PDA

View Full Version : New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

rustedblades
08-10-2015, 12:04 PM
http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201508/aug5wcm.php

Does anyone know anything about Stretch Internet. Hopefully they are better than Eversport! I was not at all impressed with their performance (or lack of) last season!

joecct
08-10-2015, 05:03 PM
A lot of D-III teams use it. Works fine. But it all depends on bandwidth at the site and camera quality.

Biddco
08-10-2015, 07:58 PM
It will all come down to cost for the fans. I can't imagine they'd make it much more expensive than other league streaming options.

Tipsy McStagger
08-14-2015, 05:40 AM
SCSU used stretch Internet their last season before nchc tv. It was AWFUL.

beaverhockeyfan
08-14-2015, 04:12 PM
BSU's D-II sports conference, the NSIC, has used Stretch Internet to show NSIC games for free. I have never had any problems when I have watched a game.

davyd83
08-14-2015, 08:37 PM
SCSU used stretch Internet their last season before nchc tv. It was AWFUL.

Was it the Stretch feed that was awful or was the product SCSU gave to Stretch bad? Stretch doesn't hire announcers, producers, camera operators or any of the production crews. They simply provide a platform to enhance and retransmit the product they get from the client.

uaafanblog
08-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Was it the Stretch feed that was awful or was the product SCSU gave to Stretch bad? Stretch doesn't hire announcers, producers, camera operators or any of the production crews. They simply provide a platform to enhance and retransmit the product they get from the client.

UAA used Stretch for a couple of seasons (that was when it was free). It wasn't substantially better than anything else and suffered the same sort of awful buffering that puts you 5 mins or more behind by the end of the game.

joecct
08-16-2015, 08:35 PM
It's all a function of bandwidth and the # of users in the system. If your school does not allocate enough oompf to the stream, you get crap and lots of buffering. Then your provider has to have the capacity to handle a large # of viewers for big games.

If there is one "No" in the system, then the whole thing falls apart. Plus, your location better have decent cameras with good / HD resolution. Otherwise, you look like you're getting a broadcast from Mars.

gfmorris
08-23-2015, 01:31 AM
If their tech is better than "this is the game you watch", I'll be happy. I'm also really curious to see the package pricing, specifically the team-specific stuff. I may do UAH-only this year, as my new marriage and job are going to preclude me from spending as much time watching random league games.

I'm curious to see if production values go up around the league, and I'm looking at my alma mater when I say that. I'm aware that our data connection is strapped thanks to our landlords, but we're also running bare-bones on the production end while running zero advertising to make the product revenue-positive. At least our alcoholic incumbent is gone and we have a real announcer coming for 15-16.

GFM

FadeToBlack&Gold
08-23-2015, 10:31 AM
At least our alcoholic incumbent is gone and we have a real announcer coming for 15-16.

I didn't know Mitch Lake had a brother in Huntsville. :D

gfmorris
08-23-2015, 12:18 PM
I didn't know Mitch Lake had a brother in Huntsville. :D

I'm presuming that your man knows something about hockey. Chris Davis does not.

GFM

stuckinwi
08-24-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm presuming that your man knows something about hockey. Chris Davis does not.

GFM

Hockey know how be ****ed, I'll just settle for a guy that doesn't yell at fans about penalty calls during the run of play...

gfmorris
08-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Hockey know how be ****ed, I'll just settle for a guy that doesn't yell at fans about penalty calls during the run of play...

He's one of a kind.

GFM

JohnsonsJerseys
08-24-2015, 01:43 PM
He's one of a kind.
GFM
Know what else is one of a kind? That Seabrook jersey over there... Yeah, let's talk about that for a while on air.
:D
Ryan J

gfmorris
08-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Know what else is one of a kind? That Seabrook jersey over there... Yeah, let's talk about that for a while on air.
:D
Ryan J

I hate doing games, but when I saw just how bad it was, I offered to replace him. What a mess. But now we have a professional TV guy that's done some ACHA work coming in to do it. I'm hopeful.

GFM

rustedblades
09-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Not sure how I got here but I found this WCHA TV portal. There is nothing on WCHA.com yet.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wcha/

It looks like individual games are $7.99, day passes are $9.99 and a season pass is $129.99

Pricing is better than last year. Here's for hoping the product is too!

Let's play hockey!!!

gfmorris
09-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Not sure how I got here but I found this WCHA TV portal. There is nothing on WCHA.com yet.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wcha/

It looks like individual games are $7.99, day passes are $9.99 and a season pass is $129.99

Pricing is better than last year. Here's for hoping the product is too!

Let's play hockey!!!

That doesn't have a team pass, so it's probably not done.

GFM

JohnsonsJerseys
09-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech posted that the single team season pass will be $90 which is $40 less than the full league pass. However, the single team pass DOES NOT INCLUDE the WCHA playoffs and Final Five which is included with the full league package, even if your team is playing in those games. So unless you plan to finish 9th or 10th, there seems to be very little upside to the single team option.
http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/sports/mice/2015-16/releases/20150914vce80c
Ryan J

Critical Thinker
09-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Too bad they don't have some kind of option where you can watch all your team's away games. There's no point in paying $90 to watch the 12 or so BG road games when I can pay $40 more to watch everything.

JohnsonsJerseys
09-15-2015, 10:53 AM
Not really WCHA.TV related, but the auto-scaling feature of the WCHA website it already annoying. I have a larger monitor so that I can see more content on screen at once while I browse, not so I can see the website in 200pt font. I'm not that old...
The auto-scroll feature will be my next request for a feature to disable. When I want to go all the way to the bottom of the page I'll move the scroll wheel myself. And I'm not paying more than $5 for parking... *cane tap*

Sincerely,
Old Folks Everywhere (at least those who use Chrome)