RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2015-16 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

Today is 5 August 2015. There are 59 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      So RPI originally had games scheduled for Friday and Saturday - and now, because Quinnipiac wants to play Harvard at a neutral site, RPI will not play on either Friday or Saturday?

I'm not sure in what universe this makes any sense, but I guess if I want to make my annual pilgrimage to the RPI-Princeton game, I'd better figure on making it on a Thursday.
      To be fair, we did ask Harvard and Dartmouth to reschedule to make room for the first Mayor's Cup. And it wasn't a Beanpot weekend, either.

As much as these special events will stray from the uniformity of our league's schedule, they give a unique opportunity to promote the league (I assume on a national stage this time, although early instances of Red Hot Hockey did not get national TV) and generate revenue for its members.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Wow, I want some of what you're drinking.
        Welcome to RPI, where we berate fans for having mere optimism.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The men's team finally has a twitter feed (@RPI_Hockey), and you can also follow them on snapchat at the same name.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Welcome to RPI, where we berate fans for having mere optimism.
            ...or pessimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              So RPI originally had games scheduled for Friday and Saturday - and now, because Quinnipiac wants to play Harvard at a neutral site, RPI will not play on either Friday or Saturday?

I'm not sure in what universe this makes any sense, but I guess if I want to make my annual pilgrimage to the RPI-Princeton game, I'd better figure on making it on a Thursday.
              On the bright side. The attendance for Princeton games in general can be rather meager. The RPI game is almost always a near sell out. With the game being held on a Thursday, you can expect lots of the season ticket holders who have gobbled up most of the seats between the blue lines to be no shows. There should be ample opportunity to buy a ticket and sort of upgrade between periods to better locations. It would even be nicer if this game was held at 4PM since several of the local establishments have special menu items and prices for Thursday dinners and are far less crowded. Hopefully the construction around their indoor parking for Baker Rink is nearing completion (it has only been going on for about 7 years) which would make getting in and out for the game much easier.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                ...or pessimism.
                If you think that's why you get berated, you are dead wrong. Which is normal, of course.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I just had a thought, is there anywhere that lists the results (or even just dates) of all RPI's nationally televised games?
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

While I was up @ Lake Placid this week watching the WJR Evaluation Camp I was looking up at the rafters where they have all the ECAC Team banners (shape of the Team sweater) with League Titles won. I was kind of shocked to see Dartmouth has never won the League title. Tried getting the attention of our own Joe Yeardon, who is doing the games for fasthockey I believe but no luck......look down Joe!!
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      If you think that's why you get berated, you are dead wrong. Which is normal, of course.
                      It may not be the reason now, but it was certainly the reason you started. Going to put another stupid tag about me, or is comparing me to Hokeydope enough?

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        I just had a thought, is there anywhere that lists the results (or even just dates) of all RPI's nationally televised games?
                        Do we even have a TV schedule, whether regional or national? It'd be cool if they televised the Mayor's Cup on TWCS at least...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Do we even have a TV schedule, whether regional or national? It'd be cool if they televised the Mayor's Cup on TWCS at least...
                          I meant like, in the past.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Today is 6 August 2015. There are 58 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              I meant like, in the past.
                              Ah. I don't think we played national TV last year. And no, I'm not counting NBC's icebreaker streams. Regional TV I don't recall, there may have been one or two, like Freakout. It'd be nice if CHS were to mark whether it was a TV game.

Comment

Happy IPA Day to one and all!
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X