This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Team seems to lose in overtime an awful lot over the last two years for a club I thought was going to be in superior condition to its opponents. Disappointing.
    Maybe it's conditioning, i think it's mental.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I think it's lack of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
        Probably a combination of all the above. Losing in ot doesn't irritate me nearly as much as giving up three goals in five minutes at the start of the second. How long has it been that Maine absolutely sucks in the first half of the second period?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
          Yeah, probably true

Comment

It's a combination of a lot of things. Talent, mindset, coaching, motivation. I think these guys realize already that they aren't going to compete for anything this year so the focus and effort isn't always 100%. I don't let it bother me anymore. I've got enough other chit to worry about. I'll always cheer for them but now....win, lose, tie.....meh..whatever.

Comment

Gendron is sounding like Tim now. Praising the team when they lose by saying they battled hard, played well defensively, just didn't manage the puck well. Didn't say it was a moral victory, but came close. Changing his strategy from no longer throwing them under the bus. In my opinion there is not enough talent. I think they will improve as the season progresses. Perhaps this year they will peak at the end of the season. The last two years they have not.

Comment

I think he's right for last night anyway. I only listened to the internet feed, didn't see how they played, but they did fall apart a bit in the second and gave up the three goals. but they righted themselves and battled back to tie the game up, and lost it in OT to a fluke bad carom. Coming back to tie up a game is a lot better than leading and then giving up the tying goal late.

I hope they don't get down on themselves after last night, decide the season's a loss and pack it in. They've got to keep working hard, develop winning habits, and the wins will come.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Maine down 2 zip to princeton, wow, this program is done

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Maine down 2 zip to princeton, wow, this program is done
                    Maine has a five minute PP to start third, need to cash in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Maine has a five minute PP to start third, need to cash in.
                      Maine lost 3 to 1 to ****ing princeton. Wow, their really is no hope for this program

Comment

Maine lost 3 to 1 to ****ing princeton. Wow, their really is no hope for this program
                        I had no idea until after the game just how they bad are. Their leading scorer only had 14 points last year and only three guys in double figures. The next three weeks are going to be very tough but after that Maine has a fairly soft schedule. Has Maine ever have an October where they didn't win one game?

Comment

0-4-3...long season already...no picnic next weekend @ BC for 2 games...confidence factor has to be @ a all time LOW.

Comment

Wow!!! This team is awful. Off sides repeatedly in the closing minutes and during the PP. Impossible to generate scoring opportunities when that happens. 6 or 7 PP's and nothing to show for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Wow!!! This team is awful. Off sides repeatedly in the closing minutes and during the PP. Impossible to generate scoring opportunities when that happens. 6 or 7 PP's and nothing to show for it.
                              I wonder if red can't relate to these guys. I just can't imagine he isn't preparing these guys.

Comment

I guess maybe my 5 win prediction is a little too optimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X