UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Huge win tonight. Guerriero came up big to keep the boys in it. Gosselin was just stellar out there, player great defense and scored his first two goals of his career. This is definitely a win that could spark boys down the road. Feels great to come out with a win like this tonight, lets finish them off tomorrow. Go Chargers!

Comment

Btw, Thank you Cody Marooney!!

Comment

Congrats UAH fans. Your team never quit when they were down.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Congrats UAH fans. Your team never quit when they were down.
          I have to say you guys have improved a lot since last season, the kid you brought in from Maine is lethal when he has the puck. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
            I have to say you guys have improved a lot since last season, the kid you brought in from Maine is lethal when he has the puck. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Congrats to your team indeed for never giving up. Much respect.

I think both teams are quite a bit better than they were a year ago. If either team gets goaltending like they did last year it very well could catapult them up the standings this year. Our goalie is really struggling right now and Carmine doesn't look the same but he did make some timely huge saves tonight.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              Congrats to your team indeed for never giving up. Much respect.

I think both teams are quite a bit better than they were a year ago. If either team gets goaltending like they did last year it very well could catapult them up the standings this year. Our goalie is really struggling right now and Carmine doesn't look the same but he did make some timely huge saves tonight.
              Watching the game tonight we struggled defensively particularly towards the end of the period. When you guys scored the third goal the guy was all alone, complete defensive breakdown Carmine had no chance... I would agree Carmine has been shaky the first few weeks, but we rely heavily on our defense and so far it hasn't been great. I think this season is really up for grabs. I expect both teams to really try to buckle down defensively tomorrow night.

Comment

How sweep it is! Matt deserved a turn with Carmine not playing his best, and then he comes out and does the first blank-job since Cam Talbot in March 2010. The defense kept him from having to make scads of Grade A chances — better than Carmine was getting earlier. I'm not sure how LSSU out-shot UAH by that much, but I'll take any 5-0 wins.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Congratulations on the sweep.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    How sweep it is! Matt deserved a turn with Carmine not playing his best, and then he comes out and does the first blank-job since Cam Talbot in March 2010. The defense kept him from having to make scads of Grade A chances — better than Carmine was getting earlier. I'm not sure how LSSU out-shot UAH by that much, but I'll take any 5-0 wins.

GFM
                    It appeared the Lakers just started firing away on each power play -- they didn't seem to be shots that Larose shouldn't be able to see. They didn't seem to get so many shots with 5-on-5. Larose did a great job.

And ten goals on the weekend, even without Saulnier missing a game? It's as if we have offensive weapons now or something.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                      It appeared the Lakers just started firing away on each power play -- they didn't seem to be shots that Larose shouldn't be able to see. They didn't seem to get so many shots with 5-on-5. Larose did a great job.

And ten goals on the weekend, even without Saulnier missing a game? It's as if we have offensive weapons now or something.
                      Yes, the Lakers got a lot of shots on the PP Saturday. What they didn't do was get a lot of traffic in front of Larose to screen him and/or create deflections, so he was able to see the shots. I thought Carmine faced more tougher shots on Friday.

Comment

Wasn't able to catch the games this weekend, but the Herd certainly had a big sweep. Any reason Houcher wasn't in the lineup? Also, is there a timetable on the Fletcher injury? And man, awesome to see Gosselin have a nice weekend. He'll be a staple on D now I'm assuming, probably knocking Champagne out of the top 6.
                        Last edited by GetOutDaKitchin; 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                          Wasn't able to catch the games this weekend, but the Herd certainly had a big sweep. Any reason Houcher wasn't in the lineup? Also, is there a timetable on the Fletcher injury? And man, awesome to see Gosselin have a nice weekend. He'll be a staple on D now I'm assuming, probably knocking Fletcher out of the top 6.

Looks like Gosselin has knocked out Champagne for a starting job, Gosselin plays a very smart defensive game as well. I was very impressed with his game, Buri had a strong weekend as well. Not sure about Fletcher or Houcher.

Comment

Up front, Houcher and Fletcher in, Prince and Soquila out. Back end, Champagne in and Carlson out. Having Carlson out is surprising. Wonder if these substitutions are a case of injuries and health, week-to-week fluctuations coming from competition in practice, or a combination of both. Either way, Corbett's formula seems to be working. Going to be a good one tonight! Go Chargers!

Comment

I expect that Carlson is just losing out to Gosselin and not Champagne. Handedness is a factor here.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Makes sense. Champagne in there keeps things balanced. Maybe Carlson will find his way into the lineup at forward in a bottom six role on a more regular basis...

Comment

Working...
                                X