Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1415/201508/aug5wcm.php

Does anyone know anything about Stretch Internet. Hopefully they are better than Eversport! I was not at all impressed with their performance (or lack of) last season!

Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

A lot of D-III teams use it. Works fine. But it all depends on bandwidth at the site and camera quality.
    Last edited by joecct; 08-10-2015, 06:31 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It will all come down to cost for the fans. I can't imagine they'd make it much more expensive than other league streaming options.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

SCSU used stretch Internet their last season before nchc tv. It was AWFUL.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

BSU's D-II sports conference, the NSIC, has used Stretch Internet to show NSIC games for free. I have never had any problems when I have watched a game.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            SCSU used stretch Internet their last season before nchc tv. It was AWFUL.
            Was it the Stretch feed that was awful or was the product SCSU gave to Stretch bad? Stretch doesn't hire announcers, producers, camera operators or any of the production crews. They simply provide a platform to enhance and retransmit the product they get from the client.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Was it the Stretch feed that was awful or was the product SCSU gave to Stretch bad? Stretch doesn't hire announcers, producers, camera operators or any of the production crews. They simply provide a platform to enhance and retransmit the product they get from the client.
              UAA used Stretch for a couple of seasons (that was when it was free). It wasn't substantially better than anything else and suffered the same sort of awful buffering that puts you 5 mins or more behind by the end of the game.

Comment

It's all a function of bandwidth and the # of users in the system. If your school does not allocate enough oompf to the stream, you get crap and lots of buffering. Then your provider has to have the capacity to handle a large # of viewers for big games.

If there is one "No" in the system, then the whole thing falls apart. Plus, your location better have decent cameras with good / HD resolution. Otherwise, you look like you're getting a broadcast from Mars.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If their tech is better than "this is the game you watch", I'll be happy. I'm also really curious to see the package pricing, specifically the team-specific stuff. I may do UAH-only this year, as my new marriage and job are going to preclude me from spending as much time watching random league games.

I'm curious to see if production values go up around the league, and I'm looking at my alma mater when I say that. I'm aware that our data connection is strapped thanks to our landlords, but we're also running bare-bones on the production end while running zero advertising to make the product revenue-positive. At least our alcoholic incumbent is gone and we have a real announcer coming for 15-16.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    At least our alcoholic incumbent is gone and we have a real announcer coming for 15-16.
                    I didn't know Mitch Lake had a brother in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I didn't know Mitch Lake had a brother in Huntsville.
                      I'm presuming that your man knows something about hockey. Chris Davis does not.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm presuming that your man knows something about hockey. Chris Davis does not.

GFM
                        Hockey know how be ****ed, I'll just settle for a guy that doesn't yell at fans about penalty calls during the run of play...
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                          Hockey know how be ****ed, I'll just settle for a guy that doesn't yell at fans about penalty calls during the run of play...
                          He's one of a kind.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

He's one of a kind.
                            GFM
                            Know what else is one of a kind? That Seabrook jersey over there... Yeah, let's talk about that for a while on air.

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Know what else is one of a kind? That Seabrook jersey over there... Yeah, let's talk about that for a while on air.

Ryan J
                              I hate doing games, but when I saw just how bad it was, I offered to replace him. What a mess. But now we have a professional TV guy that's done some ACHA work coming in to do it. I'm hopeful.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                              X