This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting Vol. XXXIV: Go pick me out a winner, Strand

So I take it that most USHL transfers are of the 4-2-4 variety?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Here we go...
      Thx, I missed the JC thing. Learned something

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
        UW recruit Dan Labosky currently leads the USHL play-offs in scoring 5-11-16. His team, Tri-city Storm is 1 win away from the title.
        They won the Clark Cup last night. Labosky led the USHL in playoff points with 5-14-19 in 11 games.

Comment

Tweet from Mark Osiecki yesterday:

What a day on @UWMadison for a recruit to enjoy!! @BadgerMHockey staff enjoyed it very much. #Badgers

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Tweet from Mark Osiecki yesterday:

What a day on @UWMadison for a recruit to enjoy!! @BadgerMHockey staff enjoyed it very much. #Badgers
            Hopefully a right handed dman for next year....heck, a right handed dman named Emberson &/or D'andre Miller for the following season would be nice too.

Comment

I'll put my "administration puppet" hat back on and put this out there.

Applications are now open for the 2016-2017 Fan Advisory Board.

I encourage all to apply. I was involved a few years ago and got to see some very interesting things. You get a bit of a peak behind the scenes (facility tours) as well as behind the curtain (administration fielding feedback on events, promotions, changes, ideas).

I believe they schedule 4 meetings (1 per calendar quarter) and try to match them up to sporting seasons. Most of the meetings were scheduled to allow for easier weekend travel for people who are outside of the Madison area. A few of the meetings were scheduled around sporting event weekends when people would be coming into town.

A special change for this yer:
              The Athletic Department is currently accepting applications for the 2016-17 Fan Advisory Board. Season ticket holders in any UW sport are strongly encouraged to apply. New this year, applications will be also accepted from non-season ticket holders who are regular Badger game attendees. Previous season ticket holders who dropped their season tickets recently are encouraged to apply as well.

You can get all of the details here. As with previous posts of this nature, I'll be glad to answer any questions that people may have via the board, PM, e-mail, telegraph, smoke signals, ESP or any other communication method.

Comment

For anyone interested, an article about Frederic.

http://thehockeywriters.com/trent-fr...spect-profile/

Comment

MADISON, Wis. – Head men's hockey coach Tony Granato announced on Monday the addition of defenseman Philip Nyberg, who has signed a National Letter of Intent and is expected to join the Badgers for the fall.

Born in Karlskrona, Sweden, Nyberg spent last season skating for Linköping HC J20 in Sweden's SuperElit league. In 45 regular-season contests, the right-handed shot posted four goals and 18 points. He added a goal in four playoff games.

"He is a very athletic, explosive skater," Granato said. "His first two steps are really good. He's also a quality person from a quality family with great character."

In the prior season of 2014-15, the 6-3 and 192-pound rear guard skated three games with the same Linköping HC J20 squad, but played the majority of the year with Linköping HC J18, serving as an assistant captain. He had three goals and 12 points in 20 games playing in the J18 Elit league, as well as two assists in nine games in the J18 Allsvenskan league.

Nyberg is the fourth signing of the spring for the Badgers. The signings of goaltenders Jack Berry and Johan Blomquist, as well as defenseman JD Greenway, were announced last week.

Comment

The spreadsheet has been updated with the signing of Nyberg.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0oE/edit#gid=0
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Nyberg is a right hander! Automatically puts him on the first D pair with Greenway and on the pp.

There's 10D on this year's list and 13D listed for next year. Pretty bonkers. Stillwell, Berkovitz and Vance all seem to be passed by Greenway and Nyberg. Greenway should shoot right to the top. Next year 3 highly regarded players are slated to arrive, Inamato, Parcells and Gildon. UW could have some young D pairs playing the next 2 years over the more experienced but less effective upperclassmen.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

https://***********/Osiecki24/status/740249873497264128/photo/1

Oz is out recruiting in Minnesota today. This staff sure is making the off season more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          https://***********/Osiecki24/status/740249873497264128/photo/1

Oz is out recruiting in Minnesota today. This staff sure is making the off season more entertaining.
                          He's driving up to Fargo for their tryout camp.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            He's driving up to Fargo for their tryout camp.
                            Ah, there you have it then.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Nyberg is a right hander!
                              Yippie...we are now up to a whopping 2 right handed D on next years roster. Corbin McGuire I suppose is our third. How did Eaves manage to keep his job as long as he did with this type of roster management? It would be really nice to tap into the Granato USDP contacts and land Emberson (or D'Andre Miller) as another RHD to add to Parsells who is already committed for next year. The pipeline in pretty good shape as far as traditional Wisconsin/Oz level dmen on the left side in Giddon and Inamoto lined up, but could really use a stud righty next class to fill in in front of Brady Smith arriving in 2019.

Between Oz, the history of dman U, and the playing time opportunity for a high end RHD...I would expect we see a commit in short order.

Comment

• Saw a tweet that Tarek Baker has been named Captain of Bloomington in the USHL, so he appears to be coming in next season. His Twitter account does still indicate he is a UW commit.

Comment

Working...
                                X