This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

You know...I totally understand why guys want to elevate their draft status, but at the same time...does it matter for anything other than pride? These guys all end up in the same development camps, and once they go pro, the same training camps. They end up on equal footing with players who were drafted above and below them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Let's assume the seat gets too hot and Eaves is let go... what are the prospective favorites to replace him? I just realized Gwozdecky is a Wisconsin alum. Is he an option or is he too old?
      I don't know who Alvarez would consider really. He's shown no effort or consideration to the hockey team. That's underscored by the quote in my sig which he ACTUALLY made to a reporter during the 2010 Frozen Four run IIRC.

If you ask us fans: Don Granato, Tony Granato, George Gwozdecky (though he'd be a 4-5 year guy), Mark Osiecki, and potentially 2-3 darkhorses...Chris Tok? Mark Strobel? I just don't know who is out there anymore.

Maybe they should go outside the box and chase another Minnesota guy. Worked out well w/Badger Bob
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Holy ****, memories indeed! Vic Posa was one of my favorites back then; I think he was partnered with Gary Suter if memory serves? He was built like a fire hydrant, tough bastard.
        yeah, this was the first year I started to go to games with my Dad. I recall Granato, Mellanby, Maley, Wiitala and Ranheim but surprisingly I don't recall Suter...Although at 12 years old I was distracted constantly by the band, and well...girls

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          I don't know who Alvarez would consider really. He's shown no effort or consideration to the hockey team. That's underscored by the quote in my sig which he ACTUALLY made to a reporter during the 2010 Frozen Four run IIRC.

If you ask us fans: Don Granato, Tony Granato, George Gwozdecky (though he'd be a 4-5 year guy), Mark Osiecki, and potentially 2-3 darkhorses...Chris Tok? Mark Strobel? I just don't know who is out there anymore.

Maybe they should go outside the box and chase another Minnesota guy. Worked out well w/Badger Bob
          I don't think they have to pick an alumni as HC, I think it's more important to pick someone with a track record of winning as a HC at the college or junior (USHL preferably) level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
            I don't think they have to pick an alumni as HC, I think it's more important to pick someone with a track record of winning as a HC at the college or junior (USHL preferably) level.
            I agree, though it appears Don G has what I takes not to mention the Granato name could help lure back some fans who've written the AD and team off

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Yeah, we just recently found out. Not that I was friendly with him on here, but you know...he made it interesting.

Guess he passed back in May.
              This year, the forums lost OP.

Even worse, it kept EoDS.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                my guess is he's mostly done with Wisconsin Hockey,...He's got the Blackhawks...once those decisions get made (as Tim said earlier: see Indycar 1994 crowds and look at today's tv numbers and crowds) you almost never get those fans back

Your guess would be 100% wrong. Give me a little credit here.

I stuck with the aforementioned Blackhawks when they sucked. I cut my Packers teeth in the debacle that was the decade of the 80s. I'm still a Brewers fan.

My decision to no longer purchase Badger Hockey season tickets in no way means that I'm done with being a Badger Hockey fan. I'll weather this just like I have other bad eras of my teams.

Thanks for your concern Burd. You're a good dude.

I'm fine and still lurking from time to time. Just haven't had anything to say (post) lately.

Comment

Glad to see that you're still with us, Gurt.

Lurking in the shadows is completely understandable at this point in time.

Please don't talk to me about the Blackhawks after they took 3 points off the Isles in the first two games though. Harumph.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Speaking of lurking in the shadows...I saw Chuck/Andy, or at least someone using the Chuck Schwartz log-on lurking the other day.

Good to see you are still around and keeping tabs on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                      your are right on here, but it is silly to talk about because it isn't happening for at least two years imo.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        your are right on here, but it is silly to talk about because it isn't happening for at least two years imo.
                        I don't know: another middling year, with a fanbase that is evaporating with ever non-competitive loss, with recruiting difficulties increasing with a head coach known to be on the hot seat. Every year they wait is 2-3 more years before a new coach can expect to get things get turned around. 2 more seasons with Eaves and they be able to hold unsold out games at LaBian. A 10 to 15 win season, and the whole coaching staff may need to go, fair to them or not, but because it's necessary for the overall health of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                          I don't know: another middling year, with a fanbase that is evaporating with ever non-competitive loss, with recruiting difficulties increasing with a head coach known to be on the hot seat. Every year they wait is 2-3 more years before a new coach can expect to get things get turned around. 2 more seasons with Eaves and they be able to hold unsold out games at LaBian. A 10 to 15 win season, and the whole coaching staff may need to go, fair to them or not, but because it's necessary for the overall health of the program.
                          Well you know my view and I agree with you. I just don't see it with this athletic department and director.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Well you know my view and I agree with you. I just don't see it with this athletic department and director.
                            At some point it becomes a major PR issue. To many more articles about sub 4000 actual crowd and they will act. They may not give a pile of dung about the hockey program, they care mightly about the perception of UW athletics in the community. Game losses happe and are forgotten with the next highlight package, multiple disastrous attendance articles become something they need to act on, particularly if UW falls out of the top 3 in attendance (which might happen).

Comment

Pete Waite "resigned" after not super-bad, but not that good, middling teams, and I don't recall a public announcement of him being placed on the hot seat, as was done with Eaves.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                Speaking of lurking in the shadows...I saw Chuck/Andy, or at least someone using the Chuck Schwartz log-on lurking the other day.

Good to see you are still around and keeping tabs on us!
                                It has got to be killing him not being able to post, it would be killing me.

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                Pete Waite "resigned" after not super-bad, but not that good, middling teams, and I don't recall a public announcement of him being placed on the hot seat, as was done with Eaves.
                                I think the difference is that the VB community is much smaller and the program itself does not have the heritage of the men's hockey program. The Eaves hot seat declaration was simply to try and calm the masses. Clearly that has worked wonders.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X