Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Completely outplayed for the first 2 periods. Couldn't complete a pass for anything. Came to life in the 3rd, but it wasn't enough. Get the W tomorrow in Geneseo, and 3 puts is NOT a bad result on this particular road trip.
    A 3 putt is usually a bad result

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2015-16 - Bob's 27th work in progress ...

Well, just back from the west and it wasn't the outcome I had hoped for. Having said that, I still feel pretty good going into second semester 8-1-1. Lots of hockey to be played yet, several home games at that and also injuries given time to heal. All will be good in the Cardinal nest.

Comment

The Geneseo loss doesn't hurt as bad as a tie to Brockport. But once again, Cards go down 0-2 early in a game only to come back. This time there just wasn't enough time to make another come back. The loss of Emmerling in the Geneseo game was beyond huge. (I still want to see the replay of that "charge"). We can debate the "officiating" on the weekend till we are blue in the face, but you just can't put yourself in those positions. The game winner Saturday night was simply a seeing eye shot that Finny had zero chance on.

8-1-1 with the Lake Ontario and Rochester trips out of the way is decent news. The Lake Erie trip at the end of January will have its challenge, and by no means is Plattsburgh in the drivers seat. The biggest thing will be how Plattsburgh rebounds after their first loss. I've always been a firm believer in its not how you win, but how you come back after a loss (see Potsdam). Some tough NC road games coming up. I'm not sure we've yet to see Plattsburgh play a full 60 minute game, but they CAN NOT keep doing this "come from behind" first period slop we've come all to familiar with. The offence has been a pleasant surprise, but in doing so has sacrificed the defense. Speaking of defense, with all due respect, Engvall should not see the ice anymore until he can get up to DIII speed. His big body, reach, and hard shot does NOT out weigh his skating liability. His lack of ability to recover was a direct result in a few goals scored in both the Oswego game and Geneseo game (and that doesn't count the amount of saves that have bailed him out on more). Unless Taff or Ragone are injured, Engvall needs to be in the stands until his feet catch up with the game. I like the heart of the team coming back so many times, which is why I'm not overly concerned about the loss. But Plattsburgh can not "give away" points in the second half now. Geneseo is right there, Oswego starting to make a push, Potsdam has/had a decent goaltender, and still have the Fredonia/Buff St trip.

With the rest of DIII having a "down" year, 8-1-1 is still a great record to end the 1st semester with. It ends on a sour note, but it could be just what Plattsburgh needs to flip that switch we normally don't see till they are down 0-2.....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Looking ahead.......Gavin Yates 5 10" 160 lbs from the USPHL premier to Platty as/their committs page... so far this yr 15gp 8g 5 a for 13tp

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            The Geneseo loss doesn't hurt as bad as a tie to Brockport. But once again, Cards go down 0-2 early in a game only to come back. This time there just wasn't enough time to make another come back. The loss of Emmerling in the Geneseo game was beyond huge. (I still want to see the replay of that "charge"). We can debate the "officiating" on the weekend till we are blue in the face, but you just can't put yourself in those positions. The game winner Saturday night was simply a seeing eye shot that Finny had zero chance on.

8-1-1 with the Lake Ontario and Rochester trips out of the way is decent news. The Lake Erie trip at the end of January will have its challenge, and by no means is Plattsburgh in the drivers seat. The biggest thing will be how Plattsburgh rebounds after their first loss. I've always been a firm believer in its not how you win, but how you come back after a loss (see Potsdam). Some tough NC road games coming up. I'm not sure we've yet to see Plattsburgh play a full 60 minute game, but they CAN NOT keep doing this "come from behind" first period slop we've come all to familiar with. The offence has been a pleasant surprise, but in doing so has sacrificed the defense. Speaking of defense, with all due respect, Engvall should not see the ice anymore until he can get up to DIII speed. His big body, reach, and hard shot does NOT out weigh his skating liability. His lack of ability to recover was a direct result in a few goals scored in both the Oswego game and Geneseo game (and that doesn't count the amount of saves that have bailed him out on more). Unless Taff or Ragone are injured, Engvall needs to be in the stands until his feet catch up with the game. I like the heart of the team coming back so many times, which is why I'm not overly concerned about the loss. But Plattsburgh can not "give away" points in the second half now. Geneseo is right there, Oswego starting to make a push, Potsdam has/had a decent goaltender, and still have the Fredonia/Buff St trip.

With the rest of DIII having a "down" year, 8-1-1 is still a great record to end the 1st semester with. It ends on a sour note, but it could be just what Plattsburgh needs to flip that switch we normally don't see till they are down 0-2.....
            You may be right. Taff is injured I heard so hopefully he will be back soon along with forward, O'Quinn, injured. Yes, need to tighten up on D. but like you said, this team has a lot of heart and skill as we know. I think they will take their loss, suck it up and move on when they return on New Year's Day. Side note, Emerling was a BIG loss to the team on Saturday in MHO.

Comment

For those keeping track of the Athletic Director search, both Assistant AD Stephanie Dutton and Women's Basketball HC [also an Assistant AD and Senior Woman Administrator] Cheryl Cole are sharing the Interim Athletic Director title, per the Athletics webpage. I'm thinking they should have a full replacement named by the end of Spring semester. I'm personally rooting for Stephanie [if she wants it], but I am admittedly biased...

Comment

Can we have the artificial noisemakers back?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
                  Can we have the artificial noisemakers back?
                  Maybe some other things will change as well. Some of them long overdue.

GO CARDS !!!

Comment

Well,I have heard that there are 4 candidates from outside for the job. So, we will see. On another note, are you ready for some hockey?? New Year's weekend is fast approaching!! Go Cards!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds View Post
                      Well,I have heard that there are 4 candidates from outside for the job. So, we will see. On another note, are you ready for some hockey?? New Year's weekend is fast approaching!! Go Cards!!
                      Ready for hockey???? Can't wait

GO CARDS

Comment

No TV for game 1 of the tournament?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          No TV for game 1 of the tournament?
                          After seeing the jerseys Plattsburgh is wearing tonight I almost wish they would video broadcast the first game and skip the Plattsburgh game.....
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            After seeing the jerseys Plattsburgh is wearing tonight I almost wish they would video broadcast the first game and skip the Plattsburgh game.....
                            Tennessee Tuxedo?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Tennessee Tuxedo?
                              They couldn't sell all the last jerseys in an auction, I don't know how they plan on selling these. Better hope the parents all show up.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Congrats to Dillan Fox, whose hockey goal against Norwich during the Primelink Great Northern Shootout, was voted Top Play of The Year by WPTZ Channel 5 ! Great job,Dillan!

Comment

Working...
                                X