New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    Exhibition or not, I was hoping to watch a little college hockey tonight also. I believe you said you were going to try to stream to a 42" TV? Can you let me know how that works if you try it? Still trying to decide whether or not to buy a new laptop to do the same thing, or just sticking with the old laptop on a 27" monitor.
    I did it last season. Used either my tablet or the laptop with an HDMI cable. Works great.

Comment

Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

I also had good success last year using a Chromecast. I'd pull up the game on one of my machines in Chrome and throw it across my WiFi network. If you do it with a laptop, it will get things pretty hot.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I also had good success last year using a Chromecast. I'd pull up the game on one of my machines in Chrome and throw it across my WiFi network. If you do it with a laptop, it will get things pretty hot.

GFM
        Thanks for the information gfmorris and pdt1081.

Comment

Exhibition or not, I was hoping to watch a little college hockey tonight also. I believe you said you were going to try to stream to a 42" TV? Can you let me know how that works if you try it? Still trying to decide whether or not to buy a new laptop to do the same thing, or just sticking with the old laptop on a 27" monitor.
          I will be using my Kindle. I already tested the connection to my TV via micro-HDMI cable, and it works. My only question at this point is, what is the quality going to be like? Guess I'll find out tonight.

Comment

Shirtless and I are going to do some testing tonight. I'll have some time since I get to stay up late so I can fly the Space Station on Sunday night.

GFM <— will know that he's won when he gets the boys downstairs to put WCHA TV up on the big video board
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Are the exhibition games free or PPV?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Are the exhibition games free or PPV?
                Per WCHA Twitter, it looks like the exhibition and intrasquad games this weekend are free.

Comment

I wouldn't expect things to go off without a hitch or two as they switch over to the new system. The fact they're putting a disclaimer on each feed saying as much tells me there's going to be some hiccups.
                  Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Well, the fact that the service apparently uses/requires Flash rules out using the Kindle to stream.

Good video quality from LSSU, but bad latency - choppy.

Comment

Latency issues appear to have been fixed. Very smooth now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Well, the fact that the service apparently uses/requires Flash rules out using the Kindle to stream.

Good video quality from LSSU, but bad latency - choppy.
                        The video is available on iOS devices which means Flash isn't a requirement. It's probably served by different plugins depending on the device.
                        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Latency issues appear to have been fixed. Very smooth now.
                          The video at Lake State always seemed to be blurry the last 5-7 years, but I thought it was much better today once the game got going.

Comment

The video at Lake State always seemed to be blurry the last 5-7 years, but I thought it was much better today once the game got going.
                            I'm hoping that both LSSU and UAH got better camera setups for this year. We were the two non-HD schools last year, as I recall.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I can't believe I'm watching the Huskies feed just to try out the new WCHA.tv.

So far, no issues streaming the Huskies logo and the pep-band noise from the iPad to the AppleTV. Airplay is working well.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yikes. MTU needs to re-white balance the cameras. Feed is okay. Little bit of a stutter to it when lots of camera motion, but fairly good. There is pixelation to it, as if it's being over compressed. Not sure if that's how MTU is pumping it out or if that's being re-compressed by Stretch.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X