X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Can't say that I'm a fan of the website changes. Giant pictures that take up 80% of the screen where you can't see the "next image" for the next story until you scroll down make it pretty annoying to navigate. Sadly, I'm becoming a crotchety old man that longs for the days when sites like the one below were the peak of internet development.

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/sp.../movie/jam.htm
    I went back and it looks like they changed it back, probably just for the time being.

Comment

Why make it look like the unfriendly to use mobile version? When I am on my computer I don't need the huge picture. On my phone, the gameday app works well.

Oh well, not worth telling them since they don't care about us common folk anyways....
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Why make it look like the unfriendly to use mobile version?
        I think the "Powered by US Cellular" logo in the corner is an indication for that.

Let's go to a phone company to have them design our site. (Everyone uses phones and tablets to surf the internet, right? Computers are so 2014.)
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

UW's website seems ok to me. I don't know, maybe you guys should try wrapping some tinfoil around your rabbit ears?

It's pretty similar to BC's website. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to shell out $6.95 for tomorrow's game you can watch here on BCEagles.tv. Or just invite seven one dollar friends over and watch it for free. If you have seven one dollar friends, that is.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            UW's website seems ok to me. I don't know, maybe you guys should try wrapping some tinfoil around your rabbit ears?

It's pretty similar to BC's website. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to shell out $6.95 for tomorrow's game you can watch here on BCEagles.tv. Or just invite seven one dollar friends over and watch it for free. If you have seven one dollar friends, that is.
            Or you could invite Howie over to the house so he could put $5 on top of your computer to try and buy a goal. Then it's only a $2 cost for you.

Comment

Do we have radio for our latest Boston massacres?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Do we have radio for our latest Boston massacres?
                Yeah, like every game Posick and someone will be on the away games. He wasn't on 1310 this morning so he will be calling it tonight.

I am taking head phones to my son's football game to listen, just like last week.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  $4.50 for a bottle of water. I can get a 36 bottles at kwik trip for that price.
                  This absolutely drives me totally crazy. What a f-ing money grab.

I do not expect any massacres this time around. Let's go RED!
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I believe Paul Capobianco will be doing the color with Posick on road games this year. Game time is 6:00 central btw.

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    or you could invite howie over to the house so he could put $5 on top of your computer to try and buy a goal. Then it's only a $2 cost for you.
                    If this only worked better. I'd seriously pay the price of season tix for a pair of wins on the weekend just to get some positives going for these young guys and the program.

Also great to see Captain America jumping up on the rush to get his first NHL goal for the Sabres.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

According to the UW Twitter account, Miller is in goal again tonight. Hopefully they won't get beat up like they did on the last trip to Boston. Don't want to see them lose ugly up there again.

Comment

The games in Boston this weekend are a great opportunity to make a statement to the casual fan that this year's team is ultimately worth watching at some point. Another couple of a--kickings out there just feels like more of the same.

It's crazy that neither of these games are being televised, but that's a rant I just don't have time for.

Comment

I'd say that the key for the Badgers will be getting it out of the zone clean. Errant passes and turnovers like those that cropped up last week can quickly end up behind Adam Miller against a team with BC's fire power. I wouldn't mind seeing a few D, especially K. Schulze doing their best Bobby Suter impression and taking it end to end now and then just to keep the BC fore check honest. If they get it out clean, I think they'll generate shots in the O zone alright and then it will just be a matter of solving Demko, who obviously can be really good... So no easy task.

Small ice this weekend too, but half these guys are much more used to playing on a small sheet at this point anyway, and actually I thought we were much better defensively last year on a small sheet. Eddie especially is more likely to have a bigger impact, not having to chase quite so much.

Badgers can skate a little so I'd say they have a small chance to surprise. Let's GO RED!
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            This absolutely drives me totally crazy. What a f-ing money grab.
                            What, you expect the UW Athletic Department to operate as a non-profit? And yes, that was taking it to the extreme.
                            Of course they are going to maximize their profits. The prices that they charge are not out of line with the rest of the sporting world.

And sure, being too aggressive in pricing may lead to a self-defeating cycle of:
                            fewer tickets sold -> higher prices to make up the difference - > fewer tickets sold -> higher prices to make up the difference -> fewer tickets sold

But most people on this board already have an entrenched view of the administration and how they handle hockey in general so I'm sure people will just see this as another nail in the coffin.
                            We all know that firing Alvarez and Eaves (and Strand and Bittner since they were hired by Eaves and are tainted) will magically lead to better recruiting, evened recruiting classes, lower ticket prices, lower parking prices, lower concession prices, the return of the Blue Line Club, alcohol sold at concession stands, sold out games, a magical environment, the return of signs in the student section, the return of the Rumble Rink chant, helpful event staff, energetic style of play, more wins, more championships, undefeated seasons, every game on national TV, mass hysteria in the state of MN...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              What, you expect the UW Athletic Department to operate as a non-profit? And yes, that was taking it to the extreme.
                              Of course they are going to maximize their profits. The prices that they charge are not out of line with the rest of the sporting world.

And sure, being too aggressive in pricing may lead to a self-defeating cycle of:
                              fewer tickets sold -> higher prices to make up the difference - > fewer tickets sold -> higher prices to make up the difference -> fewer tickets sold

But most people on this board already have an entrenched view of the administration and how they handle hockey in general so I'm sure people will just see this as another nail in the coffin.
                              We all know that firing Alvarez and Eaves (and Strand and Bittner since they were hired by Eaves and are tainted) will magically lead to better recruiting, evened recruiting classes, lower ticket prices, lower parking prices, lower concession prices, the return of the Blue Line Club, alcohol sold at concession stands, sold out games, a magical environment, the return of signs in the student section, the return of the Rumble Rink chant, helpful event staff, energetic style of play, more wins, more championships, undefeated seasons, every game on national TV, mass hysteria in the state of MN...
                              All I will say is just because everyone else is charging those ridiculous rates, doesn't mean UW has to. Wisconsinites are cheap in general. At $2.00 for a bottle of water, there is 60% profit (I know what we pay Pepsi for a festival we do). At $4.50, there is 600% profit, plus the Badger Miracle PH water has to pay royalties to sell their water at UW events. That kind of puts it in perspective. To be fair the price doesn't include the cost of selling it in the stands, but you get the idea.

At those prices, you better have a top flight program that is challenging for titles every year. It gets to the point where it prices families out of being able to go and it is a downward spiral when you aren't performing like the program historically has... But I just one of the entrenched view people on this board, right KaMiGo?

Comment

At the risk of turning this completely into Wisconsin concessions forum, I'm also finding the ever-increasing pricing very off-putting. Over at LaBahn, concessions are priced the same as Kohl/Camp Randall and flies in the face of the value-oriented theme of women's hockey. It's certainly not stopping me from going to the games, but it's coming off more and more like price-gouging.

Comment

Working...
                                X