X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    The spot Johnson is fighting for isn't with those 3 players, but Ford on the 3rd line. Ford played well at the end of the year, I think in a few weeks Ford drops to the 4th line and Cavillini is in the press box with Johnson on the 3rd.
    Right, I think Johnson is only a top 9 guy. I'm hoping that Ford and Ustaski have just been a little bit underrated. Ford does have a good head on the ice and he has pretty good speed. Hopefully that can translate into a few scoring opportunities for him and his line mates.
    If I recall correctly, Ustaski did bury his very first break away opportunity last year on a nifty play, which showed he has some puck skills. If he could use his big reach to be a disruptive presence on the PK, push a few people around now and then, and maybe pot a couple of timely goals on the year, he has an opportunity to be a real asset to the team.

Could be they're just going with Miller and Ford to give a couple youngsters a chance to see what's it's all about and get their skates under them before throwing them into the mix. Even with the youth, you'd probably have to count Johnson and Jurusik among the least experienced guys in this atmosphere.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I'm sure Johnson and Jurursik will play tomorrow.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Will any games been broadcasted WPT this year?
        UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
          Will any games been broadcasted WPT this year?
          There has been zero word about WPT or Wisconsin Channel coverage this year.

None of the games from the first month are on their schedule yet, but that could change on short notice.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

This weekends games will be on BTN Plus.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

This may not be the right place to put this idea or question.

How many years do you think it will take before a B1G team wins a NCAA hockey title? Also, what team will be the first? I think it could be 5 years and UW may be in the mix to be the first to do it.

I know the short term outlook is bleak, but I think the bounce back is going to happen fast.... hockey after Eaves.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Available but not free. Looks like 9.95/month or 79.95/year for the school pass. Little frustrating that this isn't available for free if already having (and paying for) BTN on cable package.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  Available but not free. Looks like 9.95/month or 79.95/year for the school pass. Little frustrating that this isn't available for free if already having (and paying for) BTN on cable package.
                  And be careful with BTN Plus.

You can start your service from their website, but in order to cancel anything you have to find a link hidden somewhere in your account settings and e-mail a request in to cancel your service.

Kind of ugly and messy, which is why I won't be using that service anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                    Thanks. I was wondering if I should renew that subscription or not. I'll probably regret it.

Comment

If anyone didn't see, Wisconsin is now an Under Armour school beginning next year.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        If anyone didn't see, Wisconsin is now an Under Armour school beginning next year.
                        Hmmm, haven't seen or heard anything about that yet at all.

Seriously though, wondering what kind of impact (if any) this will have on Badger hockey.
                        Last edited by Badger Booster; 10-09-2015, 02:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                          Hmmm, haven't seen or heard anything about that yet at all.

Seriously though, wondering what kind of impact (if any) this will have on Badger hockey.
                          I sent a note to Justin Doherty, Senior Assoc AD (he was the other person at the press conference along with BA) asking what impact this would have on hockey since they are currently set up with Reebok/CCM and not with adidas.

His response was simply "covers all 23 sports"

This was over twitter, so I'll forgive him for not getting into too much depth.

I'll be curious to see what happens.

My guess would be uniforms and branded apparel by UA, all other items (skates, sticks, pads, helmets) through another partner.

Comment

Just checked out the other uniforms by UA for BC and ND. The BC ones looked all right imo, but the ND ones were a little strange looking. It'll be interesting to see, looks like they didn't change the football ones too much, and the basketball unis were a heck of a lot better than those awful NCAA tourney unis last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                              Just checked out the other uniforms by UA for BC and ND. The BC ones looked all right imo, but the ND ones were a little strange looking. It'll be interesting to see, looks like they didn't change the football ones too much, and the basketball unis were a heck of a lot better than those awful NCAA tourney unis last year.
                              There will be little to know change in uniform design for hockey. I don't know how you can change it.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                This may not be the right place to put this idea or question.

How many years do you think it will take before a B1G team wins a NCAA hockey title? Also, what team will be the first? I think it could be 5 years and UW may be in the mix to be the first to do it.

I know the short term outlook is bleak, but I think the bounce back is going to happen fast.... hockey after Eaves.
                                this is an excellent question. I think Minnesota is the only b10 school with a shot in the next 5 years until or unless Wisconsin fires Eaves and gets 2-3 years of new recruits in for the new coach, or Michigan's Berenson retires and they get a solid coach to replace him. I think he's past his prime by about 10 years now.

OSU, MSU and Penn State? The first 2 schools could care less about their hockey teams. PSU? I've paid no attention to them at all. To be honest (yeah yeah grumble grumble) the B10 hockey conference is weak and lame and I give no ***** about it outside of UW and Minnesota so it's tough for me to get excited about seeing MSU (who?) OSU (so what!) and PSU (big deal!) when I'd rather see North Dakota, Denver, St. Cloud, Michigan Tech, NMU, Omaha, CC et al.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X