RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Bubela was a member of the Slovakian national team. It is feasible that he has signed a professional deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Bubela was a member of the Slovakian national team. It is feasible that he has signed a professional deal.
      If he did it hasn't shown up online as far as I can tell.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It would be a huge bummer if Milos didn't come back. We already have trouble with offense. Losing three of our top four point scorers from last year doesn't look good.

Not that losing Bokenfohr isn't also sad. Back when I was a student, he was one of the only guys on the team that would say "hi" every time we passed in the halls.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Before or after taxes?
          Private wager in cash between individuals; no taxes involved

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            IMHO Bubela would be a big loss. B4, not so much.

Edit: I wonder if Cam's chuckle indicated that SA had long known that Dillon wasn't going to college and he (Hackett) had already committed unofficially to RPI.
            Appert's an expert recruiter. I'm sure he always has an ace up his sleeve.

Now if only the same could be said when it comes to bench coaching, there wouldn't be a reason for such pessimism...

Comment

Milos is gone, as in gone? Yuck!
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                Milos is gone, as in gone? Yuck!
                Ouch, that hurts. He was one of my favorite engineers. He was fun to watch.
                Any word on where he went?
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

I learned a long time ago not to get hung up on who was and who was not at the golf outing. Often times there are legitimate reasons for it and more often than not it's much ado about nothing.

That said, Lou Nanne also was not at the outing.
                  Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I didn’t see Milos there but just thought I overlooked him. Hope he’s still with the Team. Shame if he’s not. 1 year away from that sheepskin. Edit; I say 1 year but I have no idea how well he’s done academically.
                    Although he didn't make the ECAC All-Academic team he made the RPI Dean's list in the spring. Thus if he has left it is not for academic reasons. See http://rpi.meritpages.com/achievemen...&submit=Update and page down many times.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally posted by realet View Post
                      I learned a long time ago not to get hung up on who was and who was not at the golf outing. Often times there are legitimate reasons for it and more often than not it's much ado about nothing.

Nanne was back in MN as the guest speaker at

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post

Agreed. It is still fresh in the minds of many the words, “he’s at a family wedding” so I get the concerns. Half the Seniors weren’t present although Schroeder is here.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I asked some of the players when they had gotten back to town, most said "yesterday" (Sunday). When I asked where Milos was, they said he was "home" and would arrive next week. To be taken with a grain of salt or a spoonful of sugar.
                          Originally posted by moe24
                          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                            I asked some of the players when they had gotten back to town, most said "yesterday" (Sunday). When I asked where Milos was, they said he was "home" and would arrive next week. To be taken with a grain of salt or a spoonful of sugar.
                            How about with an Advil?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If anyone is in Troy, they could check the HFH to see if the Slovakian flag is still hanging.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                How about with an Advil?
                                Hell, take it with your Geritol or Ensure, but not with Metamucil.
                                Originally posted by moe24
                                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X