http://beantownclassic.com/events/womens-classic/

RBK is stacked! (with Stack mind you)

Looking forward to the event.

Re: Beantown Women's Classic July 23-27

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
    RBK is stacked
    Holy hell.... alol

I'll be there Sunday, anyone else?

I predict that the BC team will lose to the Harvard team in the semifinal and not get a chance at a title.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I predict that the BC team will lose to the Harvard team in the semifinal and not get a chance at a title.
      And I still won't get my hat trick hat back from TTT.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        And I still won't get my hat trick hat back from TTT.
        I still have it!! Hahaha

You gotta give me your address so I can mail it before the season. Shoot me a message on Facebook.

Comment

I still have it!! Hahaha

You gotta give me your address so I can mail it before the season. Shoot me a message on Facebook.
          I don't think I'd want Tony knowing where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            I don't think I'd want Tony knowing where I live.
            Given CrazyDave has the foresight to carry a special hat trick hat, he probably also has a special address that he gives out to the Tony's of the world.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

the website is pretty pathetic. with all the people behind the tables they couldn't update scores or enter the team names in the brackets?

even worse, they put RBK vs Harvard in a reject rink in Franklin. does anyone think that people would want to see these elite players play? why they weren't on rink 1 is a real head scratcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                the website is pretty pathetic. with all the people behind the tables they couldn't update scores or enter the team names in the brackets?

even worse, they put RBK vs Harvard in a reject rink in Franklin. does anyone think that people would want to see these elite players play? why they weren't on rink 1 is a real head scratcher.
                Yes, it was odd that they did not Have RBK in rink 1 or 2 for every game and promote the games. Most people did not when they played. And most people were not aware of the tryout teams for the new Semi pro women's league that was going on. They had a captured audience and did not promote watching that either.
                Pass the puck

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                  Yes, it was odd that they did not Have RBK in rink 1 or 2 for every game and promote the games. Most people did not when they played. And most people were not aware of the tryout teams for the new Semi pro women's league that was going on. They had a captured audience and did not promote watching that either.
                  The primary purpose of this showcase (like all showcases) is to provide college coach exposure for players in high school in an environment that facilitates the mot coaches seeing the most players. To do that, the organizers generally put the high school games/players on center stage in the building with the most rinks so the coaches don't have to drive from rink to rink to see kids they are interested in (coaches having to drive around from game to game is one of the things that killed the Chowder Cup (which this showcase replaced) and the Polar Bear tournament). The college and post college age teams/games are only there for revenue generation for the showcase. If you want to watch college players play, go to college games!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                    The primary purpose of this showcase (like all showcases) is to provide college coach exposure for players in high school in an environment that facilitates the mot coaches seeing the most players. To do that, the organizers generally put the high school games/players on center stage in the building with the most rinks so the coaches don't have to drive from rink to rink to see kids they are interested in (coaches having to drive around from game to game is one of the things that killed the Chowder Cup (which this showcase replaced) and the Polar Bear tournament). The college and post college age teams/games are only there for revenue generation for the showcase. If you want to watch college players play, go to college games!
                    /|\
                    .|
                    .|
                    .|
                    This

Comment

Perfect explanation. It's why the little kids and many of the B division games were played in other rinks. What makes the Beantown very good is the exposure. What makes the exposure so good is putting the girls the colleges want to see in one location.
                      It's tough to schedule 180 teams. Kelly K. did a very good job!
                      Last edited by BCAlum; 07-27-2015, 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                        If you paid attention you would have noticed the all teams involved in the NWHL games were co-located on the same pad at the main facility on Friday. I think it would be up to the NWHL to promote this.

As another poster indicated, by and large it was the AAA Futures division that was playing in the main facility, and lets face it, that is the target group that drives this showcase. That division had 70 plus teams in it, almost half the whole tournament. The A-playoffs were at the main facility. Aside from logistics, I'm sure that was with the scouts in mind as well. Scouts don't have time to travel from rink to rink after each game, and it is important to them that they can talk to the senior players they are interested in after their last game. Those interested in the younger groups (prep scouts for example), could easily find those groups in other rinks, often grouped in bunches by division at certain facilities.
                        Last edited by OnMAA; 07-27-2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

If you want to watch college players play, go to college games!
                          Very good point. Many on here lament the lack of audiences at College games. In my experience the College aged players go to these summer tourneys to have fun, and play with former club team mates, friends and so on in a relaxed atmosphere.

Comment

/|\
                            .|
                            .|
                            .|
                            This
                            Really you two? They aren't college girls they're Olympians. There were only four teams worth watching at the "college" level and I believe only one game in round robin that included any of them. The tournament organizers can't fit one game on rink 1? Almost all the people in the building that had nothing to do would have watched that game...including the younger girls.

It's not every day people (including kids) get to see players at the top of their sport play. They get to see the skill that is needed and may even try to emulate one or two of them.
                            Your "go to a college game" argument is weak. it's Olympians people want to see. not u19's.

Grant, what if you went to the Capital Grille to watch Dizzy Gillespie while a 7th grader played to 100 people at the Boston Garden because they thought Gillespie was already accomplished enough and would be fine at the Capital Grille. Kind of a waste for the people that want to see a true player.

as for HockeyEast33, I have no idea who you are and hopefully never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                              Really you two? They aren't college girls they're Olympians. There were only four teams worth watching at the "college" level and I believe only one game in round robin that included any of them. The tournament organizers can't fit one game on rink 1? Almost all the people in the building that had nothing to do would have watched that game...including the younger girls.

It's not every day people (including kids) get to see players at the top of their sport play. They get to see the skill that is needed and may even try to emulate one or two of them.
                              Your "go to a college game" argument is weak. it's Olympians people want to see. not u19's.

Grant, what if you went to the Capital Grille to watch Dizzy Gillespie while a 7th grader played to 100 people at the Boston Garden because they thought Gillespie was already accomplished enough and would be fine at the Capital Grille. Kind of a waste for the people that want to see a true player.

as for HockeyEast33, I have no idea who you are and hopefully never will.
                              First of all there were plenty of good College teams playing at the main rink, including on pad one and two, the two premier locations in the 6 pad facility. This included Team RBK, Team Celine, NAHA and the Jets. All teams stocked with good players. All the NWHL teams were playing BOTH their games in the main facility on Friday. Last I checked those teams did pretty well in the event, and saw several notes of players being 'signed' during the Beantown event.

All the college playoffs for the good teams (FOUR rounds) were at the main facility. This means teams that got to the final played four or more games in the main facility, and they finished the final while the other events were still in the early playoff rounds. as the college division finished a day earlier than the other divisions. Point is plenty of options for the younger players to watch some real good games.

and to close, you missed the main point we were trying to make.....The customers driving this tourney are the AAA teams and the attendance of the college scouts...Was a showcase tourneys organizer myself for many years.... this is the crowd you cater to if you want your tourney to be a success.
                              Last edited by OnMAA; 07-28-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X