USA-Canada U-22/Development Team Series 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA-Canada U-22/Development Team Series 2016

Decided to start a new thread since, even though this involves a Team USA squad, the initial news is Canadian.

Hockey Canada has announced the 43-player roster for their Summer Showcase development team camp in Calgary, from which 23 players will be selected for a three-game series against the Americans in Lake Placid. The camp runs from August 9 - 15 at the Markin MacPhail Centre at WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, with scrimmages on the 11th, 14th, and 15th. (Direct link to roster)

The three games in Lake Placid are over 4 days, August 19 - 22.

No news (yet) from USA Hockey about a pre-"tournament" camp.
    Last edited by CrazyDave; 07-18-2015, 08:48 AM.
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
    Decided to start a new thread since, even though this involves a Team USA squad, the initial news is Canadian.

Hockey Canada has announced the 43-player roster for their Summer Showcase development team camp in Calgary, from which 23 players will be selected for a three-game series against the Americans in Lake Placid. The camp runs from August 9 - 15 at the Markin MacPhail Centre at WinSport’s Canada Olympic Park, with scrimmages on the 11th, 14th, and 15th. (Direct link to roster)

The three games in Lake Placid are over 4 days, August 19 - 22.

No news (yet) from USA Hockey about a pre-"tournament" camp.
    We don't need one.

Comment

Re: USA-Canada U-22/Development Team Series 2015

USA Hockey has announced their 83-player combined U-18 and U-22 National Festival camp roster. The camp runs August 11-16 in Lake Placid, with the U-18 and U-22 games against Canada starting on the 19th.

Comment

Re: USA-Canada U-22/Development Team Series 2016

I have been enjoying the men's junior national camp this week and look forward to the Ladies U-18 & U-22 camp in Lake Placid. I will be making as many games as possible in Lake Placid. The rest I will catch on Fasthockey.com. I got the one month subscription to cover all three camps.

Comment

It’s always interesting to see the names missing from the roster.

I have been curious why Shelby Amsley-Benzie was skipped over by the NWHL draft, and her name doesn’t appear on the Team USA roster ( nor last year) so I Googled her name … Chemical engineering working on her Masters, say no more …chemical engineering is always at the top of the list for average salary earned by recent grads, and given she was the WCHA Outstanding Student-Athlete last year and will have a Masters, she’ll likely be on the far right on the bell curve of the average salary of recent grads (and make more than any NWHL team will pay all 5 of their draftees).

Jeeze, who would have thought you could go to a hayshaker town in the Midwest to play hockey and earn a college degree that would be worth something? I thought only Ivy League schools allowed that?

Comment

It is interesting to me that there are so many players over the U-22 age group attending this camp! It seems to me that those players are taking the roster spots of some others left off the list that are currently playing college hockey at some of the top schools in the country.. In my opinion there should be a separate camp for those that aged out.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
              It is interesting to me that there are so many players over the U-22 age group attending this camp! It seems to me that those players are taking the roster spots of some others left off the list that are currently playing college hockey at some of the top schools in the country.. In my opinion there should be a separate camp for those that aged out.
              I was wondering the same. They should at least be honest and drop the U-22 moniker.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I was wondering the same. They should at least be honest and drop the U-22 moniker.
                It is the Women's National Festival and the U30s are almost always part of the camp.

Comment

Re: USA-Canada U-22/Development Team Series 2016

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  It is the Women's National Festival and the U30s are almost always part of the camp.
                  Then they should call it the U30's camp.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Canadian Development team roster announced - combined press release with the U18 squad and Development team roster

Canadian U18 roster

Corresponding announcements from USA Hockey expected tomorrow.

Comment

Corresponding announcements from USA Hockey expected tomorrow.
                      Here you go... USA press release and roster.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Noticed some of the birthdates (years) are wrong...like the Lams, Duggan, Knight, Coyne, Marvin, Decker and there could be others.

Comment

Here you go... USA press release and roster.
                          I'm thinking they have Sydney Baldwin's and Courtney Burke's hometowns reversed. Probably due to Midwestern elitism, but this roster seems a tad light on eastern representation (specifically from BC).
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-17-2015, 03:53 PM.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

For the record, here is the press release for the USA U-18 team as well.
                            Last edited by CrazyDave; 08-18-2015, 06:21 AM. Reason: Removed incorrect link... sorry about that.

Comment

For the record, here is the press release and roster for the USA U-18 team as well.
                              great to see my second favorite player in the country (Sidney Daniels) break the roster. After all...USA "Trumps" Harvard when rooting.
                              Great Job!

Comment

Working...
                              X