan today.

Unfortunately, these two games revealed there's a huge chasm between our program and the really good ones like Providence. It's not too difficult to have a nice little 4-game run against inferior competition, but PC undressed us completely and exposed us for what we are -- a bottom tier HE team.
                          Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 01-17-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Watch the replay of the goalie interference...I hate the rule but that is the correct call. Sneddon will be suspended by Hockey East for his actions.
                            He would have been able to avoid the goalie if he wasn't tripped. So what you are saying is if two Prov players picked up Jarred and thru him into the goalie its a penalty on
                            Jarred? Because that is the same thing as what you just said.

I am also ashamed at Sneddon's actions....I mean he could at least have been on target with one of those bottles. I know alot of people in the rink wanted to do what he did.
                            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                              He would have been able to avoid the goalie if he wasn't tripped. So what you are saying is if two Prov players picked up Jarred and thru him into the goalie its a penalty on
                              Jarred? Because that is the same thing as what you just said.

I am also ashamed at Sneddon's actions....I mean he could at least have been on target with one of those bottles. I know alot of people in the rink wanted to do what he did.
                              The goalie can't be contacted at all if they called a penalty on it, than that is different but the play was reviewed for interference with the goalie attempting to make a save.

I saw Demko have a puck on the top of his pad and get batted in by the offensive player get waived off.
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Sneddon Suspended One Game

http://www.wca*****/story/30993686/s...avior-saturday
                                Last edited by boblav1; 01-18-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X