X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    Last night UNH beat Union 5-2.

Besides winning games and making the NCAA's and competing for national championships, the other major measuring stick is whether or not we're better than UNH. I hope Maine can find its scoring touch before December when we play UNH.
    And the night before Union tied Michigan 5-5......what's your point? I could care less what UNH is doing.....they are in the same boat as Maine less 2 national titles.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      UMO has given up more then twice the number of goals its scored and has yet to officially enter the win column.
      What's UMO?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        So Quinnipiac took #9 St. Cloud to the woodshed over the weekend 5-2 and 4-1. North Dakota dominated Vermont 2-0 and 5-2. Seems like Maine isn't quite as bad as some of u would like to think.

On a side note.......Q gets 5 out of their first 6 at home (Holy Cross, Arizona State, Maine, St. Cloud x2.....Union gets first 7 at home (Sacred Heart, BU, Maine x2, Michigan, UNH, RPI).......must be nice!
        What these teams are doing are winning games in regulation play...not winning by Gimmick Shoot-Outs..and I know the Shoot-Out is Ok in regular season Tourneys but the bottom line is Maine is no where's near where Quinnipiac and North Dakota are heading...Maine needs to start winning games and NOT having the Coach mad as h#ll in the way they play(which he's responsible for)...or the Players saying all the right things in print...we played bad "BUT" we learned and we looking forward to changing how we play...blah-blah-blah...Both Coaches/Players need to shut up and DO IT on the Ice and behind the Bench...talk is cheap and whiskey cost money.

Comment

What's UMO?
          Used to be a Hockey Program/way back when(?).

Comment

Looks like old buddy Blake James just got out-maneuvered in his new AD spot at Miami. Said yesterday they wouldn't fire Al Golden after their fb team got historically romped and today, surprise, they fired Golden. Not a good look for Blake, he clearly has no power as the boss out there.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Who's been blamed for more chit after leaving a job George W. Bush or Tim Whitehead?
              Hard to say... Both of them left a complete mess to clean-up.

I see no reason to continue to travel to see ice hockey. This team is devoid of talent. I think that Byron will play at the next level, *possibly* Brown, too, and Mac may have a shot as well... Otherwise, no soap.

I'm going to concentrate on Maine football (and even field $#uk1n$ FIELD hockey!) for a while. Both programs are in the mix. My over/under for men's hockey this year is 8 wins, and that might be a bit on the high side.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-25-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                Last night UNH beat Union 5-2.

Besides winning games and making the NCAA's and competing for national championships, the other major measuring stick is whether or not we're better than UNH. I hope Maine can find its scoring touch before December when we play UNH.
                "Find" implies it exists but it's just lost.

Let's keep it real: our theoretical top 5 forwards (Vesey, Byron, Swavely, Brown and Morgan) are a rung down from the top 5 most of our opponents will be trotting out this year, and once you get past those 5, our depth drops off a cliff. Obviously losing Shore and Hutton is huge because of what they brought individually, but those two guys knew how to make their teammates better. And I hate when we as Maine fans act like impact losses are exclusive to us and we justify the program's mediocrity for the next year or two as a result. Anyone see an impact freshman (forward) on the roster?

We're shooting at 3.9% through our first 5 games. For a team that has 5 goals in 5 games, this should be easy to figure but that equates to just barely over 1 goal for every 30 shots taken. I see people giving the bad start a pass because of playing tough teams or on the road, but how much easier do you think it's going to get when the conference play starts? At some point you need to put more than 1 goal up against a good team to compete in this league. Ideally, you'll make more of a habit of it than once in a blue moon.

I don't know what McGovern's status is after not playing at all in the Quinnipiac or exhibition game, but he clearly looks like the brightest spot on this team early. I just don't know how many 2-1 games we can ask him to win this year if our "hope" is to finish better than 10th. Now obviously, we'll finish with a better mark than 1.00 GPG, but God bless you if you think this roster is going to 'find its scoring touch' and have any sort of consistency this season.
                Last edited by TripleE; 10-25-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

@Fishman81 can’t kick about that field hockey team; for a couple of years they have been like my sleeper team to follow-- lots of fun, we are actually really good (as in top 20 in the country)--an opportunity to win more games this year than any Maine team before; we are really really good!

Uh, as for Maine hockey-well, I will wait for the return of McGovern, it is apparent that the two netminders from last year are the same this year--but Mr. McGovern looks like it might be possible to have hope. Goalscoring at a premium, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                    "Find" implies it exists but it's just lost.

Let's keep it real: our theoretical top 5 forwards (Vesey, Byron, Swavely, Brown and Morgan) are a rung down from the top 5 most of our opponents will be trotting out this year, and once you get past those 5, our depth drops off a cliff. Obviously losing Shore and Hutton is huge because of what they brought individually, but those two guys knew how to make their teammates better. And I hate when we as Maine fans act like impact losses are exclusive to us and we justify the program's mediocrity for the next year or two as a result. Anyone see an impact freshman (forward) on the .
                    Of the 5 guys mentioned, cam is the only one who could get any time or space against Unb. Vesey got no shot on a 2 on 1, the rest invisible
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Looks like old buddy Blake James just got out-maneuvered in his new AD spot at Miami. Said yesterday they wouldn't fire Al Golden after their fb team got historically romped and today, surprise, they fired Golden. Not a good look for Blake, he clearly has no power as the boss out there.

Didn't he extend Timmay back when the ship was starting to sink? At least he's trying to save The U

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                        Anyone see an impact freshman (forward) on the roster?
                        I don't, but I'm just hoping someone, Robbins, Perez, Gibson, steps his game up as they get more comfortable in the college game, cause it seems pretty obvious that our upper class, as much as we might love them, have only so much to offer, and that's not quite gonna be enough. Some of the younger players on this team need to grab the bull by the horns and take over team leadership, make it their team, not the leftover remnants of TIMMAY's team.

I love Byron and Brown, and thought it might be them, but it's looking like it's not gonna be. Solid players, but not carry a team on your back sort of guys like Greg Moore was.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/10/2...-alfond-arena/

Comment

Seems like Maine isn't quite as bad as some of u would like to think.
                            Maine is awful. Can't score. Slow. I'm guessing 5 wins this season.

Comment

The student line was huge just before game time. There were a ton of empty seats 5 minutes before start of game. They were quickly filled by students once they were allowed in. Nice to see the students turn out and have an opportunity to see the game.

Comment

Wow, your first regular season home game isn't until November 15th? That's crazy. No wonder so many showed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X