X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Time certainly travels fast. It seemed like only a month or so ago that DrD was telling me about the father.
    That’s why I asked. I know Doc has talked in the past about Dowd Sr. from Brick T’Ship & of course the NJ Devils.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Out of curiosity Doc, have you seen or heard anything on young Jimmy Dowd? I’m assuming (I know) this is his son from the NJ Jr. Titans http://naphl.com/nahl/downloads/1516...-ot-sports.pdf
      Know the family well. His aunt (Maureen) actually was my attending nurse when i was hospitalized at brick hospital in January 2011. Ralph knows how I tried to influence the senior Dowd to come to RPI and although he would have been phenomenal there (can you imagine him alongside Joey Juneau?), academically he was not even close and you just could not raise his SAT scores enough although god knows everything was tried. Young Jimmy I believe is only 15 or 16 and rather small in stature. Have seen him skate lots of times but not in any recent games. I have been around hockey long enough to know talent but my ability to predict how well a kid this age will do down the road is not my forte. If genetics count for anything, he has a lot going for him. But you got my interest u and we will make it a quest to see what we can come up with. NJ has always been a fairly decent breeding ground for hockey and although it took us some time to realize that in Troy, we now have several NJ products and they are not disappointing so far.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Time certainly travels fast. It seemed like only a month or so ago that DrD was telling me about the father.
        I agree RB. It seems like you and i were just messaging each other about the senior Dowd and some of the others from the Brick hockey program which in the 80's was the state powerhouse. Even the girls were exceptional as Cindy Acropolis showed in her 4 years at the 'tute'. Brick has lost lots of the luster over the years as NJ clamped down on kids using a local address but living elsewhere just to play here along with the competition from a new second high school being built.

Comment

That’s why I asked. I know Doc has talked in the past about Dowd Sr. from Brick T’Ship & of course the NJ Devils.
          Dowd senior has had his share of difficulties in the past couple years but no need to elaborate here. Having been in practice here for over 40 years and starting when the township only had 11,000 residents (now we are over 100,000) it was easy to get to know just about everyone. Two years ago we had a kid who really seemed to be destined for Division I (Andrew Reiss) but i have totally lost track of where he is and what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Young Jimmy I believe is only 15 or 16 and rather small in stature. Have seen him skate lots of times but not in any recent games.
            Correct on both accounts. According tot he roster which turk linked at 5'8", he is 5" shorter than the next shortest d-man on that all-star squad.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, the Estevan Bruins played and lost a basketball game against the senior boys and girls teams from a local HS. I don't know if Manley played. https://www.instagram.com/p/-xkfWcxkJY/
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Dowd senior has had his share of difficulties in the past couple years but no need to elaborate here. Having been in practice here for over 40 years and starting when the township only had 11,000 residents (now we are over 100,000) it was easy to get to know just about everyone. Two years ago we had a kid who really seemed to be destined for Division I (Andrew Reiss) but i have totally lost track of where he is and what he is doing.
                Both Reiss & his mate from Brick, David Kearns are playing Tier 3 for the Jersey Shore Whalers. Weiss has pretty much been a goal-a-game scorer the last 2 years. Kearns has also been a very successful scoring D-man while there..... http://www.tier3juniorhockey.com/skater-leaders.html
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Wednesday's games

Bendorf If it is like the game on 11/18, a highlights link will appear here http://www.hunschool.org/page/Team-D...el=2015+-+2016
                  Fornaris http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=2710816

I will post summaries whenever.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Both Reiss & his mate from Brick, David Kearns are playing Tier 3 for the Jersey Shore Whalers. Weiss has pretty much been a goal-a-game scorer the last 2 years. Kearns has also been a very successful scoring D-man while there..... http://www.tier3juniorhockey.com/skater-leaders.html
                    Thank you Turk! i thought Reiss was a super Division I candidate. Not big, fairly quick but he just has the knack for the net. Saw him score 5 goals while in high school-all in one period!!! (6 for the game) Academics did not seem to be a problem. Kearns we know also through his family (actually Jen knows them well). I thought both deserved a look but no one came down from Troy. Their coach here, Bob Auriemma has just started his 53rd year as coach of the Brick team. A legend in this area.

Comment

Found a goalie for next year. Chase Perry. Was at CC last year. NHL draft pick.

https://***********/cperry35/status/672149540472881152

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                        Found a goalie for next year. Chase Perry. Was at CC last year. NHL draft pick.

https://***********/cperry35/status/672149540472881152
                        That is most interesting. I was just wondering who the next goalie will be.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

His CC page http://www.cctigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3318

His Wenatchee page http://esportsdesk.com/leagues/roste...D=441298&pos=G

His BCHL page http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...ayerID=1349240

I am not going to Elite Prospects since I had trouble with that site recently. It should be here www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183537
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-02-2015, 08:50 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

article when Perry left CC http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/nchc...roit-red-wings
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hockey's Future http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/chase-perry/

A lot of stuff there including

Talent Analysis

Perry has a large frame that allows him to naturally cover a good deal of the net but his athleticism is what really shines. He is nimble and sticks with a play no matter how many shots he faces. Like most young goaltenders he needs to improve his technical skills.

Future

Perry completed his first season of college hockey at Colorado College in 2014-15. Projecting a ceiling for young goaltenders is difficult, especially when they have played at relatively low levels of hockey. Long-term Perry's tools and skill set suggest he has professional potential one day. How he develops over his next three seasons of college hockey will give a better indication of his true potential.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                                 # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown
                                 9 Cory Babichuk       LD 11/02/14 CAC Gregg Distributors (AMHL)   2017  09/28/98 5'10" 160 Edmonton, AB
                                21 Jon Bendorf         LW 08/15/15 Team Comcast 18U (AYHL)         2018  02/26/99 6'00" 185 Hamilton, NJ
                                21                                 The Hun School
                                27 Todd Burgess         C 04/14/14 Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)       2016  04/03/96 6'02" 185 Phoenix, AZ
                                20 Austin Cho          LD 02/24/14 Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)       16/17 05/19/97 6'01" 190 Mississauga, ON
                                19 Carlos Fornaris      C 02/13/13 Topeka RoadRunners (NAHL)       2016  02/17/95 5'09" 176 Miami FL
                                20 Jacob Hayhurst #     C 02/13/14 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2016  01/20/97 5'08  170 Mississauga, ON
                                 5 Charles Manley *#   LD 12/19/11 Estevan Bruins (SJHL)           2016  07/16/96 5'11" 185 Orchard Park, NY
                                 4 Jacob Modry         LD 07/19/15 Los Angeles Jr. Kings U16 AAA   2018  01/23/99 6'03" 168 El Segundo, CA
                                19 Emil Ohrvall        LW 05/17/15 Shattuck St. Marys Prep         2017  06/10/98 5'10" 151 Vaxjo, Sweden
                                35 Chase Perry          G 12/02/15 Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)           2016  02/08/96 6'03" 195 Andover, MN

Women
                                 2 Kendra Farole       LD 03/15/15 California Wave U16             2016  01/29/98 5'05" 129 Huntington Beach, CA
                                28 Meg Hayes #          F 04/19/15 NAHA Major Junior White         2016  01/04/98 x'xx" xxx White River Jct, VT
                                15 Morgan Ondrick       F 02/08/15 Chicago Young Amer. U19 (HPHL)  2017  10/06/98 5'08" 145 Shorewood, IL
                                10 Blake Orosz          F 09/11/15 Nepean Wildcats (PWHL)          2016  09/04/97 5'02" 130 Chase Mills, NY
                                 7 Sabrina Repaci       F 07/20/15 Toronto Aeros (PWHL)            2016  11/07/98 5'05" 145 Toronto, ON
                                11 Katarina Seper #     D 12/19/14 Lakeville North HS (South Sub.) 2016  07/22/98 5'08.5155 Lakeville, MN
                                                                   Minnesota Ice Cats U19
                                * In the RPI directory
                                # Known to have signed National Letter of Intent
                                The years the men's recruits are listed as committed for are not necessarily accurate.
                                The dates on which some of the women are listed as committing on may be considerably after the actual dates.
                                I'll post stats after today's games are over.
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-02-2015, 09:05 PM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X