Originally posted by all bear View Post
    Don't remember Tony Hamlin....you forgot big bad Nick Susi
    Oh yes, good memory.

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey: Summer 2015 on the Stillwater

Originally posted by all bear View Post
      Don't remember Tony Hamlin....you forgot big bad Nick Susi
      Paul Bessey, Stinson, Sterling

I was there all the time, my dad had season tickets to every sport as an Admin at the U. The place was fun but the pit held 50 people hardly comparable to a sold out Cross or Alfond Arena
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I'd love it if we had a team this year that would make opposing players skittish about skating into the slot. Will believe it when I start seeing it.
        With all the size he has recruited you'd think that has to happen. If it doesn't it will make no sense at all

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          I remember going to the pit very early before a game. In the early 70's you had to in order to get in and have a good seat. Those games were sell outs and the atmosphere was electric. Bob Warner, Peter Gavett, Tony Hamlin and Wally Russell (a fan favorite). Great times.
          Although I don't typically like going outside of hockey on this thread, I had to chip in on this one!! BIG Paul Wholey fan in the mid-70s!! I can still hear in my head the "Wholey!!!" chants in the PIT!!!

Comment

Nobody's going to mention Rufus Harris? Great talent at a tweener size. After him, Cross and Sturgeon had nice careers. The Pit was a fun place to see a game when any of those guys were on the floor. (Carlisle's cup of coffee ought to be mentioned, too.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Nobody's going to mention Rufus Harris? Great talent at a tweener size. After him, Cross and Sturgeon had nice careers. The Pit was a fun place to see a game when any of those guys were on the floor. (Carlisle's cup of coffee ought to be mentioned, too.)
              Skip Chapelle, when he retired he was relatively speaking same type of dominance Harris had

The best around here to watch was Billy Ray Bates
              Last edited by Hokydad; 10-03-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                Although I don't typically like going outside of hockey on this thread, I had to chip in on this one!! BIG Paul Wholey fan in the mid-70s!! I can still hear in my head the "Wholey!!!" chants in the PIT!!!
                I never realized Paul went to Maine. Played against him for 3 years in high school and knew him well. We used to have pick up games against him and the Hull boys in the off season. Some good hoops was played around here back in the 70's. Try covering his arse for 32:00. As you probably know, it was no picnic.
                Saw him a few years back. He's doing well. Great guy.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Is anyone going today? I would like to but don't want to drive seven to eight hours just to watch a scrimmage. Looking forward to hearing reports on the freshmen.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Is anyone going today? I would like to but don't want to drive seven to eight hours just to watch a scrimmage. Looking forward to hearing reports on the freshmen.
                    i'm going or at least i hope to

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      i'm going or at least i hope to
                      They have a online stream for free. I only saw the last five minutes of the first. 1-0 white on a goal from tegeler. I'm a little surprised him and Norman came back for fifth years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        They have a online stream for free. I only saw the last five minutes of the first. 1-0 white on a goal from tegeler. I'm a little surprised him and Norman came back for fifth years.
                        Robbins looks like he can get up and go. Gibson is an assist guy, he already showed me he looks to pass. I'd be shocked if Rai can stay on the ice. The guy is small. Cochrane is huge. Tegeler looked pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Robbins looks like he can get up and go. Gibson is an assist guy, he already showed me he looks to pass. I'd be shocked if Rai can stay on the ice. The guy is small. Cochrane is huge. Tegeler looked pretty good
                          I thought Rai looked like the best of the freshmen forwards, but agree with you it will be a miracle if he can stay healthy. I thought all of them looked like decent skaters. Michel really impressed me of the dmen. If they play hard and we can see improvement in some of the younger players over the course of the season it will be a success in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I'd love it if we had a team this year that would make opposing players skittish about skating into the slot. Will believe it when I start seeing it.
                            The problem is that even clean hits are penalized in today's game if they are too hard.
                            Last edited by Hockeyman99; 10-05-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Just realized that I never got my season tickets in the mail...

I guess I need to call.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                Just realized that I never got my season tickets in the mail...

I guess I need to call.
                                They haven't arrived yet. Should be coming this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X