This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    Yippie...we are now up to a whopping 2 right handed D on next years roster. Corbin McGuire I suppose is our third. How did Eaves manage to keep his job as long as he did with this type of roster management? It would be really nice to tap into the Granato USDP contacts and land Emberson (or D'Andre Miller) as another RHD to add to Parsells who is already committed for next year. The pipeline in pretty good shape as far as traditional Wisconsin/Oz level dmen on the left side in Giddon and Inamoto lined up, but could really use a stud righty next class to fill in in front of Brady Smith arriving in 2019.

Between Oz, the history of dman U, and the playing time opportunity for a high end RHD...I would expect we see a commit in short order.
    K'Andre Miller from Minnetonka?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
      K'Andre Miller from Minnetonka?
      Yes (not sure why I did the D'Andre....brain malfunction).

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        Saw a tweet that Tarek Baker has been named Captain of Bloomington in the USHL, so he appears to be coming in next season. His Twitter account does still indicate he is a UW commit.
        appears ?NOT? to be coming in next year?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Nyberg is a right hander! Automatically puts him on the first D pair with Greenway and on the pp.

There's 10D on this year's list and 13D listed for next year. Pretty bonkers. Stillwell, Berkovitz and Vance all seem to be passed by Greenway and Nyberg. Greenway should shoot right to the top. Next year 3 highly regarded players are slated to arrive, Inamato, Parcells and Gildon. UW could have some young D pairs playing the next 2 years over the more experienced but less effective upperclassmen.
          Is Nyberg projected to be a top 4 Dman? I know nothing about him.

Comment

I'm guessing that some of our incoming freshmen aren't ever going to see much action. And maybe also some of our sophs.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              I'm guessing that some of our incoming freshmen aren't ever going to see much action. And maybe also some of our sophs.
              Zimmer, Frederic, Labosky, Greenway, and Nyberg will.

Players like Berkovitz, Stillwell, Berry, Blomquist will probably sit.

Vance and Sundberg I have no idea if they are still coming, I'm assuming no. Same goes for Berkovitz and Stillwell. Stillwell can stay another year in Juniors but Berkovitz has used up his eligibilty.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                appears ?NOT? to be coming in next year?
                Tarek Baker is not coming until 2017/2018 season...sorry for the confusion. That's what happens when I try to put up a short post via my phone!
                Last edited by DPlaya; 06-07-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                  MADISON, Wis. – Head men's hockey coach Tony Granato announced on Monday the addition of defenseman Philip Nyberg, who has signed a National Letter of Intent and is expected to join the Badgers for the fall.

Born in Karlskrona, Sweden, Nyberg spent last season skating for Linköping HC J20 in Sweden's SuperElit league. In 45 regular-season contests, the right-handed shot posted four goals and 18 points. He added a goal in four playoff games.

"He is a very athletic, explosive skater," Granato said. "His first two steps are really good. He's also a quality person from a quality family with great character."

In the prior season of 2014-15, the 6-3 and 192-pound rear guard skated three games with the same Linköping HC J20 squad, but played the majority of the year with Linköping HC J18, serving as an assistant captain. He had three goals and 12 points in 20 games playing in the J18 Elit league, as well as two assists in nine games in the J18 Allsvenskan league.

Nyberg is the fourth signing of the spring for the Badgers. The signings of goaltenders Jack Berry and Johan Blomquist, as well as defenseman JD Greenway, were announced last week.
                  Nyberg is listed as a left-handed shot here on the Linkoping site, but as a right-hander at Elite Prospects here.

Comment

Lekrone will have to add the following before The Star Spangled Banner.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-hnewrxPo
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      The spreadsheet has been updated with the signing of Nyberg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                      Why is Sundberg not on it? I haven't seen anything that says he is not committed anymore. All sites state he still is.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        Why is Sundberg not on it? I haven't seen anything that says he is not committed anymore. All sites state he still is.
                        I was informed, via a trusted source, that he was not going to be attending the UW.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          I was informed, via a trusted source, that he was not going to be attending the UW.
                          If you're going by that logic, Vance should not be on there either.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Nyberg is a right hander! Automatically puts him on the first D pair with Greenway and on the pp.

There's 10D on this year's list and 13D listed for next year. Pretty bonkers. Stillwell, Berkovitz and Vance all seem to be passed by Greenway and Nyberg. Greenway should shoot right to the top. Next year 3 highly regarded players are slated to arrive, Inamato, Parcells and Gildon. UW could have some young D pairs playing the next 2 years over the more experienced but less effective upperclassmen.
                            I'm hoping that is not the top pairing. Ideally it would be Linhart and one of the soph's, although I really like what Greenway brings. But if one of the sophomores steps up his game enough in the off season to beat out Greenway for a top pair spot, I'm going to feel pretty good about where the D is at.

I won't be surprised at all if camp breaks with only 8 D including Hurley. Or 9, I guess, if we count McGuire as switching.

Also, while a L/R D pairing is ideal, I'm going to take the best available player every time. Rather play a better player on his off hand side than a lesser player because outside of the PP, 80-90% of what they need to do on a given shift is largely unaffected by which hand is dominant. Actually, with this group of F's, if the D can just play D, win the puck back and get it out quick, the Badgers will be in very good shape.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Nyberg is listed as a left-handed shot here on the Linkoping site, but as a right-hander at Elite Prospects here.
                              Most European players have a left handed shot, because of how they hold the stick. They are taught the dominate hand should be on the top of the stick controlling the stick handling. North American players are taught the dominate hand is placed on the bottom part of stick for more power. I know USA hockey was trying to change the thought process to have the dominate hand on the top of the stick which is the main control for most to all movements of the stick. If you look at a European club most players are listed left shot and North American roster majority are right shot. This is the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                                Most European players have a left handed shot, because of how they hold the stick. They are taught the dominate hand should be on the top of the stick controlling the stick handling. North American players are taught the dominate hand is placed on the bottom part of stick for more power. I know USA hockey was trying to change the thought process to have the dominate hand on the top of the stick which is the main control for most to all movements of the stick. If you look at a European club most players are listed left shot and North American roster majority are right shot. This is the reason.
                                I never played any organized hockey but just playing on the pond, I tended to like moving the puck left handed, but I do baseball, golf and lacrosse all right handed. Good explanation for the reason. Thanks.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X